It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

do you wanna see day by day plan for painless induction to suboxone?
Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:22 pm
yes 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
no 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Please tell me how to do this properly. I cant afford to be sick for 3 or 4 days I will lose my job. I have subs I have dope, but I dont have time to be sick. Do I take the a tiny but of sub right after shooting up? How long do I do this for? Once daily? How many MG do I stop at and make full transition. If I feel sick should I do more dope. Please help. I have been on and off subs for years but my habbit is over a gram of NYC powder a day and I cant seem to get back on subs without getting really sick for days. Please help with homers formula,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yarab,

I'm not sure whether or not you noticed the date of the posts on this thread or the last day of the poll but it(the poll), ended in 2012. I'm not sure if the original poster is still around.

There are many factors to consider when inducting from heroin to buprenorphine, however many consider
the best way to induct from heroin to suboxone is to use the COWS which stands for clinical opiate withdrawal scale. It can be found easily online. It contains a scoring system for specific symptoms of withdrawal, and once a certain score is reached on the scale, it is considered safe to begin taking buprenorphine with the least chance of precipitating the withdrawal syndrome. It is considered better to have someone else score your symptoms objectively, because we generally have a tendency to
Over score our own symptoms because we want and need some relief. You may want to begin with small doses like 2 mgs at a time until your withdrawal symptoms subside and you arrive at the dose that works for you this may also help to lessen the chance and severity of PW, should you not wait long enough before you begin to dose.

May I ask, do you have a way to obtain a doctor who can legally prescribe suboxone and supervise your induction? Do you plan to use suboxone for maintenance or a short detox? If the latter, do you have any other kind of support or recovery tools you plan to utilize to remain clean? It's one thing to get through the withdrawal and get clean, but much harder to stay stopped.

Of course, everyone is different and these^^^^are just general guidelines for sub induction, and not everyone will have the same experience. Some people will need a larger or smaller amount of suboxone to address withdrawal and control cravings, depending on how much heroin/other opioids used, and how long you used.
How long have you been using h? Other Opiates?
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you as I dint know what the method of induction the original poster was referring to, but others should also be along to hopefully help and lend support, however this being a recovery website, I dint think anyone here will advise you to utilize the h that you still have. I wish you success in your induction, and hope that you'll consider finding a dr to help you with this process. And welcome to our forum!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you so much for your in depth reply. I have been on Suboxone for a year with much success. I take 16 mg a day but I am prescribed 24 mg. I relapsed a few weeks ago and have been using close to a gram of iv heroin daily. I need to get back on my suboxone but last time I made the transition to subs from this high level of H abuse I got very sick and was unable to work for 3 days, even after waiting the requisite 24 hours before my first dose. I am familiar with the standard procedure of beginning with low dose sub and working my way up gradually. In the dead thread the poster named "Homer," hinted at a way of building up sub in your body while using herion so that when you make the final jump it is relatively painless. Although this supposed miracle transition seems counterintuitive do to bup's strong affinity for opioid receptors and it's tendancy to bring on PW I couldn't help but hope someone had discovered something new. I'm treading water here and I can't afford to miss work. I hate hate hate using. I'm a fucking prisoner right now and I'm watching things crumble in slow motion. If anyone knows a way for someone with a very large habit to switch on to suboxone without becoming to sick to work, please fill me in. Thank you for any help you can offer

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on suboxone for 4 days. I can tell you it's a total life saver for me. I realize it is early in the game but I have hope for a normal life like I never thought I would just 1 week ago.
I started my addiction to drugs by using hydrocodone for pain and discovering how fantastic I felt on it. In 3 years I've gone to percs...zohydro...any kind of opiate pain killer I could get my hands on to heroin once I started to chase the dragon. I went hard core into sniffing d. ..it's cheaper...easier to get...A better high...A better pain killer. 450 dollars a week that my family could not afford. I'm so utterly ashamed of my actions and will battle the guilt of this for the rest of my life. I just wanted to post incase there were any other undercover addicts out there that think there is no hope or help. My tolerance was so high it took 4 percent 30 for me to feel it at all. I take 2 8mg.sub Daily and I feel wonderful...no joke. Try it. It's worth the shot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:15 pm 

Ilyich,
Thank you for telling your short story on a new beginning. It is always great to hear how quickly sub can indeed turn around an addict.
This is the estimate action of the med. Congrats on starting..

For me this was a complete turn around also. That was almost four years ago.
This is a Process, and work Ned's to be done in order to Start the forgiveness of self and of family.
It is hard, hard to self forgive but the best thing we can do is stay clean and continue to work at it.
There are many ways and people who can help. The forum and it's founder, Dr J Junig have written many experiences and this is where I've learned... Keep posting an reading. Make sure you go to the Talk one and read Junig blog post.
His User guide and e book, I feel are must reads for opiate addicts and Bupe.. Best of luck to you

Razor....