It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

do you wanna see day by day plan for painless induction to suboxone?
Poll ended at Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:22 pm
yes 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
no 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

please tell me your plan. i seriously need help. i pm'd you but have not gotten a reply. i am brand new to this forum but not to suboxone. it has been years of going back and forth between subs and the needle. i now have a job in which i cannot afford to be ill for days on end but i am so incredibly depressed being on dope. please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

there is not really any way to switch any thing legal with out a doctors consent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Homer,

If you have a method of slowly increasing bupe levels in your blood or something similar that works for you I would love to hear it. I have been desperately trying to get back on subs but my oxy tolerence is 450mg ( 15 blues ) a day and I just can not get it to work anymore and I always cave in and use because of the severity of the withdrawals. I still dont understand the reason for the poll rather than just posting it, even if it only helped one person wouldnt that be good enough for you?. If I find a way to fix my own screwed up situation, I would be willing to share with anyone who would want to listen, even if it was only one person sincerely interested.

I definately would love to hear what has worked for you by building up the bupe levels to decrease the severity of the withdrawals. Like I said, I still dont understand about the poll and and wondering why you just didnt post it, but just in case you have something for real that could work for myself or others, for the chance that it could work, im willing to try anything. I am at the end of my rope here. This stuff is life or death for alot of people searching for answers and toying around with " I have a method that works for me but will only share it if enough people beg me for it, really isnt that cool man. Sorry if you dont like to hear that, but thats just how it came across.

Heres my story if you are serious about letting people know about this method you are proposing or if you are even interested: If you dont care, dont bother to read any further as I dont want to waste your time.

Suboxone and Subutex used to work like a wonder drug for me and i guess i just wasn't ready to fully quit at the time and i would use oxys for a while and then detox using subs and stay clean for a few weeks to a month and then start using again. I know that was very stupid of me but if I knew better, i wouldn't be in the position I am in right now. I thought I had it all figured out, lol.

Now, my fiance and i are taking about 15 30mg oxycodone Immediate release pills (blues). Every single time we try and get clean using subutex, we wait until we are in full withdrawals and wait anywhere between 24-36 hours and we get extremely sick. We usually start out either taking a half a pill of subutex or a full 8mg pill and it doesn't make a difference, we always get very sick to the point where we can not stand it any more and end up taking a shot of about 90mgs of the blues and it takes us out of the sickness, but then we went through all that hell for nothing.

Our tolerance is so high right now where we don't really even get any relief from taking the pain pills. What i am wondering is with our tolerance the way it is, do we maybe need to take alot more of the subutex initially? Or does that not matter? Every single suboxone/subutex doctor always tells me that if I follow their instructions exactly it will work and that is just not the case any more. We also wait alot longer than they recommend due to the fear of precipitated withdrawals and that doesn't help. If I tell them what happened, they always become extremely upset and don't like to hear that it didn't work.

We really want to get clean, we even flew to Michigan and were going to have a rapid detox procedure done that was going to cost 19K and they were not able to perform the treatment because my fiance's blood levels were way too high for a few different things which we are taking care of right now also. So it is not that we don't want to get clean, i was going to spend 19K to get clean and was not able to go that route which may have been a good thing or not depending on the research I have been doing.

Also, I am currently trying to taper down on the oxys according to a schedule that we made up.

I wish there was a way to have a doctor or nurse come to my house and inject me with something that would knock me out when i experience these horrifying withdrawals. That would make it alot easier. We have tried using xanax and we are so sick that the xanax doesn't even seem to have any effect no matter how many we take.

I read on the forum where you ( Homer ) seemed to have a method where you slowly take subutex at small dosages to get the bupe binded to the receptors over time to build up, which sounds like a possible method. At this point I am willing to try anything.

Any advice you may have would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance if you actually come through with any advice for this method, and if you are not willing to, I think the whole idea of posting this POLL was really screwed up!

Thanks,

Mike

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mike,

I don't think Homer is trying to be cagey about his method for no reason, in his very first post he stated, "the main downside is , once you know it, it mkes it easy to relapse, knowing u can painlessly go straight back on subs."

I can kinda see where he's coming from. He doesn't want to enable a bunch of addicts to be able to jump from opiates to Suboxone with no issue's at all because he's worried that will hurt them in the long run. Homer is apparently suffering from a moral dilema as to whether or not he should post his method. I know one of the things that kept me from bouncing back and forth between pain pills and Suboxone was knowing I'd have to go through wd each time.

Anyhoo, after reading through his posts, I have a pretty good idea of what he's doing and while I don't feel completely comfortable posting all of this, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Here are excerpts from his posts on this thread:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"basics are start taking small doses of sub while u still using ger and slowly build up..1mg to start with, build up over days, upping dose slowly, 2 mg second day..still using gear...bupe needs to build up in your system"

"dont anybody start doing it till ive finished whoe schedule , but u will never throw yourself into wd just taking 2mg or under, not if you are a heavy user, always take the sub just after the hit too"

"honestly u dont need to wait for wds, take small doses of sub while still using...build up the bupe levels. thats the basics of it"

"I was easily able to take 1mg to start with though, but that was while doing a lot of gear. No harm in taking it slower though. Up dose as you feel. Have lopermide and benzos in stock for when you have got the bupe levels high enough to start feeling it. Then u stop taking the gear. You will instinctively know when cos it will no longer do anything."

"In my experience 1mg of bupe has no chance of kicking a substantial amount of methadone off your receptors. Maybe if you are already 48 hrs since your last dose, then 1 mg bupe might precipitate wds"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, it appears that he's taking a small enough dose of Suboxone (1mg to start) right after taking a hit of Heroin. By doing that, he's making sure he has enough H in his system where the small amount of Suboxone won't be able to knock all or even most of the H off the opiate receptor. He seems to do this for a couple of few days to gradually build up the amount of Suboxone in his system, then he ups his Suboxone to 2mg and again builds up Suboxone in his system. As the Suboxone is building up and slowly occupying more and more receptors, the H he's using is becoming less and less effective, not as many opiate receptors left to bind to.

Eventually, as the Suboxone levels get high enough, it will occupy all of the opiate receptors rendering the H useless and at this time, you transition over to Suboxone completely. I'm guessing the Loperamide (Imodium) and the Benzo's help smooth out the transition if things get bumpy.

Basically, what he seems to be doing is using the Suboxone to effectively lower his tolerance or the amount of H getting to his opiate receptors. I guess it makes sense? Since you can't decrease the amount of Roxie's you're doing on your own, you could use Suboxone in small amounts to "tie up" more and more opiate receptors over time and that's basically lowering your tolerance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I guess i can see what you mean about the moral dilema he may be facing, but for someone like myself who has tried to get on subs about 4 times recently with no success because of my tolerance it would basically be a life saver.

I guess I can guinnea pig it with the limited amount of info he did provide, but if he has a method already down that works, I would much rather have something to follow exactly rather than making any potential mistakes.

On my next try to get on subs, I desperately want it to work. I am so sick of using and just want to get off of these things.

Homer, if you read this and don't feel comfortable posting this method on the board, please shoot me a private message with the info, lol It would be very much appreciated.

ike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah homer 6 months into my 4 year stint MMT, I shot temgesic on top of my daily methadone, and man was I in hurry to get to the clinic the next day.
2mg of subutex is like a bucket of cold water,in a warm bed if you take it to early for a morphine habit, also.
I was treated with iv bup for methadone way back, bud, and Dr made me wait 3 days.
I dunno what your trying to proove, bud, but mankind has been battling addictions for centuries, and I don't think this is any sort of method that's ultimate thats for fucking sure. Theres a big difference between telling and teaching, and the ego does all the telling,,,, so I've found.
Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
I don't think Homer is trying to be cagey about his method for no reason, in his very first post he stated, "the main downside is , once you know it, it mkes it easy to relapse, knowing u can painlessly go straight back on subs."

Just flipping the script a bit here. There might be a bit of a catch 22 going here. ie a person who's willing to put in the effort to stay clean on Sub is generally motivated enough to endure a couple of days of induction discomfort without using. While a person who struggles to induce traditionally and let go of their using in one foul swoop happens to find it easier to relapse later on?

Homer this is just a thought but what if it isn't the "easy induction method" that makes it easier to relapse. Rather it's your need to find the painless way??

I haven't been blunt like this on here for a while... but to be honest this method doesn't make sense... It's just a couple of days of discomfort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just because something doesn't make sense doesn't mean it can't still be true. Hell, I don't completely understand how our Sun works and it mostly doesn't make sense to me how a bunch of Hydrogen can do what it's doing, but just because it doesn't make sense to me doesn't mean the Sun's not out there doing it's thing.

Also, inducing onto Suboxone may just be a couple of days of discomfort to some, but to others, it's a couple of days of hell on earth. For some, it's a lot more than a couple of days too. Some people take weeks and weeks to stabilize. If there was a better way to induce people onto Suboxone whose tolerances were very high, wouldn't we want to explore that?

This method Homer is proposing is certainly controversial, but it's not without its merits. To me, this would be a method of last resort (if it even works?). There are several members on this thread who are having a lot of trouble getting on Suboxone because their tolerance is so high. Is our answer to them "suck it up, tough it out, it's only a couple of days of discomfort." Those comments sound suspiciously familiar to me, they remind me of how non-addicts used to talk to me about getting my addiction under control....if only it were as easy as a couple of days of discomfort.

Homer's method may work, it may not....I just think it warrants further discussion.

BTW, in addition to this method being controversial, it is potentially dangerous too, I understand that, but the flip side of this equation is equally as dangerous, that being these people with high tolerances can't find a successful way to get onto Suboxone, they give up on Suboxone altogether and continue using huge amounts of opiates with no end in sight.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

2 days of discomfort my ass! Maybe for people with a low habit. It used to be that way for me but not any more unfortunately. I have a high tolerance and last time I tried to get on subs the precipitated withdrawals were so bad I almost went to the hospital. Luckily ( or not depending ) I was able to get some pills to reverse the effects of it. It seemed like forever while I was waiting for them and it was only about 45 min.

I am one of those people that if this method really does work, it would help me out greatly. I desperately want to be able to transtion to the subs but have been unsuccessful to on my last 4 tries. I would love to hear Homer chime in and let the people who really need it know exactly what the method is so that no un necessary mistakes are made while testing it on our own with limited info.

Mike

Post subject: flipping hell
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think folks here are forgetting how potent bup is, "less is more" and it's anti narcotic properties, not fully understood by anyone.
Mike, with your induction you may find, that the first ten days, are pretty shitty, hanging out but not, where discomfort slowly eases,,,,,,, maybe we need a receptor conditioning pill to be invented. Damm that monkey!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know that it will not be comfortable for me by any means. It used to be, but I screwed myself up way to bad for that anymore with what I let my tolerence build up to. I do not expect it to be comfortable at all, not even the slightest, I just want to find a way to actually get back on the subs with out being balled up on the ground and the bed in the fetal position in between bathroom trips to get sick. This type of withdrawal that I speak of is only known by people here with a severe habit. Anyone else who can transition with only a couple days of discomfort, i suggest that you stay on the subs before you end up in the situation that I am in. I definately thought it would never happen to me and do pretty well for myself in order to afford this bullshit.

There are no guns in my house due to the way it makes me feel and I do not trust myself with guns around feeling like that.

But there is some sense to this " Homer" method, slowly building up the bupe while still using so that the bupe fills up the receptors and it is not so much of a shock to the body when induced initially. In theory it makes sense, time will tell.

Next time I attempt it, I am going to test this out and am going to make it work. My plan is this. Im going to quit injecting the oxys next Monday. After that, it hopefully will be easier to taper the oxys down since there is no ritual involved with the shooting. The week before I induce the oxys, im going to try and get down to 4-6 oxy 30mg blues a day while at the same time, slowly building up the bupe. ( Heres my first major question, how much should I build the bupe to? maybe 2mg tops??)

I have a feeling it may work, because I know for a fact that if you get thrown into PW's, a shot will take you out of it. So even if I do get thrown into the PW'S again, I know a shot will take me out of it and the oxys ( especially at lets say 6 a day ) will wear off before the bupe does. So I really am hoping this will work.

( Second major question is after the bupe gets built up to a desired level, maybe 2MG while still using, how long to I have to wait after taking my last oxy pills before taking either a half or a whole bupe pill, again, after I quit the oxys I mean)??

I still have some things I am not entirely sure about and I wish Homer would chime in and fill in the missing pieces.

But I will definately post my results back once I start, which will be the weekend after Thanksgiving.

But heres the kicker, I will only post the results after I create a poll to create interest and then have alot of people beg me for the method, lol

So maybe he got what he wanted with the poll, lol, he might have just had an idea and was just looking for someone desperate or dumb enough to test his theory. I am at my wits end and will test anything at this point.

I know for sure that there are others that feel the exact same way that i do. And if you dont, god bless you! Stick to the subs and dont ever touch the oxys again. It was by far the worst, stupidest mistake i ever made in my entire life. Anyone who only experiences 2 days of " discomfort" thank your lucky stars and be very careful.

This drug is the devil and knows know boundaries and I wish everyone the best.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 am 

Whatever you end up doing, and however you end up doing it, I wish you the best. And I do hope that you'll share your story with everyone. It's only good fortune, and perhaps a little bit of grace, that I didn't end up in your position, so I would never presume to tell you to do anything different. I sincerely hope this method works for you!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Someone came in here posting about how his doctor put him on methadone for a few days before transferring to Suboxone. Some of us thought it was a risky idea but he said it really worked well for him. A few days on methadone let him stop using, settle a bit and be better prepared to induce to suboxone. Also surprisingly the induction went quite smoothly.

If your tolerance is sky high from the gear ... a lil while on a reducing methadone schedule might help reduce dependence to a level where yo can more comfortably switch to Sub?

Post subject: precip WD?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Extreme agitation, uncontrolled limb movement along with sudden release of fluids from both ends, shaking, goose flesh.
Mike, if your in precip you ain't got time to go into fetal position mate, cause your to busy bouncing off the wall. You lose all control of your senses, and need medical attention ah al pronto!
Getting your dose down will make induction easier, but it's still a rough transition, anyway you cut it.
Good Luck

Post subject: opinion
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have not had any exp w/ H , since China White left this area when the roads got tarred.....literally, that is all there is now seems like here anyways, tar, tar , tar...out in the boon docks!

I know enough from back then it was like the worst thing I had ever tried to stop, I even put my truck title up for more of that white. I had some trouble w/ similar drugs, like the oxy group, and my only way to feel better was to get more of something to make me "feel normal" anyway. Back then which has not been long now, I didn't have any suboxone to help either.

You talk like you have some information that is useful on the subject.

Looking forward to hearing it myself, although I have my doubts with only one word you used "painless"? That I really am curious about since when I hear the word gear, I think of a pin prick like pain?

I would vote yes, being very new here, I need to look into how I place my vote for you.

boxer

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

Post subject: update???
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

subodesntwork ... did you try it? if you did PLEASE tell me how it went. i too am at a point where my tolerance is so high and i have been switching back and forth for so many years that all of my attempts recently to switch to suboxone have failed. if i have a week to be completely out of commission i think that i could make it happen but my family life and work situation do not allow me to have that time. i am at such a loss and so f*cking scared. this is life and death because i am getting so tired of the struggle i often wish i could fall asleep and just not wake up the next morning to deal with another day of heroin. please let me know. thank you and i hope you are okay.

Post subject: Re: update???
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

scarredandscared wrote:
i am at such a loss and so f*cking scared. this is life and death because i am getting so tired of the struggle i often wish i could fall asleep and just not wake up the next morning to deal with another day of heroin. .

THIS IS EXACTLY how I felt, before going on suboxone..............
Im so sorry your at this point.....the best thing to do, IN MY opinion is to TRY as hard as you can,
to get your tolerance DOWN.....
OR take something with a shorter half-life for a week or even TWO before trying to switch again.........

I know it's easier said than done..... But maybe ,,, since your at the point you obviously are, YOU CAN DO IT
I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck
please post on your progress, or how your doing, or what works for you.......
Immodium in high doses will most likely HELP a whole bunch too.....

Im pulling for you, I'm hopefull you can do this, and Kick your habit's ass...........

Stay strong friend :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I honestly think this method would work for a majority of ppl, its def worth a try if its life or death. Also I wanted to point out that you DO NOT need to go to the hospital for precipitated withdrawals.. if you throw yourself into them it will take a little time to go away but they will.. you feel like you're gonna die but you definitely will not.. just to throw that out there. I do agree that there is ALOT of false statements being thrown out across this forum as facts.. addiction IS life or death, unless you know something to be absolutely fact (meaning you can back it up w/proof) you should not post it as anything other than your opinion and make it known that its only your opinion. Alot of people are being mis-informed about alot of things and like a previous post had said about them not wanting to try new things bc they tend to just follow things the way they were taught to, If we are presenting opinions as facts people are learning that and some will only follow that. If im going through the forum and see something like this I try to always correct it bc its not good for people to think someones opinion is the way this works. Also I just wanted to throw out there that this treatment is not the same for everyone, everyones body is different therefor we all are not on the same dose or the same dosing schedule. Someone could have a 60mg oxy habit and require 16mg of sub to be stable while the next person could have had a 450mg habit and be perfectly maintained on 8mg daily, some are fine to dose once per day while others find it best for them to dose twice a day, I see alot of people telling others things like "your habit was not a large one so you should not need to be on that much sub" or "dosing more than once a day is not the correct way"... point is nothing is "the right way" when it comes to sub, we're all different and it doesnt work the same way for everybody. The dose of sub that works well for you does NOT just depend on how large or small your habit was, it depends on alot of different factors so telling someone what dose they should be on based on the size of their habit isnt good.. I hope I made sense w/ all this, I wasnt trying to be rude in any way so im sorry if I might have came accross as that.. I just remember back when I started sub I was on a different forum and was very mis-informed about everything and ended up relapsing twice so I feel very strongly about making sure the right info is put out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I am the same person as homer from before. Sorry if I missed pm from anyone. I see some people have posted who I possibly cud av helped, sorry guys, I didn't see any possibility of helping anyone last time was ere so drifted away. Didn't hel that I forgot my log in amongst other things..

Anyone wants to pm me for advice on the transition, feel free, I will keep checking inbox.

Romeo summed it up pretty much. Any further queries, ask me, no worries.

As for the poll being some sort of attempt to get people to beg me for info...I have no idea how to reply to that...just never occurred to me that was even a thing someone wud do, baffled.

I realised at the time I wasnt doin a great job at communicating, but now I see a guy like Romeo disect the essence of it effortlessly- cheers mate, if only more were as perceptive

Homer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It might be worth revisiting this old thread. I've finally stabilised after relapsing on heroin and finding myself with a habit that made it difficult to re-induce on Sub. I might not have known it at the time, but I may have done a bit of Homer's technique without knowing it.

When first coming back on Sub, I found myself with some of the PW symptoms Stargazer mentioned. Sweating, goosebumps, limbs twitching like a crazy-man. Myoclonic jerks have been mentioned on this forum before, usually when falling asleep. I literally found myself elbowing anyone and anything sitting next to me. That was dosing approx 18 hours after last use, and I'd also cut down my habit from 1.7g a day of China to under a gram to prepare for the switch.

So against better judgement & conviction I kept using, in this limbo-land of really wanting to get back on Sub, but running back to the H to relieve precipitated withdrawal. But as I kept dosing intermittently, gradually the heroin was blocked more as the Sub stacked in my body. Eventually I found myself dosing more, and using less. While all this was going on, sanity gradually returned. My 12mg of Sub now holds me the full 24 hours, which was the dose I was on before the relapse.

While the induction was far from painless, I can see how there'd be merit to Homer's idea. There's been some people recently struggling to induce with large gear-habits, so it might be worth aiming for this smooth transition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next