It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HELLO MY NAME IS CHRISTINA I LIVE IN CHICAGO IL AND CURRENTLY PRESCRIBED THE 8 MGSUBOXEN MY PRESCRIPTION SAYS 2 TO 2.5 A DAY BUT I HAVE CUT DOWN TO HALF A PILL AND TODAY SO FAR HAVE ONLY TAKEN A QUARTER OF ONE I AM 7 WEEKS PREGGO AND VERY WORRIED AT MY FRST OB APP THE DOC SAID TO TRY TO JUST STOP AND THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLZ HELP I DONT WANT NAYTHING TO HAPPEN TO ME OR MY BABY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

So, your OB told you to just stop, but not your Sub doctor? If that's the case, your OB probably just doesn't know what she is talking about. Most OB's do not know much about Suboxone. You need to have your Sub doctor communicate with your OB. It increases the risk of MC to just stop. And, you should be switched to Subutex instead of Suboxone. If I'm not understanding you--I apologize. Some women do taper off, but it needs to be done slowly so you don't feel any WD because the baby can feel it, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree, don't just stop!! I'm 9 weeks along and have gone down to 1 mg a day. This was a really fast taper (slower would be better) but my body let me taper that quickly. Let your body be the judge. With each drop wait until you feel ok then drop again. You are already well on your way and doing even a most gradual taper you'd still be off in plenty of time to avoid your baby having NAS.

Best thing to do is speak with your doctors. I'm pretty surprised your OB said "just stop" this tells me he/she really hasn't a clue about the medication your on. Talk to your sub doctor and maybe get him/her to talk with your OB and work out a reasonable taper for you. You'll be fine. I'm at 1 mg now and tapering a little more before I jump, I also think it would be a good idea to jump closer to the end of the first trimester for me. But again, doing it this way was fast,,but my body let me do it. Let your body be your guide and get your doctors on the same page and a decent taper for you. It will all work out!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi. I agree that if your OB told you to "just stop", then they don't know anything about sub. It's way safer to stay on it (subutex instead of suboxone) during your pregnancy than to stop it, especially in the first trimester, when the risk of miscarriage is higher (the risk is there during the whole pregnancy, but higher in the first trimester). Remember, any withdrawals you feel, the fetus feels also, but YOU can be treated for them, while it cannot.

Here are some articles by Dr. Junig that are about pregnancy, addiction, and sub. I highly recommend you read them.

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/category/pregnancy/

Good luck and ask as many questions as you can.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Cinnagirl wrote:
So, your OB told you to just stop, but not your Sub doctor? If that's the case, your OB probably just doesn't know what she is talking about. Most OB's do not know much about Suboxone. You need to have your Sub doctor communicate with your OB. It increases the risk of MC to just stop. And, you should be switched to Subutex instead of Suboxone. If I'm not understanding you--I apologize. Some women do taper off, but it needs to be done slowly so you don't feel any WD because the baby can feel it, too.

Thank u for your reply yea i dont think he knows what he is talking about but my sub doc did switch me to subutex well generic form of it i am on about quarter to half a pill a day depends on how i feel I usually take a quarter 2 times a day i wanna get off by the time i have the baby but dont know when i need to be off by and best way to tapper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and Congrats on your coming little one. There is no need to rush getting off. As long as you are off 2-3 weeks before delivery that should be plenty of time for the sub to be out of your babies system avoiding the possibility of nas. As far as tapering you had some good advice above. Take it slow and listen to your body, you have plenty of time. It is suggested to make drops of 10-25%. Make sure you stabilize and are feeling no more symptoms for at least 4-5 days before dropping again. It is best to get as low as possible. Read thru the posts in the stopping suboxone forum. There is a lot of good info on how to taper correctly. Again Congrats and relax and enjoy your pregnancy, you have plenty of time. Even if you don't make it off, the risk for nas is quite low on sub.

Post subject: thanks for the replys
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u and every one else for your replys they were reassuring and very help full