It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I just started suboxone about 2 wks ago at 8mgs once a day. I know everyone has already said it makes it hard or impossible for women (and men) to reach orgasm. I’m wondering if I’m on too high of dose and already I want to ween myself down. I finally met someone after 5 yrs of being on my own raising my daughter and this is the first man I really want to settle down with. I’m so frustrated and I just need advice on what I should do. I want off subs but I dont want to relapse but now I have support with my guy that I never had before from anyone at all. Maybe I can try half and see how I feel and slowly take it down from there??? I dont know. And I never looked for help or advice by anyone including professionals. Im the type to do it on my own cause thats the only way I know. Never counseling or programs. Please any advice. I dont want to relapse but I am so frustrated I’m about to just slowly stop now, little by little. Thank you. That actually made me feel better to just talk but unfortunately talking doesn’t help reaching orgasm. I’d rather forget about sex all together cause whats the point but I want my man to stick by me through this.

Thank you,
JW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi JW and welcome,

If you are having trouble with orgasm you may just want to reduce the dose a bit.

I am on 4mg sub and have no sexual issues at all. You could try 6mg and see how it goes.

I would encourage you to talk with your doctor about this though. I know it is hard to open up but recovery is difficult to do alone. This is a great forum with lots of helpful people but face to face contact can help so much. How is the rest of your life going since you started sub?

Like I said, welcome! Feel free to post any more questions you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For me that was the only side effect of suboxone- unfortunately it's a big one... I think if you're careful (which it sounds like you are) you could definitely give tapering down a shot... Maybe this new romance is the spark you need to get completely off the subs? safely of course.. You never know.. Orange Doll said it was around 4 mg & lower that this side effect went away- everyone's different. For me it wasn't until I got below 2 MG's. all you can do is give it a shot. With the support of your new man and the extra motivation to make it work I think you'll be fine.