It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Things didn't go good!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

They wouldn't give me suboxone! Said I still have opiates in my system! Did give me clonidine 0.1 mg. patch! It hasn't help me yet! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I begged them, still didn't do any good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHAT?! OH my! Did they schedule you to come back soon - like later today? Oh honey, I'm so sorry this is going so wrong. Hopefully that patch will kick in soon and help you out. Please continue to keep us posted. Gosh I'm so sorry you're going through this. :(

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Scheduled me to come back Thurs., said they would call me tomorrow and see how I was doing! (Mighty Nice of them) huh?
The clonidine hasn't kicked in yet, but the way I read about it is a low dose!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WTF??

They didn't give you any Suboxone because you still have opiates in your system?? I assume they did a pee test.....well, a pee test is gonna show opiates in your system for up to three days!! WTH is wrong with them??

NAABT (National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment) suggest a score of 15 on the COWS scale to start Suboxone.

Man, I'm just at a loss for what you doctor is thinking? When did they tell you to come back??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THURSDAY!!!!?????????????

Oh Darlene, I'm so sorry I suggested that it was OK to take that Hydro yesterday. I had no idea your doctor was gonna induce you on Suboxone based on a pee test?? I have NEVER heard of a doctor doing that before.....NEVER!!!

Here's the link to the NAABT site where I said they recommend a score of 15 on the COWS scale. You'll have to scroll down past the COWS sheet and read.

http://www.naabt.org/documents/COWS_ind ... _sheet.pdf

I wonder if you mentioning this to your doctor will help??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I doubt anything will change their minds! I begged them, I told them about my w/d level on the COWLS. Did no good!
And as far as you suggesting I take the hydro, I would have taken it anyway, I was in so much pain! So don't think that you made me take it! I asked for your opinion! Just hoping the clonidine will start helping me! Thanks for your Support!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHAT! you do not have to be opiate free, just in withdrawl. When I was induced my Dr. told me that I was supposed to pee dirty. I am so so sorry, your Dr. Is an idiot! I have never heard of such a thing happening ever! Maybe you can start calling other sub docs in your area and tell them what just happened to you and beg them to help. You never know, there might be one that has an opening or feels for you enough to let you come in on such short notice. I have been at my docs when he has received desperate phone calls and he finds ways to fit then in to help them.

I am just speechless, this the dumbest most cruel thing I have ever heard! The above advice is all I can think to give, there has to be a compassionate Dr out there somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

trailchick wrote:
They wouldn't give me suboxone! Said I still have opiates in my system! Did give me clonidine 0.1 mg. patch! It hasn't help me yet! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I begged them, still didn't do any good!

Hi, trailchick- I am SO sorry that they did not give you any Suboxone!
I think it is ABSURD that the doctor did not give you what you really needed.

In my almost 7 years of Suboxone treatment- with 3 short-lived slips/relapses-
I pissed "dirty" all 3 times- including induction, and I STILL got my Suboxone
prescribed to me on that same day. I just don't know what they are thinking.
(Or maybe they AREN'T.)

Hang in there- I know it is difficult-
but it WILL be worth it, in the end.
Good Luck!

-ex-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

exorphin wrote:
trailchick wrote:

Hi, trailchick- I am SO sorry that they did not give you any Suboxone!
I think it is ABSURD that the doctor did not give you what you really needed.

In my almost 7 years of Suboxone treatment- with 3 short-lived slips/relapses-
I pissed "dirty" all 3 times- including induction, and I STILL got my Suboxone
prescribed to me on that same day. I just don't know what they are thinking.
(Or maybe they AREN'T.)

Hang in there- I know it is difficult-
but it WILL be worth it, in the end.
Good Luck!

-ex-

That is what I am saying, you are an addict and supposed to pee dirty. That is the whole reason you are getting on sub. You would think the opposite would be true, that if you pee'd clean they would hesitate to prescribe sub in case you were not dependant on opiates and were just trying to get a sub script. I am so sorry and know you feel horrible, if you tell me the area you live in I will start calling drs and see if I can get one to see you. This is just ridiculous and horrible. That Dr should be absolutely ashamed of himself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Trailchick
I'm thinking about you and what your going through Praying that you can find another docter before Thursday. Surely thier is a doctor that will not be so cruel. it is terrible that they are doing this. Please hang in there!!!! Prayer's your way sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Everyone, I seem to be making it somehow! The Clonedine did nothing but make me more restless! Sorry I haven't replied, but I had to go to work (feeling like this)! But I really think that was better than me being here at home thinking about how bad I feel! Just Prayer I think is going to get me through this so if you all would say a prayer for me it would be greatly appreciated! I got me a 18 oz Miller Lite, took me a zanaflex and I am praying for rest, sleep, something that will make me feel better! I would love to go to another Dr. because the one I am seeing is an idiot, but I probably would have to get my ins. to approve it before I could and there is no telling how long that will take. So I guess I will try to hold on till Thurs. 8 a.m. and get the suboxone. Then try to get into a more compassionate Dr. I am not really good when it comes to talking to Dr.s so I probably am doing myself an injustice. But I tried! I am feeling all the symptoms of W/D, but I am not vomiting, my bowels are a little loose. At times I do sweat, but not alot. My blood pressure was pretty high this morn. but I haven't taking it since I got home from work! I will do that though! I sure can't rest, that is why I got me a beer and took me some muscle relaxer, praying for rest! My eyes are very dilated, to the point that it embarrases me! Sorry if the spelling is wrong with that! I am so restless, it is really hard for me to sit in one spot for very long, it is hard for me to sit here and type. So if I don't get back to you all right away that is why!! But know this I do appreciate you all!!!!!!! Darlene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had my appointment today and was telling my Dr about you and he said to call you and have you come to his office and he would get you on sub, he didnt realize you were in another state. I wish you were in AZ cause my Dr. is really good. You are right in that you need to switch drs after you get your script. I wish you didn't have insurance issues so you could call around and find a Dr that's worth a shit. I hope you are doing ok, I just can't stop thinking about you, I am so mad that you are suffering needlessly. Whats worse if you were a weaker person or were not 100% sure you wanted to get in recovery this Drs actions could have made you say screw it and decide to keep taking pills. I commend you for your strength, stay determined and you will get thru this. I can't imagine what I would have done if I was told I had to wait 2 more days, I would have snapped and I don't know that I would have been as strong as you. I know I don't really know you but I am very proud of you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi trailchick,

Just checking in to see if you had an update. Are you going to the doctor today?? How are you doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I would love to hear from you. I hope you were able to get induced today.

Post subject: Hallelujiah!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just got home, I feel 100% better! Just don't know how I managed to make it through the Hell I have been thru Since Monday!
I have just a min. before I have to leave for work, I just wanted to let you know that I was feeling much better now! I will post more a little later! Thanks for being here for me! Darlene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi trailchick!

So glad to hear that you are feeling so much better, now!

I look forward to hearing about your induction experience,
IF you care to share it.

Congratulations on getting on Subs!

I know that Sub treatment has helped to stabilize me.

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank Goodness you made it!! I still can't believe your doctor had you wait so long, good thing I don't know where he is or I'd walk up to him and kick him in the crotch!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I 2nd that!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Trailchick,
So very happy you made it WHOW!!!!!! You are one tough cookie!!!!! Really don't know if I could have done it But you did and Hooray to you!!!!!
Just want to say everytime I thought about you it was like I could not breath. I could not believe a doctor could be so hateful to do that to people But I bet the minute the subs took affect it was a HUGE relieve, I know it was for me and I was just beginning wd's.
Just can not understand how these doc are so different.
So Happy that your on your way to recovery.
I'm on my 3 week and have to say It is the best thing I've done. My mom and uncle live across the street and are still chasing pills and It does not bother me I guess I was ready to change. I see them and think Thank YOU JESUS !!!!
I dont miss it at all. Subs give me what I've been looking for Pain relieve, stops wd's and cravings.
Welcome to the beginning of a new life and I hope it helps you as much as it helps me

Happy for you,
Mel :D

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am so sorry, that I haven't got to reply since Thursday! I have been out of town since Friday, and was not around a computer!
I just wanted to Thank You All! My induction went ok, they gave me 2mg every 15 to 20 mins. until I was feeling lots better! It ended up being at 10 mg, I felt so much better! Still don't know how I made it through it! The 10 mg was ok Thursday, Friday, it felt like it might be to much! So Sat. I only took 6 mg. and did ok. Sunday I also took 6 mg and was still ok. Today I took 6 mg and about 4 hours I didn't feel like it was working as well. So I took another 1 mg. and felt better. Seems like if I take 10 mg I get really ancy! And it is hard for me to sleep at night! I really haven't craved pain pills, but seems like if I just take the 6 mg. after a few hours feels like I need more! Guess it will just take me time to figure out how much it will take. I don't know!
My next step is going to be to try to find another Dr. I am still so pissed off the way that they did me! Romeo and Breezy_Anne I feel like kicking them in the crotch. :evil:
Thanks Again for all the concern that you all showed for me! You all are Great People!
Darlene

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next