It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NEW TO THIS FORUM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]

HELLO, I'm Darkeyes and I'm new to this forum, I still cannot find my way around, so if anyone can help me :?: find my way around I would appreciate it so very much. The main forum, I have been on sub for over a year, made the transition from methadone and glad I did. I need help finding my way around.

Thanks so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Darkeyes and welcome to the forum. It's always good to meet another person who has been helped by suboxone. I'll try to assist you in getting around the forum. At the top of every page in the upper left hand corner it says "Index". That will take you to the main page. From there you will see a long list of different topics, from introductions to stopping suboxone to miscellaneous and everything in between. If you click on one of the topics it will take you to a page of all of posts in that section. Just click on the thread that you want to read. After all the posts/responses, you can go to the bottom and click on "post reply" to add your post. I hope this helps. Again, welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Hey Darkeyes ........
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:59 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you feel like it tell us how your relationship with Suboxone is going ..............

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello darkeyes and welcome. I had kinda a hard time finding my way here too. I still miss things sometimes. I just clicked around and read everything that is of interest, and gradually by doing that I learned my way around here. Congratulations on your recovery!

~Rossma

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[b]

Hello everyone that answered and thank you, I was so confused. A little about myself. I was on methadone for years but not abusing it. It seemd as tho the cycle didn't change though. Running to the clinic everyday even on Christmas, I had enough. I have been an advocate for patients for years and work closely with the State Methadone Authority in Pa. I let the patient choose which treatment is best for them. But I try and sway them to sub. What happened with me was a technical glitch I like to call it. I could have had it stopped but I wanted out of the methadone cycle so badly that I let them stop the detox at 110mgs. After weeks of hell I found a doctor that would see me right away, and to this day I stll don't know how I got the energy to get to his office. He took one look at me and dosed me with 16mgs and that was a year and two months ago. I'm me again. And I have another health issue that is terminal so thinking about a taper right now is out of the question. I have two beautiful grandsons, Nicholas and Antonio (nice Irish names huh?). :D [font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] I was born in Italy, hold dual citizinship, and my aunts still live in the house where I was born. I pay the taxes from a fund my father set up by AMEX, years ago I had to travel there but with my health it's just to long of a trip now. I taught my five year old grandson how to speak Italian, Enough. :) Now I will try to find the main forum, and do some reading. I still consider myself a newbie to this medication, but at least we know that we have a chronic disease that can and is beigh treated with medication. Thank you all again. Oh, do you have a spell check?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks so much for sharing more of your story. It sounds like you're doing much better since you transitioned from methadone to sub. I'm so sorry to hear about your terminal diagnosis. Of course I understand why you would have no interest in tapering. Suboxone really really does contribute to our quality of life, doesn't it?

With regard to spell check, you can set your web browser to spell check anytime you type on any page. If you're using Firefox, go to Tools and then Options. Click on the Advanced tab and then another sub-tab that says General. From there you can click a box that says "check spelling as you type". I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] [b]
Ihave IE spell options, duhhhhhhh. I am going to read the chat announcments. I'd like to get to know people better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi. I am new to this. I dont know if this is the appropriate place to post this or not but here goes...
I am 35 and have been taking pain pills for the last 3-4 years. I dont know when I became addicted to them, I just did. I have used Meth, Pot, alcohol, but my drug is defiantly pills. I am up to takingas many as 10-12 Hydrocordone 10/325s a day now. Recently I started taking 2 Oxy 20's a day when dont have the hydro's.I am calling tomarow to reach a doctor in my area for the Subutex. I dont know what does i should take or if thisdrug will completely eliminate my w/d symptoms but ANYTHING is better than what I felt the last time I tried to quit! Any advice?? Can you take it with xanax, as precribed of cource, or muscel relaxers? Or maybe I wont even need them with this?? Has anyone takenVivitrol or tropirimate also?? Any suggestions or help would be great!

Im very scared about quiting tomarow..
Thanks, Melissa357

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 pm Download
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, Just found out that with my insurance, a 30 day supply or whatever of Sub boxone is $107. Does anyone know of any help to pay for this??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Melissa -

I moved one of your other posts that was the same as this one to your own thread. It's called "New-scared to quit". I replied to you over there.

As it relates to insurance, unfortunately not all sub doctors take insurance. So if you can find a doctor that does take it, that's great. There is a patient assistance program but it's for people who have no insurance.

Anywho...See you on the other thread! :D