It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Greetings all. Forgive my computer illiteracy. I started Suboxone today, 8/2mg 2 tabs daily for a pain management program. Prior to this I was on 10 mg Morphine sa twice a day for pain and Codeine 30mg every 4 hours as needed to attempt to control chronic diarrhea. As a result of service related cancer, Ive lost the prostate, bladder, have a neo bladder and have had two colon resection operations which have left me with permanent GI bleed, chronic pain, along with other urinary problems.

As part of their treatment the VA sent me to a private pain clinic which prescribed the above Suboxone. The VA filled the prescription even though their formulary rules advise not to fill for pain management. As you suppose, I am leary about it's success after reading numerous postings and formats about it's use for pain. Anyway at this point in my life, I am willing to try anything to minimize my pain and improve my quality of life.

Any feedback or experience anyone has had or would like to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Post subject: Welcome :-)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, Jon- and welcome to this forum. :)

Sorry to hear about all of your chronic pain and medical issues.
And- FWIW- thank you for your service, too.

My brother was in the service for several years- and he got hurt while performing
service-related duties- but not to the extent that you are. Well, he got hooked on
pain pills after a few years; and he did try Suboxone- but he did not like all of the
"hoops" he had to jump thru/ the "red tape" that he had t o deal with- with the VA-
regarding getting his subs. So he just went off of the sub; but I do think he still takes
Ultram for his pain sometimes...

Anyway, I really do hope that you get some pain relief from your Suboxone. I do
know of several ppl on here who do take it for pain control; so, maybe they will come
along and give you some of their experiences with that.

I do know that Sub did help my post-op pain recently- after getting my gall bladder
out- a lot better than the hydrocodone/acetaminophen that the surgeon had given me.
(I have a thread on that on here- under the section "Surgery and Suboxone"- I believe.)

Well, thanks for reading this- and good luck!

-ex-