It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm in my early 30's a stay at home mom of 4, my husband works loooong hours so I'm alone quite a bit. Looking in here for some answers and support. I've used lot tabs for a few years. The last 6 months I went through some problems emotionally and used them as an anti depressant. I loved the euphoric feeling I get from them. Ive taken about 10, 10 mgs a day. They are in my mind 24/7, I've lied to get them and spent WAY too much money to get them. I have a history of depression and when I've tried to stop on my own, or just when I couldn't get them I get really depressed. Not where I want to kill myself, but very hopeless feeling, irritable with my kids. I also experience what feels like restless leg syndrome, sweats and sleeplessness. Ive only not had the pills for 3-4 days so I'm not sure how long those symptoms would last when I actually quit. But I'm there! I want to quit, I want to feel "normal" I want to be me again! I have a dr appt. tomorrow to start suboxone. He told me to take my last lortab 8 hours before the appt. as I've been reading I see 24 would be a better option, should I reschedule for the next day? Also I don't want to be addicted to another pill, what would be a good dosage? I'm thing 2mg per day. I don't want a lot, just enough to help me get through the WD. I also want to only take them for a short, short time. I was thinking 2 months. Would that be too long? I want to also get some antidepressant. I figured they take about 6 weeks to start working. I'd like to try Wellbutrin, since I also smoke cigs it's supposed to help you stop them also. I want to get healthy one way or another! Anxiety is an issue too, but it seems most anti anxiety drugs are very addicting. What could help with the anxiousness? Maybe trying fish oil, vitamins, melatonin would also help? I'm wanting to do this a easily as possible so I don't want to relapse. Any I formation, thoughts and advise is welcome!!! Thank you in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Riley,

Welcome to the forum!!

If your doctor's appointment is tomorrow to start Suboxone, I don't think you have to re-schedule, just stop taking the Lortabs now. It's not so much how long you've been between taking your last Lortab and starting Suboxone, it's more of how shitty you feel when you get on Suboxone.

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

That's a link to the COWS (Clinical Opiate Withdraw Scale), it helps you measure the severity of your wd so you know if you're ready for Suboxone yet. If you stop your Lortab now, I'm 99% sure you'll be ready for tomorrow, even if your appointment is in the morning, but go by the COWS to be sure.

2mg of Suboxone may be enough for you, it may not be. It's extremely hard to tell upfront how much you're gonna need. If you can, just start out low and go from there.

Wellbutrin is a good anti-depressant that works much faster than other AD's, but since Suboxone is also an opiate (albeit a partial agonist), many people get anti-depressant like effects from it too.

As for the anxiety, once I started exercising and getting healthy, a lot of that went away. Addiction is a disorder of the brain. Getting healthy physically, mentally and spiritually really does a lot to help us get better.

Have you considered seeing an addiction counselor? Suboxone is a great way to halt a good portion of your addiction, but it's really only one piece of the puzzle, IMO.

Good luck and I hope your induction goes nice and smooth tomorrow!

Post subject: good for you !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey 555 ... you are on the right path by asking for help. Huge first step that you won't regret. I agree with Romeo (as i do most of the time) ... that 2mg should be enough. Chances are your Dr will do 16 mg to start which I personally think is one size fits all "wrong" approach. Please google robert_325 for what I consider a must read for ALL new to sub therapy.
Please go your research ... sub is a powerful and VERY affective alternative if dosed properly from the start.
It is an opiate replacement however ... as such must be eventually detoxed off later when you are better deal with reality of being clean. It is not easy to jump from but most ... myself included ... believe it to be a life saver.
educate ... plan ... execute
You are doing the right thing ... just do it the right way !
be well ... live well

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Riley!

I was hooked on tabs for a very long time once, they took control over me and I just wanted more and more of them for my cp.

I read your post and sounds like you have already got some great replies!

You mentioned anxiety and not wanting hooked on drugs used for it, I have heard of people having relief with their anxiety using a drung called Vistoril, it is like an antihistamine, and from what I have read is not very addictive as benzos, but helps many with anxiety, it sure helped my girl friend. She said it helped her starting with first day she started taking them.

Another medicine used for anxiety is Buspar, I have heard it is much less addictive than any of the benzodiazepines like xanax, etc..
Reportedly buspar, can take a week of two to start really helping wih anxiety.

Meditation reportedly helps many with anxiety, I hope you find what works for you! :D

Maybe you could Google search about these two and see if it may work for you, and you could talk to your doctor about your anxiety and by reading about different anxiety medicines you will know more about the medicines when talking to your doctor tomorrow.

I hope you feel better when you start the suboxone, it has saved many peoples lives.

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went from 24mg of methadone to 12 mg of subutex which is basically the same as suboxone. I would suggest going a full day without pills just so you don't deal with any unnecessary withdraw from kicking all the full agonist off your receptors in your brain. Being I'm a little withdraw from your tabs will really help the switch to sub for you. I've seen somebody get a little sick from switching to soon. If they will let you do generic subutex for a week that would totally prevent that. You will like the switch. IMHO