It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 25 years old and been on suboxone for around 2.4 years. I take 8mg 3 times a day, and yes, I know that is a VERY high dose, and am in the process of bringing myself down to around 8. Before suboxone, I was addicted to mainly opiods, all types, except I never tried Fentanyl. From what I have heard, I am glad I didnt. I was a polydrug abuser, and absolutely LOVED the synergestic/potentiated high that opiods and benzodiazepines could bring about. I eventually got to the point where I would take incredibly high doses of any opiod/opiate I could get my hands on. Even things that could just barely tickle that mu receptor like tramadol and darvocet. As long as I had every mu receptor in my brain filled and all the GABA I could inhibit inhibited, I was A OK! Well, I was in college at the time and had finally hit my bottom. I had a full ride and lost it. I had a 4.0 and flunked an entire semester, when I could have withdrew and saved my chances at getting into medical school (which I still do have a chance now, I have returned to school and have a BS in Molecular Biology now, just waiting to take the MCAT). I had friends and lost them all, 2 of them to death from this disease. I was in a band with my best friends from high school and lost that. I know these things CANNOT COMPARE to some of you other brothers and sisters losses, but they meant everything to me. I also realize that what I called my "bottom" is not my bottom... and I still have alot further to fall if I chose to take that leap. So anyways, like I said, I have a BS in Molecular Biology, and plan to attend Medical School as soon as they will take me. I plan on using my story of battling addiction to help me achieve my goals as a physician: I want to be EXACTLY like the Sub Doc. I have read EVERYTHING he has written, and I am in TOTAL AGREEMENT with all he says about bupe. I want to go on and become a nuerologist, go into research and look at membrane recepters, mainly the onces concerned with opiods, and eventually come back and teach. I am kindof a know-it-all, so if I come off that way, dont be offended. Besides, most the time I am right anyways 8) Typical addict narcissism! I look forward to hearing from each one of you, and if the Doc reads this, I have some very interesting ideas about Suboxone as a maintenance drug for a different class of drugs. I may try to contact him myself, is there a way to do so? Thanks for listening to my ramblings and I wish you all the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Orangedaggar and welcome. I'm glad you were able to salvage your college career and still have a shot at med school. It's true that we really need more recovering addict doctors helping addicts, instead of clueless docs who write out scripts and have zero insight into the disease. You can contact Dr. J on his website suboxonetalkzone.com. Good luck on your ambitions as well as your continued recovery,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you, and nice to meet you!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Orange Dagger, and welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing you around.

-Jack Kornfield