It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, I just found this site and am I glad! I have been on Suboxone for 5 months now and it is working great for me. I do have alot of questions for some of you who know alot about it. I will find the right place on the site for the questions.
We own a Hunting guide service for 15 years now and we are getting ready to start our season up for the year on August 1st. Once our season starts I have alot of stress so it will be the test for me on Suboxone. We also breed snakes and lisards for a living. Boas ,pythons and Bearded Dragons.
I was never into drugs but was in an ATV accident and broke a vertabrae. They put me on Oxy and for 2 years I couldn't get off no matter how hard I tried. Finally after I went to the ER for an overdose the doctor told me about Suboxone. The problem we found was that we couldn't find a doctor close that didn't already have 100 people already. We found some out of town that wanted up to $3800 for the program. I finally settled on a doctor 120 miles away that only charges me $105 per visit once a month. She is great and this drug is great also. My biggest concern is when I am finally weaned off of it ,how I will deal with the back pain I will still have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is a good question, and one you should probably talk over with a pain doctor.Be honest and don't be in a hurry to get off the Suboxone if it is helping improve your quality of life!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey,
great that you found a doc who charges a reasonable amount. Sorry about the 120 miles though.
I have been on Suboxone for 6 years now. The reason I got addicted to pain killers was also due to an auto accident where I fractured numerous vertebrae. I was in so much agony for the first few years, from the sciatica pain.
But the pain seened to go away after then. Because there were times when I was off the suboxone for substantial amounts of time and I did not feel the pain anymore. But however I was very addicted to the suboxone so I went backon it.
Good luck to you.