It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Times New Roman][i]Hello all! And especially a big hello and thank you to Dr Junig. I've found your website, forum and blogs very useful in my recovery. I've been on suboxone for two years now and am slowly tapering off(AT MY OWN PACE). The first time I tried suboxone was very brief(only for 3 months) and relapsed shortly after getting off of it, because all I did was take the suboxone and didn't change anything else other than take the drug. When I started suboxone the second time, I was completely miserable and was physically dependent on opiates for twelve years. I had tried it on my own for so long, and was completely unsuccessful, that i decided it was time to see a Dr and get on the suboxone again, this time for an indefinite period. The moment I took it, it felt like I has woken up from a really bad dream that I had been stuck in for many years! The Dr. suggested that I try out some counseling and meetings since I failed to do that the first time I was on suboxone. The meetings help me with the spiritual malady of addiction and the suboxone helps the physical part of the addiction. I can honestly say that today I am the happiest I have ever been in my life! And I owe it all to God, suboxone, all the supportive websites out there like this one and my Dr. I feel very confident in my recovery this time around and I try to help other addicts every time I get the chance. I look forward to becoming a member of this forum.[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:33 pm 
Hello Gratefully! Thank you so much for joining the forum and posting a little bit of your story. It's great to hear from someone who is on Suboxone and has done all the other necessary things to ensure a long term recovery from active addiction. Sounds like you learned the hard way that Sub alone for a short period of time isn't enough. Good for you that you gave it another shot and did things differently this time. Good luck with your taper - from all I've read, slow is the way to go!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the site, I hope to communicate with another happy person soon!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome Gratefully. Your story and mine are quite similar in that I am also on my second go around with Suboxone. We all need to understand what we did/do wrong in recovery and learn from our mistakes. Wish up the best and hope we all stay on course.