It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi all,
I was doing some research online and stumbled onto some of Dr. J's videos about suboxone. I think it is wonderful that he put this website together, and I would like to thank him. I find this venue to be much more informative than other places I have looked. I am currently on 10mg buprenorphine and 2mg of naloxone a day. I started on 16mg a year ago. I was hoping to find a support network of people who are on this medicine and find some support in my journey to come off within the next year. I was addicted to pain pill opiates for most of my life.
Thank you! Sherah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi sherah & Welcome to the forum! I was also addicted to pain pills and my life got pretty messed up, starting sub has helped me get grounded and repair some relationships. I have also found good pain relief with bupe.

Do you have pain? Has the sub covered your pain well?

Again, Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Sherah,

I'm glad you stumbled upon our forum. We try very hard to make this place a judgment free zone for people to get support during their treatment with buprenorphine. Most of us are addicts, just like you. You can find info on just about anything bupe related here, including help and advice for how to taper when you decide the time is right for you.

Welcome aboard!

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:38 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the welcomes! :) Tiki to answer your question I don't have any pain issues besides the normal everyday wear and tear. The reason I started taking pain pills was to relieve my anxiety mostly, that and I loved the warm cozy feeling they gave me. I am a massage therapist and toward the end of my addiction, and my career I was taking the pills for pain from over working my body and relaxation. I think the pills were actually amplifying any pain I had mentally and physically. Suboxone has been a life saver for me too. My cravings are gone and it helped me start putting the pieces back together in my life. Lately though I think it has been weighing me down a bit. These things are a concern and I will talk more about later in a different forum. My end goal is to be medicine free by this time next year. I am hoping this place will be my rock for the duration and beyond. Thanks for your support.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 pm 

Welcome Sherah :)

It seems u know what ur head is telling u and if it says u could be ready to come off subs, I totally support that. I'm assuming that's how I will know when my time comes....if it ever does. Its been a few yrs now and I'm still not ready. I'm all for life if I need to and if I feel like I need to stop then I'm good with that also. So I think ur doing what's right for u. I'm glad u found us here. Its really cool to have a group of ppl who support and know exactly how ur feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:26 pm 

Hi Sherah and welcome to our forum! We would be happy to provide support during your recovery journey.

We're made up of people who are thinking of starting a bupe product, all the way to folks who have been off bupe products for months to years.

It can be daunting to think of tapering and stepping off, but we've had lots of people here describe their process of doing so. The people who are most successful seem to be folks that have really changed their lives during their time on sub, but are feeling an internal pull to get off of all medications. They take their time tapering and step off when they're ready. I wish you well on your journey!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:04 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome, Sherah!
Congrats for caring enough about your recovery to join the forum! I am so impressed by the number of people here who truly want a better life for themselves. Take that, stigma! If you ever have any questions feel free to start a thread, people are more than helpful here, and most definitely some of the most knowledgeable and compassionate souls you will ever find.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sherah,
I really like your Avatar. welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:39 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! :)