It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey, how is everybody doing, I was looking for a good forum to talk with other people who have been struggling with addiction. It has been a problem in my life on and off for a while now and thought it would be good for me to finally start and talk about it. I was using drugs such as marijuana and alcohol on a consistent basis since I was 16 with other street drugs on an occasion basis such as pills, cocaine, ex. When I was 18 I was clean after going to rehab and stayed clean until I was 23, I was a very productive receiving a associates degree and almost completing getting my bachelors in electrical engineering. At that point I broke up with my girlfriends after I was in relationship for 5 years and put me back to my occasion usage of pot and alcohol. I controlled it for a couple of years until about a year and a half ago graduating to the life of a heroin addict. The first time I put a needle in my arm it was euphoria and love at first sight. I was able to control it for a little bit until I was addicted and my life started receding, I was depressed miserable and powerless trying to stop multiple times with no success. My life was completely unmanageable and I was in the worst shape of my life ever, I needed help at that help and told my family about the situation and were understanding. After doing some research I went on suboxone and could finally manage and get my life under control. It probably saved my life and am glad I had something to help my addiction with a clean head. My doctor gave me the impression I would always need to be on it, but after a little bit concluded he really did not know much about addiction and told me to attend NA meetings. This is the time where I realized I was ready to take the jump without suboxone. I started tapering down 2 weeks ago from 12 mg and to be honest has not been all that bad. The toughest part to deal with from recovering from opiates is the stomach problems and immense pain it puts you through when altering dosages. Imodium helped that problem being conscious of the problem of getting addicted to that so I take with when I change the first day which seems to be te only day I have problems. I am at 4mg now must admit that I am starting to see things clearer and feeling a bit more normal if that is how I can compare it. Good luck to everyone with this disease of addiction and my prayers go out to everyone suffering. Subs definitely saved my life though, and am happy I had something to help me out in dire needs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm glad sub helped you so much - it's always good to hear another positive story. And I'm glad your doctor has been honest with you and is being supportive of you tapering off. The best thing I could say to you about tapering is that some say it gets harder under 4 mg (not to scare you, just to prepare you) and that it's usually thought best to taper really slow and get really low. The lower and slower you go the less withdrawals you will have. Dr. Junig recommends 10% drops. Hang in there and good luck to you in your taper. Again, welcome and I hope you stick around.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

look at my post on the top of the forum. long time addict to subs to clean for 4 days.
dont even know if you are there yet but hope it helps
JERSEYADDICT