It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi i'm new!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font][font=Arial Black] [/font] Hi guys! My name is Matt, I have been on Suboxone for about 16 months, used to take 24 mg a day and now i'm down to 15 mg a day. I shot heroin for 3 1/2 years I also smoked crack often (really I have a problem with all drugs and have tried almost all but heroin and crack were the worst), I have O.Ded twice and ended up in the ER with narcan and all that.. I'm 21 years old, I recently moved from my home of 19 years (Chicago), I skateboard and I was sponsored for a couple years back home. Since I have moved I have had a pretty tough time in certain areas. Career wise its been great, but a VERY close friend of mine hung herself and my other best friend is in jail for parole violation :(. I also haven't seen all my old friends for a while and they were like family, always there for me even while i was using. I have problems with my mom, she is a Benzo addict and alcoholic. My biggest problems are my legal problems... I have a D.U.I, two heroin PCS over 1 gram each, no insurance ticket, multiple speeding tickets, driving on suspended license, and a misdemeanor for a needle and a spoon.. The good news is I have been clean for about 17 months :) and I have really jump started my career, making decent money for my age, I get along with my dad and sister and my dads side of the family! I have made some good friends down here and as embarrassed as I am to say this I have to go to counseling for my D.U.I. and it has actually helped a lot.. (never thought i would end up there LOL) I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone! *sigh* Wow that was a lot to type out and it really is the first time I ever have :/ I don't really know why I am, to be honest haha I'm just looking for a place to talk to people I can relate too! I also apologize if punctuation isn't perfect, I typed this pretty fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Matt. Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here, about a month or so. I've found that there are some really great people here, always willing to listen and give advice if needed, or just share their own experiences. If you ever have any questions, there's usually someone who can help you out. Seems like you've been through a lot! But congrats on the 17 months clean. That's awesome! Anyway, just wanted to say hello and hope to hear more from you :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Its a great place of support. I am glad that you have chosen to treat your addiction with Suboxone. Its really a lifesaver.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hi matt,

thats awesome about the 16 months clean!! wow, you have been through alot, huh? especially for someone as young as yourself. I got into drugs at a pretty young age as well...started smoking pot around 15 and then drinking occasionally soon followed. I tried other drugs as i got older, but when i tried opiates recreationally around 17ish it was like i found the thing i have been missing my whole life. Im 24 now and have been on suboxone for about 2 years. My mom is also an alcholic.

Thats cool your into skateboarding...ive tried it in the past, but i guess im just not that coordinated LoL. I like watching people that are good though. I was always more of an artsy fartsy type... painting, pottery, guitar.

if you dont mind me asking why are you embarassed to say that counseling has helped you? Or did i understand that part wrong?

well i hope you stick around here...theres alot of great things to learn and most of the people are all really nice.

oh, abd dont worry about punctuation, typos, grammer ect... no one here is gonna bust your chops for any of that..lol i make typos all the time using my phone and typing with my thumbs can be kinda hard to be perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Congratulations on 17 months clean, that's awesome!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 am 

Hello Matt,

This is the grammar police. I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you a ticket for sketchy use of punctuation. Call this number to set up payments for your fine. 1-800-I'm-kidding.

Good to have you here, Matt! You don't have to be embarrassed about seeing a therapist. Most of us have been involved in at least group therapy and/or individual therapy. You're in good company. :)

Amy

Post subject: Hi there
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello to the new guys and to my old friends. This is Queenie, the grandma of the forum. I am70 but that doesn't make me any diffrerent than any of you(grammar included) Mystery, welcome to the forum. Congrats on staying clean so long. That is great. Hey, the only advice I can offer is to try to get over those problems you have and concentrate on staying sober. Stay away from those old friends. Not that you are a traitor, it's just that it could lead to old problems. Try to be understanding of mom because we all have our addictions. Maybe you can get her to try subs. No matter how old we are, we have our problems and I'm sure she has her share so be patient.

You make sure you hang in there and don't let anything mess you up. Not worth it my son. Let us know how you are doing and when you need to vent, just come on in here and pour it out. that's what I do.

All the best and a big hug to you,

Queenie

Post subject: Re: Hi i'm new!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks everyone for replying! You know, I cant really explain why i am embarrassed for going to a shrink, I guess i'm not really its just kind of weird to me lol. I really look forward to getting to know everyone! :D