It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi, New :)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok, I've spent the last 15 minutes writing a dang novel, not an introduction lol I've been lurking for about a week now and finally decided to join. I'm so glad I found this forum!

My name is Abbey and I'm a 28 year old married mama of 3...ages 13, 5 and 3. My addiction started not long after I had my daughter...delivering her really messed my back up. According to the last MRI taken in December, I have degenerative disks, the beginnings of arthritis and a slightly bulging disk. Injections have not helped or if they did, they didn't last long enough to be worth it. I used to be a really active person...I worked out 5 days a week and took figure skating lessons 5 days a week for about 5 years before I had my daughter. The only times I didn't skate was when I was pregnant...I would stop skating almost as soon as I found out and would be back on the ice within weeks of delivery. It was a dream I had since I was a little girl...it was an addiction just like painkillers. The feeling of landing an amazing jump or nailing a spin was addictive as hell. I finally quit skating and working out last summer. Landing a jump feels amazing...botching a jump was incredibly painful and hard on my back.

I'd always fall on my rump and it would usually feel like I rearranged my insides. After I took a really bad fall I finally decided to call it quits. I was attempting a Lutz (my favorite jump) and fell so hard I thought my arm was going to snap and I laid on the ice for minutes afterwards because my stomach hurt so bad. When I finally got up I got off the ice and never went back. I was in the process of learning the Axel (a rotation and a half in the air...ugh, that sounds dreamy lol) and that just wasn't going to fly with my back. Even spinning was hard on my back. I've started working out again at home...I've gained 10 pounds and lost all of my muscle. I'm not worried about the weight (I'm 5'2 and 135), its the muscle that bugs me. I've always been in shape, so to be out of shape is depressing. And thats on top of the depression of addiction.

Anyhow, my husbands friend gave me some films last month and I'm hooked...literally now lol I never knew this amazing drug existed! It helps my pain like nothing has ever done and I'm pissed nobody told me about this before. All those doctors that know my history and nobody ever said a word about suboxone. I pulled some numbers from the 'find a doctor' link and will be making calls tomorrow morning to get my own doctor. I'm worried about telling them I've been taking it illegally but I don't want to lie about it either. Does anyone know if insurance covers it?

So theres my introduction :) I can't wait to get my own scrip for suboxone and I look forward to chatting with everyone. Hope you all are having a great day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Abbey.

Im sorry to hear about all of your hardships, we all have been thru things that are very hard to get over. Life changes whether you want it to, or not.
Im happy suboxone, has worked for you so far. But yes, finding a doctor is def the next step.
You know, its not uncommon for ppl to 'try it out' before spending a bunch of $$ on seeing the doctor. Here, we've had lots of stories about the doctors being totally understanding of taking it w/o a script, at first. I think every doctor is different, but most I would THINK, wouldnt be surprised, LOL

heres a couple links to do doctor searches, if you dont find what your looking for from the list you already have.
www.NAABT.org
https://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioi ... octor.aspx

You will also want to think about maintenance (long term) therapy, or short term. This is one question, you'll want to ask when calling around, since some doctors only believe in short term therapy.
Im on the 'long term' train. for pain issues, and becuase I was pretty 'deep' in my addiction.
opiates, was my 'first love' and it took me about ten years, to want to give it up. well, I tried before ten years of course, but definitely wasnt at the bottom, that I was until a year and half ago. (almost!)

i wish you the best of luck.
theres lots of good information here, this is a great place to get 'schooled' on what your getting yourself into.

welcome :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, Amber, thanks for the welcome. I have an appointment at 3:30 today...1 of the 4 numbers I found worked, but thankfully he's close and hopefully it works out. My husband asked me all weekend 'Did you call anyone?'...I think he's more excited than I am, poor guy lol

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey,

I'm new too. Just started on Suboxone in June !
My life was a mess and I am so happy to be done with that.

Let us know how everything went.
I love this forum ! I've lurked for a long time too and everyone seems really nice and I can't wait to meet people who
are going through what I am !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 pm 

Abbey,

How did your appointment go? I wish you the best!

And Jackie, you're not only not shy, but very pretty. :) I'm glad that you found us!

Amy