It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have been on Suboxone for almost six years for addiction and pain management. I have decided that I need to get off of this due to the side effects. I have been trying to wean slowly and am having the worse withdraws of my life. I am looking for information from those who have managed to get off. I already have a physician on board giving me baclofen, clonidine, ativan, celexa but the withdraw is the worst I have ever been through, been through a lot.
Any help, info would be great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings and welcome, yes WD can be a b**ch. Did you jump or are you tapering? If you do not mind the inquery how much are you/were you on? There are so many things we can do to aid in our comfort. I will help as much as I can. I have tapered to near nothing in 6 months... Still going though. Much luck....& many blessings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm just curious for my own personal reasons because of my Suboxone usage....

Exactly how bad are the side effects at such low levels? Are they life-altering or to the point of being extremely bothersome to everyday activity?

I only ask because when I think about the long-term goals I have for myself, and I myself when I'm going to stop Suboxone..my answer (as it stands now) is sometime between "when I stop breathing" and "death"...

In other words, I don't plan on stopping..maybe, at some point, lowering my dosage..but I'm comfortable where I am, and I'd MUCH rather have that safety net in place and operating than to be free-falling without a parachute and stumble. It's SO damn easy to fall back down and I don't think me or my family could handle it..

Not to mention that I'm not at liberty to test the water just to "see" if I might trip up...so I'm going to just stick with it..

If the worst I have to do is visit a doctor 4 times a year for the rest of my life to get my Suboxone..then so be it...I don't have a problem with that. Insurance and RX coverage helps me cover the financial aspect ...so it's not that bad of a burden.
I'm just curious as to how bad it is when you get to lower doses. For now, i'm staying at my 12-14mg per day until I get finished with my dental activities..after that, I'll probably STILL stay at that on paper, but I'm going to start a stockpile and put some away (I'd like to have a year supply put away if I could figure out a way to store it...or maybe I'll just rotate my stock for fresh as I get current refills or something)..

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ontoolong,

I posted this on another thread, but now I saw this thread and thought I would copy it over for you.

I hear the worry in your voice and I feel for you. My best advice to you is to keep tapering. Laddertipper, she's a member here who tapered off successfully, she hit a lot of rough spots during her taper too. If I remember correctly, she hit some rough spots right around where you're at now, but she kept on pushing forward and she jumped from about .0625mg over 6 months ago now. She experienced almost nothing in the way of acute wd, but she did have some mild PAWS. Laddertipper has a post in the Stopping Suboxone section titled I AM S.T.U.C.K. and I think it would be a good read for you. BTW, she was on Suboxone for 6 years too AND she was on 32mg for a good while!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey! I am new guy too. Hope we will share experiences, information, ideas.