It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: im new
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

can someone help me? I'm new and don't know how to work this forum.

Post subject: Re: im new
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You already are. Most people post a short introduction about themselves. Talk about recovery,medication, problems etc. If you scroll down to the bottom on the forum you find the recent posts. On the talk zone dr. Junig posts his ideas and things of interest. Also feel free to comment on anyones post. Welcome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU Jeandianne. I have read so many of the comments you've left people. You really know your stuff!! I am so greatful for the welcome. I have posted a little here and there just to get the feel of things. I am catching on fine. yall will have to overlook me, LOL, I am so EXCITED to finally be part of this forum. Suboxone is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have been on 16 mgs for 6 months now. Was on pain meds for about 24 yrs well the majority of. Got addicted very early in life. Had a bad car accident when I was 20, and I am 44 now. Umm, lets see. Really didn't care about getting off the pills, but my Dr. got in trouble, he is in jail now, so I had to do something so I went to a Suboxone clinic. Live in Alabama, Roll Tide!, And most of all just feel and have kind of always felt out of place till I found this forum. Oh yea, since being on Suboxone, I have so enjoyed the feeling of not being on a pill, and want to stay this way. Was a bit concerned about all the pain I would experience not being on pain meds, bc I really tore myself up in the car accident, but have been just fine dosing several times a day. I have learned so much since I found this forum. I love yall!! Glad to be where my people are!! FINALLY!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:07 pm 

Well welcome Bamagirl,
Good to have post and join here. This is the place to learn as you know . There are many members here that can give you experience.
Sub saved my life 5years ago and set me on a path of recovery I never knew existed. Jean did bring up a good point that the Talkzone of Dr Junigs is a great place to get hard facts on this medication.

There many subjects there where the average patent on Buprenorphine can learn.

Thanks for your story in the Introduction forum, that is very good place to begin. For me when I found this place in May of 2012 I really did not know much about this treatment. My Drs just didn't and still don't educate. However after spending time reading and asking questions you ll pick up and learn the facts.

Welcome again..

Razor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG!!!! RAZOR!!!!! I feel like I know you already bc I have read so much good advice that you have given to others. I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity or something, this is great! Man, you are such a great modulator! Sooo, found this place in 2012? Been on Suboxone for a little while now. My Dr. doesn't educate much either. I was having some problems with my tongue breaking out bc I take the strips, and I asked my Dr. would it be alright to just take the Suboxone on the inside of my cheek like it says on the back of the strips packaging, DUDE, He was like, "I didn't know someone could take the STRIPS that way?" :shock: Umm, it sais it right there on the package Doc!!! That kind of worries me. LOL Makes me think he may be just doing this just for a short time or what not. I mean, God, I would die if I went to go to the Dr. and like he wasn't there one day or something like that happened! I would find ANOTHER Suboxone Dr, I know that!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:47 am 

I posted on ur other thread Bamagurl....didn't see this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I posted this one first before I got the hang of things. Wasn't quite sure how this forum works but I got it down pat now. Still not sure what the friends thing is all about. I don't see anything like friend request or anything. Idk. But I'm sure I'll learn as I go. Thanks Jenn Jenn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:50 am 

Well thanks for that Bama, I was just a beginner like you back in day. Knowledge is power so
i do hope you indeed read as much as possible, especially in Dr Js Talkzone. Don't get me wroug, id never discount members experience s, they are a tremendous too.

Suboxone is a life saver for sure. I had to also change my people places and things as they say in the 12 step fellowship s. I see where you ditched your useing friends. Good work there, lose there numbers too. Maybe get a new number for yourself.
With suport of family and all of us here your in pretty good shape. Are thinking of counseling or meetings to help you aloug?. It is good to have a face to face with others in the same boat as well..

Roll Tide??? Are you kidding? They ROLL OVER EVERYONE! !! LOL great coach too. He is from my neck of the woods in W.VA..

Peace

Razor .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the advice Razor, I haven't read much in the talk zone, but boy have I read these threads! They are very informative and I like getting everyone's different perspective on the subjects. Yes, I'll be checking into that talk zone a little more. I love football this time of the year, Roll Tide!! Very good coach, wasn't aware he was from W. Virginia. I don't know what it is but I feel so privileged talking to you Razor!!!! Thanks for the comments :D Oh btw, I have done away with my phone so I'm a step ahead of ya on that but no face to face meetings or anything like that yet. I used to cut hair up until 2009 when I got on disability for my legs. Was taking so much pain meds. that I could hardly work, the I got a DUI on the way home and wrecked my car. Always something bad stemming from my pill abuse. So happy to have stumbled up on Suboxone. It's a different world.