It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi im new; from philly
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone!
Im new here but have been reading alot on this forum for weeks.. I decided to sign up because i am desperately seeking suboxone treatment in philly.. I just posted the same question in approx 6 different topics/discussion boards lol.... So i thought id introduce myself incase u see the same crazy person posting the same question everywhere you look.. Anyways, ive taken suboxone a few times but havent been prescribed it.. It works wonders and i am looking to get the proper treatment so i can finally get back to the happy person i once was before i became addicted to opioids. It seems as though it is difficult to find a good reputable doctor that that offers suboxone treatment that doesnt charge an arm and a leg.. I have zero income and have medicaid so it doesnt make this any easier. Any information on doctors and treatment for someone in my position is very much appreciated.. I look forward to chatting with you all.. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Mugsy!

I was in the same position as you, no money, state insurance, and found a place to take me. I live in the Pittsburgh area. I used suboxone.com to find my doctor. Some other people in here may have other suggestions for you too.

Good luck and congrats on wanting to take this next step. Keep posting. There is alot of support here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:59 am 

Hey mugsy and welcome, we're glad u finally signed up!
I haven't came across ur other posts just yet, this is the first I've read so far, but u really only need to post in one place or you'll become confused and so will others lol. If u get answered from several different places, how will u keep up with it all? I'll delete the extra and keep 1, unless another mod has already done it. No biggie at all, just much easier to answer in one place :)

Lori is right, go to the doctor search on this forum or also suboxone.com and that will give u doctors to call and then u can ask them if they take ur insurance.

Since u already know how sub works great, I really hope u can find u a dr and get started. And u will find one I promise, but u can't give up if it gets hard because ur worth it and ur recovery is worth it. Start calling today :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:04 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

HI and welcome! So glad you found this site. I am fairly new to suboxone and this forum is full of wonderful people with great knowledge. The Dr that started this site (Dr. Junig) also has a a site called talk zone which u can access from the top of the forum page. He has lots of articles and even some videos. He is a wonderful Dr that cares about addicts and recovery. He is also an addict so he really understands it all. He has links there too to help locating Dr's. I too have no insurance other than medicare which only pays a small part of the dr visit and have just filed for state insurance. I could not wait though because my addiction was killing me and ruining my life. I went ahead and started out paying out of pocket which is very hard to do I know. I figured I was paying more for my drug of choice (oxy and anything else I could find ) so I went ahead and did it. It's so hard though I know this . I have kids I raise alone and no financial help. I am hoping soon I will get the state insurance. That will relieve a lot of stress. I can tell you that suboxone has saved my life for sure! Well worth the money I pay. I have a long road to go and a lot of work to do but I am so glad I began the journey of recovery. I hope you find a Dr to help u stop active addiction. It's Hell to live in it. Hope you keep posting and let us know how it's going. Take care!

Willow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Willow!

To Mugsy-- I would encourage you to 'run the numbers' on treatment, even if no docs in your area take medicaid. Do an honest calculation of what you spend each day on using, and see how those numbers compare to the cost of treatment. Even if you only spend $20 per day-- which is a small amount for most opioid users-- that amounts to $600 per month! In most states Medicaid covers the cost of medications-- and doctor bills are usually much less than $600 per month. And even if the cost is the same, you will definitely feel better, and be more employable, on buprenorphine compared to agonists.

I realize that the down payment is a challenge, and I don't have a great solution.... except to try to think outside of the box. Do you have a parent or a sibling who doesn't use, who you can trust? if you do, can you give that person $5-$10 each day to hold for you? Take that money off what you are using, and let it build up over time? Or call DVR or a temp company and make some money?

I have known people who have come back from very dire situations... and I wouldn't claim to know how hard it is. But I've seen it done-- and I know it is possible. Just keep pushing-- and keep moving forward. I know that the people using this site are pulling for you.