It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all,
Me again, lol. So I'm on day6 since my induction. I've limited my intake to no more than 2 mgs daily and a lot of the sedation is gone, but I have a new issue, coordination, my fine motor skills, off balanced feeling even when walking. I believe it's neurological in nature. It's like my brain tells my body to do something but the message is delayed or my body doesn't do what it was instructed. Example, typing, my brain says hit the f key but my finger falls just short of it. Also I still have no energy and I'm experiencing a lot of shallow belly breathing when I'm laying down. I don't think it's the dose being too high because I'm on no more than 2 mg and now I am having pain issues so I probably need more, I took lortab 10 for chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis then began abusing it and after years was hooked. Now I'm hurting and don't know what to do cuz of the side effects. Also I have hypothyroidism due to having a complete throidectomy last year. My thyroid is currently low could there be some correlation between my side effects and subutex and the low throid?
As always thank you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tabby,

In an effort to rule out the obvious, have you been taking the klonopin your doctor gave you? If so, that's a sure fire way to have trouble with coordination, balance, etc.. If you haven't been taking it, then I'm just not sure what's going on with you. With other issues present it's definitely possible it could be symptoms from Hypothyroidism. I believe your issue with energy could be from that, it makes sense. I think your best best is to try to work with a good doctor who knows what they're doing. I'm glad to hear the sedation effect is wearing off. Good luck and keep us posted.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No I haven't been taking the klonipine and prior to the subutex my energy was at least existent now it isn't. The motor coordination has me really concerned and puzzled. When I took lortab I never experienced anything like this, I functioned normally no loss of balance or coordination. Since beginning subutex I haven't craved lortab at all but as someone else posted I crave feeling better, being able to clean my house, can anyone relate?
I don't know how good my dr is but he's all I got. I have an apt to see him in the morning. I don't even know what to say to him at this point, I don't want him to say I can't take sub because I really want to be free of my DOC merry go round, thoughts?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:06 pm 

Hi Tabby,

To me, it seems doubtful that the Sub is causing your issues. What other medications are on? Obviously something for your thyroid. Your doctor may not know if the Buprenorphine is the cause. Look up the side effects for your other meds and see what comes up. Fine motor skills is not something we've ever heard before as a side effect of Subutex.

I don't think you'll get much help here with this problem. Your doctor is the one to talk to. And with the small chance it is related to your induction, two weeks is about how it takes for the body to even out. That's just a guess from what I've read here.

Hope you get this figured out. Your symptoms are not one to take lightly. Something is not firing right and it needs to be treated.

rule