It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone out there!
I Have been addicted to painkillers for along time, and was taking oxycontin for the past year, almost 260 mg a day ( sometimes more).
I am not going to go into to much details as to how and why, most of you share the same story as me.
Now I just got out of detox 3 days ago, was in there for 2 weeks, I went threw 48 hours of terriable withdrawels and they slowly started me on suboxone. I now take 20 mg a day, in the morning.
I feel wonderful. I cant even believe waking up and not my first thought being where is my pills.
I am so terrified of those withdrawels that we all so well know!!
I went threw them five times in my addiction period.
Please can someone out there tell me about the withdrawels from suboxone.
Are they as bad as from loratab percacet oxycontin??
I live in Holland and they say no,but I read yes.
I was so proud of my detox,but now im wondering....did I do that all for nothing??
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you so very much[/b]

Post subject: withdrawl minimal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The good thng about suboxone, is you can actually cut down very slowly with very little if any noticeable withdrawl symptoms. It's not at all like the first time you take to much narcotic and you can never go back without feeling like crap. Just be patient and take as long as you need. Good luck...

Post subject: Don't Stress Twinkles!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Twinkies- I can tell from your post that you are pretty stressed out about the whole thing. The only thing I can tell you that might be reassuring is: DON'T STRESS OUT!! The entire "reason" for suboxone maintenance is getting you to become stable DAY-TO-DAY, for a sustained period of time.

The beauty of suboxone is that you can "manage" your life so much better, since you now don't "get sick", "get anxious", "go crazy", "go broke", "go to jail" etc. etc....Waking up in the morning and stressing about- "Okay, where are my pills?!!" is NOW GONE!

And mostly gone forever. It seems you are worried about "life at the end of suboxone; after suboxone"...Well, if you manage your taper well enough- and your management of the taper will be directly related to how well you managed your actual suboxone maintenance- if you were committed, strong, steady, and literally "got your shit together", and didn't just buy time with the whole thing, then DON'T WORRY!

Suboxone does have withdrawals. Get off of it correctly and the miserableness of the whole thing is hardly anything compared to to how miserable coming off the oxy was....

Twink, keep us (or at least me!) informed of how you're doing!

All the above was just my opinion; I hope it made sense! I am not a doctor, I just play one on television! LOL!

Andrew[color=i[/color]ndigo][/color][/color]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

http://www.suboxforum.com/quitting-suboxone-whats-gonna-happen-t86.html#279

Post subject: just a thought
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just a thought. Why do you have to get off suboxone at all if it's working for you. Any doctor that's prescribing suboxone should keep you on it long term if it's working for you. It can take years to actually overcome the desire for opiates, if ever. You'll know when it's the right time, then cut down very, very, very slowly to wean yourself off. You should'nt even notice any withdrawl symptoms if done correctly over a couple month period. By all means, if something is working, why stop using it. Like most other drugs with side effects, they mostly seem to dissipate with time.

Post subject: Don't Stress T
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to second what Andrew said. Relax!

But do "consider" some type of recovery program, AA/NA, Smart, counseling, or as Andrew said, "Get your shit together". That's what you need to think about NOW, not obsessing about coming off sub. And learn all you can about this ugly disease called addiction.

Kilby5.0