It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Like to introduce myself to the Forum and let everyone know I am looking forward to getting clean and sober for the to many to count times. But never took Suboxone until today and got to say I'm felling pretty good actually high. Something I did not want and hope goes away in time. I am a not substituting 1 drug for another I want to clean and happy again. I am a hardcore addict and have been for many many years and on everything but fell this time just to Opiates luckily. I have chronic pain and have had for a long time so this is killing the pain also not completely but enough to make it tolerable. My dose was 16mg and he said it will stay at 16mg since we are using this for pain also. Said they are coming out with a Suboxone patch soon for what Suboxone is for now and Pain. Which would be great for me. I did take 16mg all at once but he told me. tomorrow it will be 1 8mg flim I think that's all I will need. I do not sleep good at all since getting out of the military so I can not take this Film at bedtime maybe at supper time. Hopefully 8mg is all I need like I said I'm not doing this to get high but get clean. Well I'm done rambling on just feel good for the first time in a long long time. now to fix the shit I caused while using.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:36 pm 

Don't worry subjake!! It's not uncommon to feel a little high the first few times you take sub, but your body will get used to sub and then you won't feel the same way. You'll feel "normal"!

Chronic pain patients usually receive the best analgesic effects if they dose 1/4 of their full dose every 6 hours. (In your case that means 4 mg every 6 hours.)

It sounds like your head is in the right place to be successful at suboxone. If you have other questions for us, be sure to ask!

Welcome to the forum!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you Amy-work in progress great name by the way. The splitting up the doses doesn't sound bad. I'm going to probably stay on the 16mg at 1 time until my body gets use to it then go to 8 am and 8 at supper time. And give that a try for several weeks. Then for sure try the Every 6 hour test. Which sounds the best IMO.

Take Care

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:47 pm 

Hi SJ, and welcome to the forum. Amy said just about what I would say too. We have seen pain patients benefit from taking very small doses several times during the day. In Europe, they've been using Buprenorphine for decades in microgram doses just for pain.

There already is a pain patch containing Buprenorphine on the market. It's called a Butrans Patch and comes in 5, 10, & 20 mcg doses. I did the math on the 20 microgram one and it came to just a little over 2 mg's of Bup delivered over a 24 hour period. With me, I could not feel any high or any mental changes with the patch. You could ask your doctor for that once you're stabilized on Suboxone. Actually, it would be best to wait and taper down to a lower level so you won't feel any changes.

When I first took Suboxone I felt really weird. Very hard to describe but I knew it was an opiate. After maybe 2 weeks I didn't feel a thing other than a feeling of well being.

Stick around and read some of the older threads. There is a wealth of knowledge here to be had.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jake,good to have you on the forum there are some great people here that have helped me tremendously since starting..let me first say I know all to well the lack of sleep after time spent in the military.. I dont really know your story but I can tell you there are things I had to do while in the military that seems to Love to come flooding back to my thoughts when its time to close my eyes..I also am a chronic pain patient and had to put off shoulder replacement surgery because of my habit so anyways I have been on suboxone for about 5 weeks and 2 mg 4 times a day is awesome as far as pain goes at least for me although alot of people here say that taking multiple doses is addict behavior I gotta do what works...so good luck brother it has saved my life for real and I know you will be hella happy the longer you go ..keep us up to date

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

alwaysthesame wrote:
I have been on suboxone for about 5 weeks and 2 mg 4 times a day is awesome as far as pain goes at least for me although alot of people here say that taking multiple doses is addict behavior I gotta do what works...

@Always,
I just wanted to point out that dosing multiple times per day is NOT addict behavior if you are using suboxone for pain management. This is what makes it effective for the pain since the pain relieving effects of bupe only last a short time. However, if you aren't a chronic pain patient it is best to dose only once per day. It helps to break the routine of reaching for something every time you need a pick-me-up. You know what I mean. :P

@Jake - Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you here, and I hope you find whatever support you need from our forum.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh I know Q lol I dont even know why I put that statement in there I was only commenting on this particular issue because of the military and pain connection I'm sure he can tell I'm no one important just giving my 2 cents