It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I've been taking prescription pain killers for about 5 years now. Mostly Norco and Lora tabs 10s if I take less than 10 a day I start the mild withdrawals my norm is about 15-20 tabs daily I'm comfortable with this amount. If unable to get a hold of the above meds cause my script usually runs out half way thru the month then I'd turn to what I could find on the street OXYS, OPs, methadone tabs to get me to my next script. After a year of trying to quit on my own with no luck I finally turned to the suboxone treatment program and my first visit was yesterday. Because of my financial situation I was prescribed subutex instead of suboxone. I had been in WD for 21 hours before my apt. I gave the doc the info as mentioned above and also the fact that I had managed to ween down to 6 Norco 10/325s a day for a week in anticipation of trying to quit "again". My Dr recommended I take 3 subutex .8mg daily for 7 days then 2 a day for the following 3 weeks. So after 22hrs in hell I take my first tab and I was not prepared for what followed. I have never felt so high for such a long period of time it has been 26 hrs now since I've taken that first pill. I finally feel like it's wearing off and I'm scared to take another whole tab. I've looked at the COWS chart and I'm confused about how to base a dosage off of it. Can anyone recommend a dosage I should be on based on my history? I got into this program to get clean and what I experienced these last 26 hrs scared me, I feel like I took 2 steps backwards when I'm trying to move forward. Also insomnia is the biggest WD symptom for me that causes me to relapse and last night I got a total of an hour of sleep for the night. Is that normal for subutex? Does it help with the insomnia part of WD? I'm extremely confused at this point and any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:51 pm 

Hey Freebird, weclome.
I had a habit like yours. Inducted on 4mgs, then up to 8mgs the next day, then to 16.

that high feeling will go away once you stablize on the dose thatcworks for you.
Im not a dr, but maybe tomarrow just take 4mgs in the morning, then if cravings hit try another 4 mgs in the late afternoon. For a total of 8mgs in s 24 hour time period.

If sub is taken to late 7n the day or early evening it will keep you up when your first starting induction phase.

Cows scale is for measuring for first induction, not for dosing afterwards. So PW 'S wont happen.

Glad you found this forum, lots of great people here .

Also, I alway direct newcomers to go over to DR JUNIGS TALKZONE, its part of this site. He is the man you thanked earlier in your other post for putting this site togsther back in 2008.
So many information on his blog over there. Lots to read, and this is where I learned so much about this type of recovery, and most importantly the facts and non fiction on Suboxone/ Subutex..

Best of luck, your on your way now.

im over 3 years clean with subs help and this forumsmenbers too..

Keep posting an help is here.

im sure others will come aloug and help you out too..
Takes a little while to vet stable, a d I will say, I think 3 tablet s a day is way to much for you, lmo.
even 2 maybe to much.

razor. ?.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your reply, I only took .4mg today cause of how heavy it hit me yesterday and the life span OMG... Def was not expecting that. So tomorrow I may need a full .8mg tab but I'll see how I feel tomorrow and Def split the pill. Thanks for that advice.

There is a whole lot of misinformation about this med that iI'm finding out the hard way so I'll for sure check out that blog. My sub Dr sat down and told me and my lady yesterday that these pills are opiate free, that they are non narcotic and will not help with pain but only alleviate the withdrawal symptoms plus they're non addictive he said. That was a load of crap...

Today using Google before I found this forum I learned that bupe is used for pain, it's more potent and longer lasting than morphine with the same basic chemical properties as morphine (at least that's what my Google research found) so now I don't know what to believe. Either my Dr is a liar, a complete idiot or just ignorant to what he's giving out. I tend to believe since he's a cash only set up that he's just a liar who wants to keep me a customer as long as can be. Pretty sad we can't even trust the people we turn to for help who swore an oath to take care of us. SO THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HELP WITH OUT OF KINDNESS AND NOT MONITARY GAIN. "THANK YOU"

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 pm 

Hey Free,

ok, so, as you read here more and more, you will find that many people have drs that seem to be off the mark.
its to bad really.
However, there is a shortage of drs who can rx sub.

Im sure you feel lucky to have found the guy. Lol

I look at it this way, my dr rx my med, thats it. Its up to me to learn and find my recovery. My dr is a RB rep, meaning he works for the drug company.
so be it..

Your doc, well like you said, either dosnt know whats up, or dosent care...

Its really on us to find an understanding of all this.
hope your feeling better today. And it does take some time to get stable, so hang in there, ..and keep reading man,..

razor....

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Heya freebird!

So I started suboxone just over 2 weeks ago now. I posted on here what I felt, but unlike you I was too scared to say that I did actually feel really high! And I did - I did actually decrease my dose from 10mgs to 8mgs - I can only take it once a day as I have to do daily pick ups which is pretty annoying but during those first two weeks if I didn't have this forum and all the awesome people on it, along with actually talking to my chemist every day about how I felt - I am not sure if I would have persisted.

I am so glad that I did!!!! Today I feel great, im feeling a little more up about an hour after I take my suboxone like I have read in many of the posts on this site, but im functioning, not spending hours chasing and waiting for street drugs and the money I will save! Wow!

This is a huge and great new beginning for us freebird! I am extremely lucky that I have a doctor now who actually knows about suboxone - in the past I had a doctor continually prescribing me pain medication that he knew I was addicted to - why didn't he suggest suboxone?? I have no idea! I had a doctor who was about to cut me off all of my benzo's (valium and serepax) because I was buying oxy off the street, I freaked out and found a new doctor who said immediately suboxone is the way to go (I freaked out again as it means daily pick ups) - it took me a good month or so to make a decision about whether or not to take it - I googled heaps of stuff about it and this site kept coming up with all of the answers that I was looking for! Why that previous doctor who was cutting me off of my benzo's didn't think of suboxone - or maybe he didn't know about it either? Now im down to 1 5mg tab of valium a day (in your face stupid cutting me off everything doctor man!). And 8mg sub.

I'm stable and really happy. I hope that helps a little bit? So yeah, it does take a while like maybe a week or so for the first real full on highness to go away but after that in my opinion, I believe you will be great!

Good luck mate,

Amanda

Now I have actuall

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi and welcome! I just responded to a similar post in regard to the induction. I've never take Subutex, but my doc way over prescribed my first suboxone dose. He said to take 1 - 8mg strip in tha am & pm, & just 1 8mg strip knocked me on my ass! I was so loaded, and also couldn't sleep and was having these weird muscle spasms and twitches. What I just posted to someone else is to start lower and work your way up til you feel relief. You can always take more, but you can't take it out of your body once it's there. I just want to say too that I'm not a doc, but it's a very common theme from everyone's induction story that they were started at way to high a dose. I don't know the measuring scale for subutex, but as I said, start smaller, wait a while, and then take maybe 1/2 the original dose til you stabilize. Again, this is JUST MY OPINION! Subutex and Suboxone have extremely long half-lives, so the lower dose you can start on, the better.

I'm in the process of tapering down now. I am at .5mg or less per day. Suboxone has definitely helped me take my life back, but now it's time to take it back completely! Keep us posted! This is a great site with lots of awesome people and encouragement! Let us know how it goes...