It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New to Suboxone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font]

I'm new to Suboxone. I just started less than 3 weeks ago at 8mg and now my doc moved me down to 6-4mg depending on how I feel. I used oxycodone & roxi's for almost 3 years straight. Yesterday I got a hold of 5 roxi's and took them last night and today. I now realized that this is no longer the life for me and I'm going right back on my subs as soon as it's possible. But that is my question. When is it ok for me to start taking them again??? Do I need to wait the initial 24 hour period once again? I mean, I was using up to 240mg a day(8-9 roxi's a day) and now didn't take anything near that. I just want to avoid being sick. I have a 2 year old child & I work full time. I just need to know how long I need to wait after my last roxi which was 1pm today. I took 45mg.

Thank You & please help! :roll: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will answer soon but i'm pretty sure you should wait until you are in mild to moderate withdrawls.Speaking from experience you do not want to be high when you get back on the suboxone, i did that when i started suboxone on day 1 and it was very unpleasant for me. I should have listened and been in mild to moderate w/d. So please hang in there and be sure you are a little sick. Congrats on wanting to get off that horrible cycle and start living again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Aprilfgi, and welcome to the forum!! Congratulations on your decision to embark on the road to recovery.

I would suggest waiting until you are in mild to moderate withdrawals. Dicespin is absolutely correct in what he said. Since you've already been through the induction phase of suboxone, you know what you will feel like, and should feel like before taking suboxone again. Otherwise you will end up going into precipitated withdrawals, and as you already stated, you have a child and a job, so that isnt an option for you.

I am so proud of you for recognizing that painkillers are just a dead end road and not the life that you want for you and your child. I am single mother, and I choose sobriety for us too! It has made my life so much easier for so many reasons, and in so many ways.

This is a great forum with lots of supportive members on it. Keep on coming back and sharing as often as you like. We are here for you no matter what you need. Even if you just have some things you want to get off your chest. Welcome aboard and have a great day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To the o.p.

It's different if you have been on subs for 3 weeks I believe. I think you should wait at least 12 hours if u want to be safe, start out with 1mg and wait an hour or two if you want to be super safe. You already have the sub hogging up all your receptors so it's not exactly like induction. Tell us this: was the feeling of the oxy anywhere near what it used to feel like at that amount? I bet not. That's because of the sub. don't beat yourself up but get back on the horse. If your doctor is making you taper already and you don't want to, tell them that you are having strong cravings to use!!

Good Luck,

-Gb