It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im not trying to argue with anyone. And as far as answers... Apparently there aren't any. Nobody has even said anything remotely relevant which has to be okay.. I guess. And why would you be offended when its the company that has flaws. Not you guys. Im just tired of subs and the issues that go along with them. If you are offended by that then you have issues. The picture looks just as terrible as it should its 2 mg cut off at an angle its a triangle. You can see the tip of my finger at the end of the piece and the fucked up edge at the beginning. Ill try to crop it more. Yall just think subs are perfect don't you? Is that the issue here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Here its smaller now, but also blurrier. Hope it helps somebody provide useful feedback. Or not, it doesn't seem to matter so Im going to take the suggestion to call the company.

Attachments:
0717172206a-1.jpg
0717172206a-1.jpg [ 64.32 KiB | Viewed 136 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:19 pm 

It seems strange to me that you are seemingly pushing back at what I wrote to you when I was really making an effort to understand you and see where you are coming from. Why would you not acknowledge the tone of my latest post and respond in kind? Unless you are just here to stir the pot. I made an effort to validate what you are saying and you respond with, "Im just tired of subs and the issues that go along with them. If you are offended by that then you have issues." I think it's counterproductive to tell people that they have issues when you are trying to make a point.

Oh well, that's your decision.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The tone here has become quite offensive.

Quote:
If you are offended by that then you have issues. The picture looks just as terrible as it should its 2 mg cut off at an angle its a triangle. You can see the tip of my finger at the end of the piece and the fucked up edge at the beginning. Ill try to crop it more. Yall just think subs are perfect don't you? Is that the issue here?

Mostly, this part:
Quote:
If you are offended by that then you have issues.

Quote:
Yall just think subs are perfect don't you?

Quote:
Is that the issue here?

Blaming us, or saying we have issues because none of us who've been taking the same med for over 5 years now don't see the same things that you see from the same exact medication. It's not like we're all just lying simply to be argumentative... If it were factual, or even remotely close to being accurate, we would have already stated such. And these photos you've taken, and posted...I don't think you realize what we're seeing on phone screens and such. Hell, I can't even tell anything about the photos on my 32" TV that I have connected to my desktop computer...and that should speak volumes as to what the photos look like. If those pics are supposed to suggest ANYTHING...then I would be the first to jump in and say the photos suggest you should learn how to post quality over cropping an image nearly beyond recognition. The more crop, the less quality...and the worse it looks. Here's my view (this is what I see on my screen. Look at the text above images for comparison sake):

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm 

I agreed with u on that the strips look different at times, I haven't ever disagreed with u on that. Plus strips are somewhat see-through. That's the way it is and has been.

The only issues I see in this thread is U not letting this go then acting like the answers given to u are irrelevant. Irrelevant because we don't exactly agree with u on the strips not working as well since the new packaging (which is a blue stripe at the top of the individual packages)? That's not irrelevance, that's just ppl sharing their experience with the same medicine u are talking about.

U can understand why it seems like u are trying to argue because of the insulting comments u have made that Amy and Jonathan have mentioned.... I don't fully understand why u feel the need to say our comments are irrelevant or we have issues. We don't agree with everything u have said but we didn't say anything mean to u.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jenn...I'd go a step further since the tone here has reached the limits that it has reached, and say the this behavior is exemplary for someone who's too worried about the effects of this medication with each and every dose. I can understand if once in a while..maybe one or two out of 30 in a package aren't as potent...that would maybe be worth discussing...

To be this adamant over the issue ...when this is supposed to be the type of medication that you just take and forget about feeling the "effects"...it doesn't say much in that manner from the posts here.

So what I might have one that doesn't work as well tomorrow. Maybe it's in my best interest to slowly reduce my dose..and that will only help that end goal. It's not the worst thing in the world to have a medicine not be as potent from time to time as it specifically states on the package.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 am 

Ur right Jonathan, I 100% agree with that. I thought to myself early on in this thread that it's almost obsessive to be that concerned about looks of the strips, looks of the new packaging, taking pictures of a piece of a strip and notice every symptom that could possibly be construed as withdrawal. It does seem like that's just worrying to much about it. I could understand if someone was constantly feeling withdrawal symptoms, but Sleeves said that isn't the case. If that were to be the case, for me personally, I'd switch to another form of buprenorphine. Maybe Bunavail or the pill form. I'd definitely discuss it with my doctor and probably pharmacist too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why are people posting their doritos on suboxforum?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:04 pm 

Haha...... Omg that's hilarious Teejay! It does look like one!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry for being unintentionally offensive. There's just nothing that helps bad subs. I did call the manufacturer and went and got new subs but they had the same numbers on back. Long story short they were back to shit in a week. Now tomorrow im gonna switch to 4mg films. Anybody want to chime in. I just want to know if anybody has experience with them or knows if I will have trouble with the switch from 8's to 4's. Its cool that u guys have never had issues. I just thought others might have the same problems, but I must be the only person who has had withdrawal subs for six months. It just sucks to take something I see as life saving, lifechanging medicine not work at all. Its ruining my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Its ruining my life

You have options: switch to generic tabs, Zubsolv, Bunavail, or the implant Probuphine. A weekly or monthly injection is on the horizon and should be to market soon.
Why deal with a product you don't like?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:10 pm 

Hey Sleeve, I take the 4 mg films and have not gotten a bad bunch so that may be the next step for you. docm2 gave a good number of choices so it may benefit you to talk to your pharmacy and see if they have had any complaints regarding your 8 mg films or any of the other products available.

Once you get settled on a decent batch of Bupe, you'll feel much better and can focus on other things way more important. Recovery, for instance. We all work on that one daily.

Good luck finding the right product.

r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I deal with it because I've used the films for years without issue. I was on zubsolv and generic subs before. They don't work for me. Films have always been my best bet. They are different now. Other people have had issues too. People on this site in other threads. The title of this thread suggested to me that there would be people here with relative experiences but apparently they are gone. I just want to hear from somebody who knows what im going through so I've been posting in different places. Thanks for the help but I know about every option available. The patches have even less bioavailability. I loved the strips before they put buccal instructions on the packaging and somehow ruined the subs in the process. Thank you rule62. You ever took 8's and had a bad batch of those. I know ppl have. You helped me make my decision. 4's it is

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take having issues with the medicine that saved my life four years ago very seriously. I just felt that ppl got butthurt because I was having issues. I was just trying to vent and ppl kept saying switch when I said I've already tried them. Its frustrating. I just wanted the films to be the way they were.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:00 pm 

Sleeves, we've all been sympathetic to u and everyone I have saw post on ur issues have tried to give u alternative options. We've suggested calling ur pharmacy or calling the company, which u say u did. What more could we do here? Ur pictures aren't helping, it's a strip cut into a triangle..... ok how can we help u any further? Is that what upsets u, because we can't help u solve the problem? I don't understand why u continue to be rude to ppl that have gave u advice regardless if it helped u or not at least we tried.

If ur life has been ruined, try Bunavail. It's a strip like medication that has very good absorption. If my life was ruined, I'd be switching to something else and if that didn't work, I'd switch to another and another. What does ur doctor say about ur complaints? Did ur doctor just prescribe the 4mg strips because u asked?

I feel insulted by some of the things u have said. Insulting ppl who genuinely tried to help....nice. I doubt ur rude attitude wil be tolerated much longer, just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sleeves, Your comments are grossly inconsistant/changing and have been refuted.
First you referred to the addition of the buccal labeling
Sleeves15 wrote:
The subs have been inconsistent or consistently bad since the packaging change.
Then you switched to
Sleeves15 wrote:
think my films went bad from sweltering heat.
So here's my {Pelican's] 'science' experiment from last summer "Last summer docm2 asked 'We are under severe heat conditions (unusual for our area). Has anyone ever had their strips melt in the foil if left in a closed vehicle?"
I decided to check and my response: 'I placed a 5yr old well kept sealed 8mg suboxone film in foil on the dashboard of my car. 95 degree day, full sun, black car, facing west, 11am - 5pm -- 6 hrs, 162 degrees inside per gauge. I opened the metal foil and sub film looks fine. One side stuck a bit on the foil. When I picked it up, it was maybe a bit softer, not as stiff as I remember the room temperature ones to be but its been 5 yrs since I last took bup. NO melting at all. Fully usable SL film, imo'. I dissolved it under running water so have no idea of its effectiveness/potency."

Then you switched to
Sleeves15 wrote:
The wrappers are easier to open
See the study showing Suboxone films survive washing and drying! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25811238
Then you switched to
Sleeves15 wrote:
I never said that they altered the medication. I said they changed the packaging it comes in
Then you switched to
Sleeves15 wrote:
I loved the strips before they put buccal instructions on the packaging and somehow ruined the subs in the process"
Sleeves15 wrote:
I just felt that ppl got butthurt because I was having issues

Chuckling here! I never get butt hurt here.

Thanks tragicom, jenn and Jonathon and others for igniting a few of my brain cells!

Sleeves you had issues for the past 6 mos which is since Jan 29, 2017. These issues are w different pharmacy's and switching out your film for new Suboxone product, right?

Indivior has been working on adding buccal labeling for 3 years prior, since April, 2014. The FDA approved adding buccal instructions to the packaging on Sept 22, 2015 or 675 days ago. Hard to believe in their 3 yrs labeling change request or since the FDA approval 1 yr and 10 mos ago only crap bup has been manufactured/packaged and yet -- only this crap bup was distributed to a few? and the rest have had no problems... Gosh. Pretty amazing -- the narrowness of Indivior's Suboxone film distribution that ended up crappy to you. Hard to believe that everyone here is somehow -- only on pre Sept 22, 2015 Suboxone stockpiles, 1 yr 10 mos old stockpiles and and only a tiny few have gotten the new supposedly crappy bup in a NATION wide epidemic...

Sleeves, its been asked and answered. As Razor said WAY above, folks were using bup buccally for ages.
Imo, act as investor - all the answers are there. They added buccal to better compete w Zubslov and Bunavail. I know you won't believe me so
DIG
DIG
DIG through the patents, their investor filings...
No formula's were changed for the buccal. DIG. DIG for yourself. Up to you read. If you do you'll read they changed for marketing purposes to better compete w the 2 other brand names, Zubsolv and Bunavail who offer buccal absorption. Suboxone was initially sublingual only -- but off label -- was buccal. All they did was make buccal ON label. Folks here have been doing Suboxone thru buccal for 10+ yrs!!!

Any other of your comments are being mean, sulking and here and that won't do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:25 am 

Pelican, as usual u have wonderfully worded ur post!!!! Gosh that was perfecto :) Nobody could argue with the facts u just presented. If we had the clapping emoji I'd be adding it right here <>. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Pelican,
You just have a way with research, facts, and words that I admire! Calling out the BS and making people take responsibility for their lives. Great sense of humor too. So glad I know you at least via this forum. Good day!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks jennjenn. Thanks Tragicom, Feel the same way back. Have a good one today! P