It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! Right out of the gate id like to apologize for bouncing around in other ppls topics and just asking all kinds of questions Lol now I understand (a little bit) of how I should do this so here goes... I had said in the other parts of this forum I was on pakn killers since 2008 when I learned I had ovarian cancer and from there I e takin Roxys,oxys,methadone,norcos (prescribed) just pretty much anything to get out of pain at the time and numb everything but I also have MRIs for some back problems I have now with discs in my neck and lower back so I'm always in some sort of pain but I had grown so tired of tryin to get a pill every morning I'd wake up..tired of spending every dime on pills so I decided to leave my pain dr and never get my script filled for this month to try suboxone :)) ive said all this in some posts I wrote in the past few days but I want yall to know again lol well my first dr appt was Monday (3 days ago ) the dr put me on 16mg a day one at 8am and one at 2pm well I didn't know until reading in this group yesterday but I should've been taking these strips lil by lil instead of straight up taking a whole 8 mg strip everytime :( I really feel stupid for that even tho she told me to find my right dose that works for me I didn't really know what that meant and she wasn't the best at answering questions either but anyhow I've decided by what I've read in here the past 2 days to try a lil less tomorrow I just don't know how to split it up in more than 3 diff doses or how to do it?! I don't know what half life is not ceiling ? If Yall don't mind can someone please explain this to me? Thanks:) Ive been having a hard time peeing, I've been sick at my stomach, falling asleep during the day but can't sleep but a couple hours at night...crazy ass dreams and I'm chewing my lips lol I talked to razor or tiki already about this I just don't remember which one! Sorry Yall but I'm so excited about quitting the freakn pain pills at have wonderful kids and this is way past due ! Even tho I also have the rough messed up back pain I heard that sub wi help with that too? Honestly it had already but if Yall don't mind please give some advice and share your experiances with me! please cuZ there is so much I need help with!! Oh yea another one too, So at 8 am I took my 8mg dose then I was going to try to cut back a little so at 1 or 2 pm I took 4mg and after a hour I was sick at my stomach so I went ahead and took the other 4mg to see if I'd feel better and it didn't make me feel any diff at all that I could tell :( if I want to cut back and take less in the am will it make me sick at my stomach like today? Sorry Yall im just worried! I'm reallyblooking forward to staying in this forum Yall are all wonderful and this is a very helpful forum!! Thanks Again EVERYONE:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah Lizzy! Of course i will hang out at your thread :D IMO it takes a couple of weeks to adjust to suboxone. I went through a few weird things until my body got used to the suboxone. On top of switching I ended up passing a kidney stone the first week and even that pain was controlled on the sub.

I don't have time this morning and wasn't even going to sign in expect i saw your thread and wanted to say HI!

Hang in there and i am sure others will pop in with suggestions or to share their experience.

Tiki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:19 am 

Hey Lizzy....im runin late myself but after i get to work Ill check back..
Saw your other posts too. Just know this, your going to be Fine so please stop the worry. You will stablize. Sub is for wd and to stop your Cravings. Your dose is high enough now to stop thoses cravings.
Gota go......razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Lizzy,

LOL...I found your new thread! I already gave you a reply in another thread, but I see here that you did post your previous use. I agree with Tiki that you are probably on a bit more suboxone than you need. But, the good news is that even if you decide to stay where you are at you will eventually adjust to this dose.

Having some cravings, nausea, headaches, and fatigue are very normal in the first few weeks. It is also normal to feel a bit of a high for the first few days. This will all go away as your body adjusts to the new medication. Being successful with bupe treatment requires a lot of patience and trust for the first few weeks. Just have faith that everything will be better soon. If the side effects are bothering you too bad, I would suggest you try 8mg once per day. That really should be enough for you based on your previous use. Some doctors tend to be very liberal with their dosing, and it's usually overkill to suggest a patient takes more than 8mg per day.

I'm very happy that you found our forum! Congratulations on getting started on your recovery!

Q

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:)) Q ...tiki and razor thanks Yall for the support it really means the world to me I'm so happy I found Yall and this forum! I feel a lot better today I don't really know how to justify the right mg of dose that I took this morning at 8 but it wasn't a whole 8mg I cut a little square off the bottom right and I have to day I feel 75% better today :) I was post to dose at 2 but I felt fine so I didn't know if I should or how much I should dose This time ! But I really appreciate all Yall ! I hope Yall have a great day! Thanks again:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:37 pm 

Hi Lizzy! I want to ask you if you consider yourself a chronic pain patient? You're past the ovarian cancer, yes? (Way to beat back that nasty disease, btw!) You mention you have some problems with your back. Does that still bother you?

The reason I'm asking is because you might need to look at, not only cutting down on the amount you take, but possibly changing the way you dose. Usually chronic pain patients take a dose of sub every 6 hours or 4 times a day. So if, for example, if you wanted to hold at 8mg per day instead of 16mg, you would take 1/4 of a strip every six hours. I don't understand the chemistry of why, but suboxone provides analgesic relief for only 4 to 6 hours at a time. If you're not experiencing chronic pain you can ignore this. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Awe thank u Amy! Yes it was beyond horrible girl:( one night I woke up in the middle of the night hemorgaing so my dr rushed me to the Or and I had to have a emergency hysterectomy then more treatments! When it was all over with about 4 months after I was getn better my house was blown away by a tornado :( Girl all the way to the foundation so it's been a very rough road the past 7 years BUT I'm so blessed to be Alive:) I've been dealing with the chronic pain for a long time now! I'm sitn here thinking why didn't I do this suboxone thing years ago?! I haven't been on it long as u know but I feek BEYOND better Yall and I haven't been in pain since I started taking it Monday :) IM just confused about some things... Even tho my dr has prescribed my the 16mg a day and if I choose to only take 8mg in over a24 hour period will this be something I need to make sure to tell my dr ?! I feel like if I tekk her then she will automatically take the other 8mg away , which may be what she's post to do idk but then again what happens if When I go back to the dr Monday and she gives me a drug test and there's not as much sub in my system :( since I'm trying to find my dose that works for me? Lol that may not even be something to worry about but I don't want to mess up my first week there you know what I mean? Thanks for all the support Yall really know how to make a girl feel special :)) I love my subs so far!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Yall!! Well today is day 5 and I didn't have a good of day as yesterday :( I know it's going to take a while to get used to the subs but Ive felt drained all day I didn't really do anything out of my nom today I took 4mg for my am dose and 4mg for my pm dose and Ive felt like blah all day! I was a tad bit sick at my stomach but not like day before yesterday but my heartburn has got real bad, anyone ever had bad heartburn during the first week on sub? I know I'm a worry wart but I'm really struggling to find the dose that's right for me and I know it may take a few weeks but dang lol I guess I'm just not a paitent person and I'm sorry if I'm driving YALL cray cray with needing all this help and advice but I just don't knkw anyone else to ask...I don't know anyone personally that's been on sub so that's why o talk to Yall so much:)) I hope you all had a great day and Im staying positive knowing that once I find the amount that's right for me the Everything will be so much better :) Just incase I don't get on here Tom, I want to wish EVERYONE a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY:)) much LOVE!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 am 

Hey Lizzy :)

Sorry I haven't welcomed u yet, I have been sick as heck! Actually still sick but having some moments finally that I feel like I have joined bk with the living again lol. What my opinion is, and I'm sure u have already heard this, is to just stay with a schedule on taking ur meds. Do it the same way day after day after day. If u bounce around too much, ur gonna have a harder time adjusting...in my opinion. I remember when I first started I stayed so sleepy and tired that I would actually fall asleep sometimes even taking my medicine. U know what sucked the most? Going from being addicted to opiates that boosted ur energy, then subs kinda makes ya tired at first. So ur probably having trouble with that too. Going from one thing to now being sleepy was sad to me lol I remember that very well even now. But I promise u, if u just ride this out, one day u will think.....oh wow I don't feel those side effects anymore. I don't remember heartburn though but I'm sure that'll go away too. But if u take ur med the same dose everyday, ur body will adjust soon.

I'm so glad u decided to make the right choice for u and suboxone really has saved my life and I'm sure it will u too. Things just fell into place for me and I couldn't imagine where my life would've been if I hadn't done this 3 yrs ago. I can't say enough great things about what this medication has done for me.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for all the support and advice! Sure hate to hear about you being real sick I sure hope u feel better now :) Welp I guess I just solved a big issue I had and that was about my dose... I've been trying all diff doses Jenn:( that what I thought I was post to do was try diff mgs to see what worked the best for me, ok so I've for to dose the same exact amount everytime so what do I do now that I've done it 5 days now and haven't found my "dose"? I feel so dumb right about now LOL!! Thanks again ! Happy Valentines Day to you as well!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Morning Lizzy

Last night i read my old thread because i wanted to refresh my memory. My thread is "started sub sunday". We are alike LOL I asked many of the same questions and bounced around with the dose. It wasn't until i settled on 16 mg and stayed there for a couple weeks that i felt better. All in All it took me about 30 days on sub to feel ok or be stable. I went from 360 + of oxy to 16 mg of sub, which was fine for me. Had some side effects and a "speedy" feeling i really hated but all that stopped at about 30 days on suboxone.

I guess some people are ok within a few days and others take longer to feel ok. Do you think you are in withdrawal? When you say you feel sick to your stomach, is it that how you feel in withdrawal?

With what your previous dose of opiates was IMHO, i still believe 12 mg would be best for you. If you cut the film in half you could take 3 small doses that may help with pain and also feeling yucky.

To me, suboxone (bupe) is just a weird medication that takes time to get used to for some of us. More is not better, less is better with this medication. Even though i know that I still screwed up and went to more mgs recently. For me it was "addict" thinking.

I am going to tell you what people told me and that is to just trust us and have faith you will be fine, because you will. It's a transition or the opposite of what we were used to. You will get your "normal" energy back, you will feel fine, you won't have cravings. It really will be ok. It takes time and patience as Qhorse says.

Edit:
I may have misread your post....i thought you were taking 12 mg but JenJen is right, if 8 mg is what you have been taking then stick with that. She is right about using the lowest dose to cover cravings etc.

Last edited by Tiki on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:32 am 

Hey Lizzy :)

How'd u do on the 4mg twice a day, do u think u need a little more or are u fine on that? I know its probably hard to tell what dose is best for u right now because ur having so much side effects. Ur side effects may be there regardless what dose u take, so whatever mg that takes care of ur cravings is what I would stick with if I were u. I started out at 16mg also but 12mg was probably what I should have started with. I don't wanna tell ya what mg u should take because only u know what makes u stop craving. The sooner u can get ur normal dose figured out, and take that same dose routinely for a bit, u will level out with ur side effects and be happy happy happy :)

I remember someone awhile bk was trying to figure out their dose like ur doing and they couldn't stop bouncing around and over thinking it til finally they just picked the lowest that worked for them. We as addicts, have a hard time making our mind up about medicine especially when its left up to us lol. That's just the way we are. So when u decide what ur dose will be, stick with it and u will level out soon.

Have a great day Lizzy!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea that's what I'm trying figure out ESP with my chronic pain with my neck back and hip but Ive been trying 4mg twice a day but I'm still having a little problems with my pain even with over the counter pain meds so Tom I'm going to try 6mg twice a day and see how that works for a few days! :) Thank you for all your help jenn!! Have a wonderful night:)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:54 pm 

Hello Liz,
You are a pain patient I see here. When using Buprenorphine for pain relief doses are usually broken up
into 4 smaller doses. Just taking More sub may not be the answer here. Before you up your dose, and abit higher by 4mgs, (12mgs) total, try breaking up the 8mgs you are now stable on.Say, 2mgs every 4 hours. This way your bupe doses will act more for pain and as a full agonst. Most importantly you wont pull your tolerance up or have possible hike in side effects.
Buprenorphine is a interesting med. It doesn't work like other pain drugs where more mea s better. Not for pain. Dr Junig has written several good post about this over on the TalkZone. I suggest you dig around over there and find what he has to say about this and many many other things concerning Suboxone/Buprenorphine. .Glad sub is working for your addiction....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay thank you for that razor I'll ne sure to do that both trying my sub like that by breaking it up and find that on talkzone. I'm so glad I found sub it's the best thing for me to do at this point! I went back for my 2nd dr visit Monday and they my dr and her staff was blown away by how different I looked Lol they didn't even recognize me when I walked in so Yes my sub is doing a wonderful job for me:))) thanks for your support and advice !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys my spirits are down and I'm so upset! I have mosplaced 1 packet which is 1 8 mg strip so that means I won't have it TUESDAY the day I go to my dr to get my script! I have enough to get me thru Monday so my ? Is that my dr spot isn't until 2:45 TUESDAY will I start get'n sick or have withdrawals Monday night or Tuesday morning until I can get to the dr at 2:45 and dose? Thanks YALL have a great night!!:)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Lizzy,

I know this situation is a bit scary, but if what I am understanding is correct you will be fine. I'm assuming you have been taking at least 8mg per day, every day. And you will have that same amount each day until the day of your appointment. If that is correct you will not experience any WD whatsoever on Tuesday, and they won't be able to tell in the urine drug screen that anything is off. Buprenorphine has a half life longer than 24 hours, so you shouldn't feel any real WD for several days after your last dose.

You won't even have to go a full day without it if you get your prescription filled the same day as your appointment.

Just take this as a good learning experience. Most of us have had something similar to this happen at one time or another. It's a good reminder to be sure you are very careful about where you keep your meds and how you carry them with you if you have to do so. These things are like gold on the street, and believe me when I say if you aren't careful with them someone will steal them in a hot second.

I'm happy to see that you found the right dose for you. Did you find that dosing 4 times per day helped you a lot with your pain?

Q

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 pm 

Hey Lizz,
You will be fine as you continue to dose as you have been. As Q has said the half life will carry you till and though tbe next day.
Ive come up short back in my early days too. Over taking was my reason..
But anyway, if you are worried about Tuesday, try holding back 2mgs Sunday and again on Monday. This way on Tuesday morning you will have 4mgs to carry you though the day. Its easy to do and yoh sbould feel a thing at this point.
Its funny how we sike ourselves out knowing we do not have that daily dose...I think its called being addict.ha..

Just a suggestion. ..good luck..