It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I just started taking suboxone about a month a go and I still feel cravings for drugs I'm on 8 mg a day I see my doctor this tues what can I do because I still want pills sometimes its like an itch that can't be scratched. I feel like the suboxone isn't working is this normal?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 am 

I would talk to your doctor about your dose this Tuesday. It could be that 8 mg is not enough to stem your cravings. I would ask the doc if you could increase to at least 12 mg and see how you do. My obsession over oxycodone was taken care of with 16 mg of sub, but everyone is different. I hope you doctor is responsive to your need for an increased dose! Check back in after your appointment on Tuesday and let us know how it went!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

8mg is DEFINITELY enough to curb craving ( physical ) from all opiates.
You may be suffering from psychological cravings etc.
You haven't said what you were taking before, but part of getting and being on Bupe is adjusting yur routine. Most have "cravings" for drugs/opiods cause to get high and use as dealing with other issues.
I am a strong advocate of having ongoing regular counseling along with taking bupe.
Bpe in itself doesn't eliminate the entire issue behind why you used drugs to deal with certain issues in your life.
All of us turned to drugs because we weren't able to deal or address certain things in our lives - once you address these things plus take bupe to reduce the addiction you will be on your way to a clean life

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:09 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have just begun and I was pretty much anything other than dope. Not to say I soul dont have tried it needles are not my thin even though I am a medical assistant. I enjoyed an array of drugs Vicodin oxys and perks along with my personal fave cocaine. As far as my physical cravings I can be triggered anytime or in the mornings when I wake up my first thought is where am I getting drugs from and it's been a month on these things. I am in other therapy along with my sub dr. She requires me to be. I am just wondering if others had this issue too. For me when I get it eventually I can control my cravings throughout the day but it takes a lot of talking myself down which I fear may not be enough. I have done a lot of drugs but pills is what has held me down in hell and I want to be sober because I forgot what enjoying daily life was like. And as far as matthoss comment thatch be true for you but not true for others. You can't lump every drug user into one category and say only 8 mg of subs will work for you. That's not taking Ito perspective every different drug users mgs a day or habits or anything else so I don't feel it is fair to say that 8 mgs a day is enough.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 pm 

I agree with you that one person's needs may be different from the next person's. When I got on sub at 16 mg I was totally free from the obsession over pills. I noticed that within 24 hours of first taking sub. If you need to be on a larger dose that doesn't mean that you are destined to stay there! You may only need to be on a higher dose for a few months before you can taper down if you like. Or you can stay on the larger dose as long as you need to.

I do think Matt is correct that the need can be psychological and it's a great idea to get yourself an addiction counselor. We all need to work on ourselves to find our triggers and go through any emotional trauma or pain that can hold us back from recovering.

Let us know what your doctor thinks. OK?

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:49 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I will definitely update tomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:30 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm up to 12 Mgs a day and will update when I feel the difference. Thanks all