It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys im so glad i found the forums. Ive been on suboxone and clean for just 4 months now and ive found tons of useful info here already. I live in TN with nothing to do and got caught up in drugs at an early age. Im 23 now and this is the longest clean streak ive had since i started using at 14. The only difference now is that i have a desire to quit. I started my dose at 24mg and im down to just 4 to 8 mgs a day. anyway im glad thsi forum exists and im looking forward to the future for once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:09 pm 
Welcome Ocho!! I'm so glad you found us and I hope you'll come back often! Congrats on your recovery! I'm glad you found your way to help at a young age. You have wasted enough time and energy on the nightmare of addiction. You have a lot of time ahead of you to accomplish many wonderful things. You deserve to have a meaningful and happy life....one that you can be proud of....a life you will never find in the cycle of addiction! Sounds like you've done quite well on Suboxone. Most of us here on this forum have as well. You'll find a wealth of information and support here, so please keep coming back.
When you have time, take a few minutes to tell us more about you. I'd love to here more of your story...what led you to Suboxone and your experiences in recovery thus far. If you're having any struggles you need help with or you just want to try and help someone else...you're in the right place!
Again.. welcome, glad to have you here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you for such a kind and supportive welcome.
i finally realized that i needed and wanted some help after losing my job and stumbling upon some legal troubles all because of my addiction. i have been through traditional, cold turkey rehab centers and they worked for a little while i always ended up going back mainly because i just wasnt ready mentally. This time i knew that i was ready to get my life back and i started looking for options. I came across suboxone when one of my friends started using them and he was having alot of success and seemed really happy about it. I wanted some of that happiness too. I found a doctor and its been a great experience ever since. Im working again and i start school in late march. Its hard for me to get to meetings and when i do i rarely see anyone that i can truly relate to but this site is great in that i can read about plenty of people who are just like me. Again im glad to have found this site

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome, Ocho cinco!

You'll find this forum to be full of empathic and supportive members who are always willing to share personal experiences. Congrats on your semi-new recovery. As setmefree said, you are young and have so much time ahead of you.

I've been on Suboxone for over a year and it literally saved my life.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome, ocho cinco. I'm curious. What's your method for 4-8mg per day. Are you still trying to taper lower, or do you just take an extra 4mg if you're having a bad day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well on a good day i can wake up and take 4mg and be ok for the rest of the day. however sometimes i have to take another 4mg later on in the day. ive been trying t get down tot he lowest possible dose cause like many of us, i dont have insurance and these things arnt the cheapest. it sure beats the price of addiction though. anyway since i do ok with 4mg im going to try just 2mg soon.

I really need to try my hardest to get down to the smallest does and eventually stop taking them cause i got into some addiction related trouble and i got into this drug-court program instead of jail time which is awesome but to meet all of their requirements i need to be off the subs before they let me out of the program which is 52 weeks. i dont start until march so ive got while but never the less ive got a time limit in which i need to be completely off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well tomorrow i get to go in for my monthly visit. I have to go see my doc every month for about an hour to see how everything is going. i really like this guy. he seems like he actually cares about what he is doing and not just writing scripts like many of my past experiences were like. Im definitely going to tell him about this great forum that i found. Its like a 24/7 na meeting but with people who are going through EXACTLY what i am:)