It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Suboxone Doctor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on subs for a little over a year and have been slowly tapering down every month. I started on 2-8mg strips a day and I'm down to 3/4 of one strip currently. I have never failed any of my drug screens and always done what I was supposed to. I don't have any insurance so everything has been really expensive! Well now the drs office has decided their going to start charging more and I can't afford it! All I want to do is continue my tapering and be free of the extra financial burden. Was thinking about trying out another dr that may possibly be cheaper. They (the drs office) have become real snooty people and I wanna see someone who at least acts like they care about their patients. If anyone knows of a great Dr in the Chattanooga tn/North Ga area please message me or post the info..Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks J

Post subject: Re: New Suboxone Doctor
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't help with suggestions ('cause I don't know any) but I'll plug my site, http://www.suboxdocs.com

When you find a doc, one thing to ask is if they have a policy of gradually less- frequent visits for people doing well. I find it hard for people to justify seeing stable patients monthly for years; patients who demonstrate that they are doing well should be seen progressively less often--- unless they start slipping backwards. But the answer to that question could mean the difference between 12 visits per year, for cash, and 4 visits per year, for less cash.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for your comment..I will have to check on that..I have another question..Are most doctors just out for your money or are there a lot of docs who truly care about the sobriety of their patients..? Like I mentioned in my first post I've done everything by the book since I've been going to this guy in Ringgold, Ga & his staff has treated me like I've been asking for opiates or something NOT! And now their raising the visit price even for the non-insured (me) to make everyone pay the top dollar like you are a new patient..I've been paying $120 per visit plus meds out of pocket for over a year & now its going to $300 per visit plus meds..And I ask one of the nurses why I wouldn't get some sort of break being that I'm an established patient with NO screw ups and her response was well you found a way to pay when you were buying drugs off the street! I MEAN THAT CRAP SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! Any thoughts on what I could do besides start completely over & if I can find a doc taking new patients would they be willing to take me in since I've already been seeing another doc & finish slowly weening me off?? Thanks in advance.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I've from the Chattanooga area as well. There's is a really nice doctor the receptionist name is Suzanne. That's all I know. I will gather the Info and come back to you with it tomorrow and ASAP. I'll have to search for it. They'll do anything for you. And the lady talked to me on the phone for an hour and I wasn't even their patient and she was so sweet and I didn't go to them but she talked to me! I have been on sub over 3 years and I'm like you I haven't ever failed a drug test and have not relapsed in 3 years and hope to keep moving forward staying clean but as this disease is- we can slip anytime!

So by my experience and knowledge I will offer some advice for you. Here's what you can do. Well, this is what I would consider doing. I would go back to my doctor just this last time (a months worth) and tell them you can't do this taper right now and want to be re induced back up to your starting dose or close to it! Tell them you had a set back In your life (I.e life stressors) and that you haven't used or relapsed but you feel like you're about to. So they should re induce you. So, get the script and walk out. You will then have a script for a bunch more suboxone than you take daily. Do NOT go back up on your dose, stay at the dose you're at and have weened down to. You're going to use these extra strips to continue your weening and it's gonna allow you extra time to find a new doctor. And just never go back to your current doctor! So you'll have enough strips to cover you for months and it will save you money and you can take a couple months to continue your weening. And who knows you may get enough strips to never have to go back to a doc because You're not far from jumping off dear, the dose you're at now you could get 60 -8mg strips and it would be enough for you to finish your weening completely! Or go to a new doc and act like your starting treatment again and get put on two a day and never go back- ween yourself. Just a suggestion.

In the 3 years I've been on sub I have weened down to 1mg and jumped off and I felt absolutely nothing. There is no withdraw. It's just mental. But everybody is different, for all I know you could be different. What is scary the most about stopping sub completely is that hump. You get to a hump (and this is where most people start taking suboxone again)or go back up on their dose, but if you'll wait it out that hump will pass in a few hours to a day then you'll have a few days feeling normal then you'll hit anther hump , then let it pass , then each time the humps will get farther apart and then they will dissapear and you'll feel normal. Note: this pertains to completely stopping sub.

I honestly believe I wasn't meant to stop sub. These last few years I tried to stop and I was doing successful cutting down 2 mg every two weeks. Or every week, I forget. And I went from 8mg to 2mg and felt great then it got to the last week and I got to the last day and was ready to jump off for good! And I had an almost fatal car crash the exact same day I was supposed to take my dose. So it put me back on sub. The pain that is. Not meant to scare you, I did this wean over a months time. You've done it for awhile. I just was telling u something crazy that happened to me and how discouraging it can be! But you can do this. I've been on 3 strips a day and recently brought myself down to 2 strips a day, and I've kicked sub cold turkey so many times I can't count. So you're doing the right thing. Weaning down then stopping is best.

This is just some advice I thought would give you encouragement, and I hope it does.
Best wishes in your situation and I hope it works out for you like you want it to, and soon.

When it comes to this suboxone if you'll listen deep inside to yourself - there's a little voice deep inside that will tell you what is best for you and your sub treatment, listen to that voice! It's often muffled out by our addiction though trying to steer us off the right path, but u just gotta tell your disease to shutup! And listen to that little voice that's telling you what u know is best for u and your suboxone treatment. You'll know what to do!

Note: I do have multiple years of sobriety btw too. So I know some stuff lol but suboxone is a great tool. It's a puzzle piece for our puzzle. But we gotta have other tools too.

Build a strong foundation other than suboxone because that's what's gonna keep you clean when u finally stop sub.