It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I saw a post regarding someones Insurance running out soon, and they would be having to pay out of pocket. I work for the school system, and the insurance for the school system here in the state is really good. In fact, I started Sub right after I got on with the system and got the insurance. But, That post got me thinking, and got me nervous.

The insurance company pays more for my bills then they would if I was on a less comprehensive plan. So, will my insurance run out faster?????

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, a little backround, if interested>

I have been on Sub approximately 4 weeks now.

I am so glad my friend told me about this website, I have learned sooo much about suboxone, and i feel like its a MUCH more balanced forum, which allows both sides of the argument the opportunity to give t heir opinions without much fear for being flamed. I just wanted to tell the Doc as well as so many of you who post here often in order to help everyone out. This is my first post, but the thing is I've learned so much about proper suboxone treatment as well as addiction in general from this website.

I could not be happier with my decision, I only wish I had made the decision months, even years ago.

I used OC for several years.

Last August, 13 months ago, I quit OC cold turkey, and layed in bed 4 days, and finally felt a little better at around day 10.

I used another forum online that i found to help addicts, and it was good to see other people going thru the same thing and seeing others succeed.

However, in hindsight, i feel like I got a completely one sided and biased view on suboxone from that wedbsight. I had nevere heard of it before the website, and the more i read the more i got scared. Looking back it was definately an irrational consensus view, almost to the degree of the word so often used in the media "fear mongering."

If it hadn't been for that site I definately would have gotten on sub along time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the site-

I am sorry you were mislead by the drama of another site.I would love to have you PM me with the link for it, I will bet I know where you went. Many people do not use Suboxone properly and need to blame something for their failure- so they choose the easiest thing.Taking responsibility for self is not a quality many addicts have, it must be learned. Some people do experience bad situations with doctors, and it sucks because they have been mislead by someone they trusted.I always tell people to get educated on Suboxone from valid sources before they draw conclusions, it makes all the difference!
I am sorry but I know nothing bout your insurance problem, but I would call them directly!
Keep posting on your progress!