It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Strips?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I actually wanted to delete a thread I started after considering it may not yet be appropiate for the forume, but every time I tried to modify it I got an "enter text" message.

So I'll just edit it with a few questions.
Are the strips an international thing, or have they just started pooping up in my region? I assume their available anywhere. I personally find them to be just as effictive, but I have two friends who snort their Suboxone???? Which I find to be a ridiculous habit, I don't think the drug would even work properly if ingested like that, but they swear it works for them. So they don't want to be changed over to the strips.

Secondly, for my fellow smokers out there. Does taking Suboxone increase your desire to smoke? I think that is probably the worst side effect for me, that I smoke like a freaking freight train when I take it. Waking up the next day with my lungs sore.
Is there an adjustment period that will eventual lead to a stabilization of normal smoking habits again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm 
Well, first i would like to welcome you to the forum!! I also would like to say that, im pretty sure your not gonna be excluded from this forum because of your situation. I can say that as for my quality of life, mine is so much greater with sub because i may very well not be alive had i not chose it. I have grown so much since starting sub treatment. My mind has had a chance to free itself from drugs and actually had a chance to do some major healing. I cant even begin to name the changes i've made not only in my daily life but in the way i think and act. My behaviour has done a complete 180. Sub has gotten rid of my addict behaviour, changed the way i think about things and overall its given me my life back. Im not saying that sub is the only reason i am where i am because clearly you dont just take sub and everything be ok. I've done my share of work also. Therapy, lifestyle changes etc. I started out with 24mg's, then dropped to 16mg's and i've been at 16mg's for 19 months now with a completely perfect record. Im just now as of 2 days ago dropping down to 14mg's and im gonna go a bit lower than that eventually. How long have you been taking only 1 sub a week? And that is kind of odd you say you take 1 tablet one day a week an not spread out through the week? I dont think i've ever heard of anybody do it like that. Again welcome to the forum and others will comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 pm 
What in the hell??!! lol You just had a completely different post and after i replied an came back you had changed everything about it.????

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I noticed that, too. I was coming back to it to reply, but voila! It's gone now.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ya, Ya sorry to do that. But I was looking at my original post and when I read over a couple things I thought with being new and all I should be a little more conservative.

Ya, I know lifesaver. Everyone else finds it weird that I don't space them out. I get a whole one break in half (to help it dissolve better) and I'm on my way. I guess I would have to just openly admit that I'm taking them for energy. I'm not gonna go as far as to say I take them to get high because I will take them over an opiate any day of the week.
I have to admit that I find the drug to be nearly a miracle. as far as methadone (which I've never been on) I can't advocate anyone taking that course of action. But one of the issues I've seen with Suboxone is the further excuse it can give some people to binge on opiates. They know that if they go nuts with opiates for a week or so it's ok b/c than they can just find some Suboxone to come down from.

So lifesaver, you've been on it for awhile now, so after that honeymoon effect passes are you able to control your cravings? The friends I have that have been on it for an extended period seem to relapse and the suboxone only adds to the resources they have to sell so they can get money for real drugs.
When I go with my friend to the clinic I hear all the patients talk about how they will never come off Suboxone b/c they just don't trust themselves. Not to criticize anyone but I just don't want to be on this stuff for the duration of my life.
Do you see your self never taking it again in the future? Sounds like you've made some real progress man, I hope to have the same success as you. CHEERS!

"The death of one is a tragedy. The of millions is just a statistic."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 pm 
Why did you change you post? It wasnt inappropriate. I know you just thru me for a loop with this and made me look stupid because nothing i say even matches any of your new post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[quote="hatmaker510"]I noticed that, too. I was coming back to it to reply, but voila! It's gone now.[/quote]

"I do not identify with the local group. Church, party,union, state, religion..neighborhood improvement committee. I have no interest in any of it. I love and cherish individuals as I meet them, I loath and despise the groups they identify with and belong to."
~George Carlin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm sorry man, I wasn't trying to make you look stupid. I just thought that the title of it "At what point is Suboxone recreation instead of treatment", might unnerve those who where seriously using the drug to help rectify their lives. So since no one posted to it after about a half hour I though it may be offending some by it's very presence on the board.
Sorry I'm new to the forum and a little nervous about what I openly talk about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 pm 
The honeymoon stage has been over quite awhile and although i've had some bad days, my cravings are in check and perfectly under control. You sure seem like you have some negative intent here by the way you say things. Its been nothing but throwing confusion into everything is all it seems you have done. You tried to take over my thread, then come here and posted one thing, then changed it and now i dont even understand what you just said to hatmaker. Am i just misunderstanding you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ya, I think a lot of people misunderstand me at first. Possibly because I can appear as a rambling fool from time to time. I don't have any malice intentions here, I promise. The thing I said to hatmaker was just a Carlin quote I like a lot. Since he ended his post with Carlin I just though I'd show I was also a fan of George. I'm sorry for all the confusion man. I'll give it a rest for the night and maybe try and start a new thread tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm 
I think you can conclude that everyone i know of on this forum isnt here for jokes and is using this medication seriously. I dont know who you know but i've been serious about my recovery from day one and i do not sell or trade the medication. I also have not used drugs since taking sub and i do not intend too. I have straightened my life up and am doing very well for myself. I feel like your just sneakin in some low blow comments here and their and i dont quite know why. Are you really here for support and to help others or are you here to mess with everyone elses recovery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 pm 
Desertfox I just wanted to say that omg yes suboxone gives me the urge to smoke cigarettes all the time but that is not suprising to me because I smoked like that when I was addicted to morphine too. Also your buddies are probably snorting their bupe because it has alot better bioavailability and they are getting alot more out of their dose than under the tongue. Not condoning it at all but im just saying I used to do it early on in treatment because of affordability. Im getting used to the strips now but I still dont like them, they dont dissolve any faster to me and I hate how if they are placed in a weird spot under the tongue they are stuck and you just have to deal with it. Plus for me I couldnt dose em on the go if I had to, I have to be in front of a mirror with a pair of tweezers to use to get under my tongue and a toothpick to be able to push the strip in the right place. Tablets are better in every way and I hope once the coupon expires my doc wont have a problem putting me back on the tabs like he said he would do.