It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New to Site
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:15 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey, my name's Alexis and I'm new to the site. I am currently taking 1.5mg of Suboxone. I have been on them for about 2 years and started off at 16mg. Some reductions have been a piece of cake, some have not. Honestly starting to get scared of reductions still to come. I don't want to be on them forever but not sure if I'm quite there yet and ready to come off completely. Hope this site helps. From what I've read so far I can see that it is, if anything, at least nice to get information and find issues and stories I can relate to and help this addict along the way. So, hello to all!!!

Post subject: Re: New to Site
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:53 pm 

Hey Alexis..just ran into your intro..welcome an hope your still out there..

im not in the taper / jumping place in my recovery but just wanted to say hello an congrats on your progress..amazes me we I see addict down below 2mgs..im still in the 5mg a day range. And doing well I must say. This is all a process so one day maybe ill drop..

in the Stopping Suboxone forum you will find many threads some people that can be of help..this is a GREAT forum, the best one on line!!!I think...lol

welcome and please keep posting...also, are ya working
more of a re overy program? Na/aa ? ?......

razor....

Post subject: Re: New to Site
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Alexis,

My name is Queenie. I am the grandmother of the forum. I'm 71, I am a double amputee due to health problems, That more or less explains why I'm here. Got hooked on painkillers. I have been on Suboxone for 4 1/2 yrs. 8 mgs a.m. 8 mgs. p.m.

Keep up the good work. Be strong and do what you have to do. My dr. has no intention of taking me off subs completely and I'm glad. I am terrified of withdrawal of any kind and I don't think my body c an take it. I can understand a young person not wanting to be on them forever so whatever you do, be strong, don't go back to using, If you arfe tempted, speak to your doctor.

Take caref of yourself. I will check in periodically. God bless, Don't give in and don't give up.

Love and hugs,
Queenie