It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Section-Roll Call
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:46 pm 

Great idea for all of us who are tired of arguing about our decision to stay on Suboxone long term. Maybe for life.

How about a roll call of those who feel they fit in this category? I'll start it off:

Rule62 Induction date: May 1, 2010 stable on 6 mg's per day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lizzie's here! Induction date: October 22, 2013. 24 mgs.a day. Will be down to 16 in a month, and staying there a while!

Who's next?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This approach is definitely where my head's at-- after seeing too many people kicking themselves over doing the right thing!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Went through the induction from hell taking my last dose of 200 mg of tramadol (4 pills) 10 AM October 22, 2009. First Sub was 8:30 AM October 24, 2009 - clearly past the peak of withdrawals and the longest 46 hours of my life. 8 mg of Sub and 90 minutes later I could not keep my eyes open. Can't call it "high" in the true opiate sense but it totally knocked me on my ass. It's been great ever since getting a real sub doc versus the treatment center doc. Moy oh Moy. Er, um of course I mean boy oh boy, what a mistake. Getting on sub was the best move I could have made. Paying an inpatient treatment center ten grand for five days to get me started was the worst move I could have made. Live and learn. At least I had insurance. High deductible but covered.

Currently on 3mg/day and a slow taper to test the waters - with a firm plan to stay on Sub for however long it takes up to and including life if need be. Four years and nearly three months without a single relapse - 1,544 days clean - yes clean (on Bup)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Hey..now were talkin! Razor 55 with 3 years clean and a day!. Jan. 14th 2011. Whata day that was..I was very lucky at the first. Director of Addiction Med here at a major uni, answerd my call and i was in. However, wasnt given any,and i mean any instruction on how to induct. To this day i dont know how this happened but after getting my script for the first weekend, i went home after wlrk. At around 9:00 pm or so i popped in 4 mgs. Now mind you, id taken my last 7.5's around 4pm. So i wasnt in withdraw. I went to bed around 10:30 and fell to sleep...slept all night though..The morning of the 14th i awoke to a new me. I felt like a kid on xmas morning! In the first 10 seconds i was awake,i felt no withdraw or sickness!! I couldnt believe it. What a day at work!!! So happy. Whata pink cloud i had!!
I was rx'd 12 mgs. And yes the next two days i stated taking all my meds.. I havnt looked back. I joined NA. Have some friends there. And after 3years have never spoking to any of them about suboxone. Today im at 4 mgs. I love this forum. I feel becuz of some of the addicts here ive learned. Leaened just what this med is all about. And Dr J, thanks for this place..My pal Moviemaker and I tell as many addicts here in our town and clinic about this forum. Sad as it seems to few care to look. But hey, they know who to ask. .sorry i could go on and on. For life? Maybe. Idk..i do very well on this med. Timecwill tell. I do know this,people keep telling me how great i look. Lol..after 38 years of useing something it feels great to be me today..thank you all and will be reading along everyday....raz

Ps you mods do a hell of a good job...an thanks for coming back donh. Good stuff..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will keep it short. Mine was 08/10/2010. Was inducted on 16mg. Am now on 6mg and am very comfortable. SUB4LYFE !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 am 

I'm kind of up in the air about whether I'll stay on sub long term, or not. But I fully support those who expect to be in long term treatment!

Right now I feel like maintaining status quo at 2 mg/day. I feel very satisfied with my life as it is and I see no reason to mess it up!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

After 7 years of abusing the crap out of anything opiate (mostly oxys) I found a wonderful suboxone doctor and induced on April 1st 2013. I have been so happy with all the positive changes in my life.

9 months clean and sober and very stable on 8 Mgs!

Peace, love, and suboxone!

Erica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's what I'm talking about! It really does feel like you've been given a second chance at a normal life! So what if you gotta take a medicine daily, the life improvements are soooooo worth it!
I have a question for other loooong termers out there. Does anyone else get nervous, like really nervous when they hear talk of bupe becoming a schedule 2 drug? That would disqualify it from the DATA 2000 that says drugs used for the purpose of opiate detox or maintenance must be schedule 3 or 4. that would place suboxone in a clinic only setting for maintenance, like methadone. Scares me shitless! Do y'all think if that happened there would be an exception for well, loooong established office based bupe patients? This issue has been mentioned more and more lately, and many people have said they think in a few years this is likely to happen. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Seriously? I know we have more active members here that are on lifetime maintenance!

I'm kind of in the same boat as Amy right now. No immediate plans to discontinue or taper, stable at 2mg per day.

Thank God for Suboxone!

Q :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

On 16mgs per day. I have chronic pain and bupe is the only thing that quenches my pain and doesnt make me a zombie. Will be for life because i have to work and i have a family and full opiods and i are not a good mix. All is good on bupe so no teason to get off. Ever! Im on the white moon generic and am thinking of switching. If anyonr has any experience with orangr amneal or zubsolv let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 am 

Yes, Lizzie, it does really scare me that sub could be relegated to a clinic only setting. Yikes! I would absolutely hate that!

Thanks, Razor, for the props!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In 08-09 I was switched over from methadone to Suboxone ceiling dose.
Is was quite freeing for in 4 days the switch was complete.
The 1st few days not so pleasant at all.I went in at 80mg/day of done but the 32mg/day of Suboxone kicked out the methadone.
Now I'm bouncing around at 12-16mg/day.Trying to get a consistent energy level.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm 

Some good stuff here I'm reading. It's good to see tiredofsuboxone able to get onto Sub from Methadone. At least with Suboxone you can taper down slowly w/o terrible w/d's. My opinion only of course.

Yea, Thanks razor for the shout out.

Lizzie, that talk scares me too. Life to me is just plain normal right now and has been for almost 4 years. So what, are they going to make me show up everyday for my dose when I've proved I'm doing fine by myself. Never have run out, had a dirty test, or lied to my doctor. They need to look at us before making a decision.

Where the heck is everyone else?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Melanie, no clue as to the date, but in feb of 2012 had my PM Doc switch me from the full agonist he had me on to suboxone. It was funny, I asked him on a friday, after talking he said he could either give me a script to fill before I came back on monday, or I could get the script monday(then go fill it, and come back to the office). I of course picked gimmie now, he was like "How am I going to know you don't take any?" and I was like "Well, I assume you're going to count them when I get here monday." and he handed me a script. Monday when he came in I tossed him the bag with the script, he looked at me with a questioning look on his face to which I replied "They're all there" with a giggle. He was like "Good, I didn't feel like counting them anyway. *tosses script back to me** Here have some." and that's how my induction went. Had 4mg 2x/day for the first week. Then went back to see him and got 8mg 2x/day for the next 2 weeks. Went back and asked him if he'd Rx a 3rd dose for me per day to which he replied that it wasn't going to be any more effective at taking away the pain. Told him I was aware of that and that while 8mg knocked the my pain down to an acceptable level, it just didn't last 12 hours. He wrote 3x 8mg/day then and I've been doing well since. Depending on how the day goes I'll either have 2 or 3 doses per day. I've had people ask me when I plan to stop and I've got to wonder if they're crazy. I have rather significant pain in my shoulder, hell I suffered for 18 months through various idiot doctors who refused to help me while it felt like a camp fire was stoked in my shoulder 24/7. I've finally found a physician who doesn't have their head firmly planted up their ass and is willing to help me. Why on earth would I want to return to having a camp fire in my shoulder 24/7?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello everyone!

I am def, 1000% on bup for life. I have been using opiates for 20 years and started on Subs in 2009. I tapered off and stayed off for a year, only to relapse. So this time starting from Dec 2012, I am back on Subs and have no plans, no desire, no way ever am i going to get off of Subs. This is a life-long disease.

Suboxone for me is a treatment not just a means to an end. Suboxone is a treatment plan to treat my addiction which I do not see going away any time soon. That being said I am happier now that I have ever have been. I no longer have depression, or cravings. I no longer drink alcohol or smoke or do any other drugs. I workout everyday and eat clean foods. I have never felt better in my life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 pm 

Thanks for your story, Raudy! You put it so well and so simply that I can't imagine why a person wouldn't be able to understand why you are on sub.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

raudy, I'm 100 percent with you on indefinite to life long treatment for our life long disorder. yesterday I had my second meeting with my new psychiatrist, in which he assured me that at no time would he be forcing me to taper or get off the Suboxone anytime until, and if I'm ever ready to do so. His exact words were to never worry about that, and to focus on therapy and recovery. I'm incredibly lucky to have found a doctor who subscribes to the lomg term to life time treatment school of thought. The positive life changes since starting subs have been amazing. over ten years of chasing drugs, endangering myself amd kids, spending all of our grocery, holiday, and Bill money on drugs, and stealing the rest, being wasted half the time and sick with wd the other half, and never feeling normal without loads of opioids on board have been traded for participating in my kid's lives, working hard everyday, paying my bills, and earning back the trust of my loved ones. not to mention feeling physically well, and replacing using "friends" with clean friends who actually care about me and not my hook ups or supply. it's a joy to get out of bed everyday, feeling free of the chains of active addiction. I see no reason to mess with an obviously good thing, and as long as I'm doing something everyday to contribute to my sobriety like therapy or meetings etc to realize that we as Suboxone patients are add much in recovery as anyone else, on subs or not. I think being on bupe can create doubt about recovery in our minds as bupe patients. doubt which just isn't necessary.... we are in recovery! let's enjoy our new addiction free lives and forget about the NaySayers!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been on Suboxone (24mg/day) for over 2 years, I have no idea what the exact day or even month was. Before I got on Suboxone, I spent 10 years being addicted to Opiates (Oxys. mostly, like 240 mgs a day). I definitely have no plans to stop using Suboxone as long as I can keep getting it. About 2 months ago my insurance got canceled and due to financial difficulties I wasn't able to get an insurance carrier until recently (will kick in on March 1st); so, I recently was unable to return to the surgery or pay for my prescriptions. I tried to taper off of Suboxone (not by choice, but only because I didn't have the money to go to the surgery without insurance, $500, or to pay for my prescription out-of-pocket, $790) and I took the last I had six days ago and I experienced withdrawal for the first time in a very long time (I don't need to tell any of you how bad it was :cry: ). I finally today made an appointment with my doc and just had them bill me (don't know how I'll pay it :oops: ) and used all my cash to pay for some of the Suboxone on my prescription. I am certain that if it wasn't for Suboxone I would be dead, either through an overdose or by my own hand. My doctor is great and very understanding about my situation and he is the only person I know that I can discuss these things with. When I decided to finally stop using drugs and get help, I moved to the USA (Texas) thousands of miles from all my friends and family (and haven't used illegal drugs since, except for one visit back home like only a couple months after I started Suboxone). I can't move back because two of my brothers back in blighty still use every day and don't want to stop. No one in the USA except my doc know that I'm a recovering addict. The downsides to having to take Subs everyday are definitely outweighed by the upsides and they have truly turned my life around and saved me. Just sucks that the states don't have an NHS :x . I'm rambling, so I'll stop; but, taking Suboxone everyday is definitely something I plan to do indefinitely.

-MarquisDover :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone. I don't post often due to my 55-60 hour work weeks, but I visit the forum daily during breaks. I inducted on December 23, 2012 at 16 mg. daily and have been on that dose since. I have Fibromyalgia, so at least for the time being, my doctor and I have planned for Sub to be my pain reliever indefinitely. I take 4mg 4 times daily for pain control. Amazing enough the Sub treats the Fibro pain better than 300 mg of Oxy ever did. If the time ever comes that I go into a remission from Fibro (which is very rare), I will consider tapering, but I certainly will not force anything. I have no problem being on this life saving medication for the rest of my life. I do worry often that my Dr will shut down the practice, retire, change his mind or whatever, but I until something like that happens (I pray daily that it never will but you never can tell with Sub doctors) I consider myself a lifer. Its so nice to hear that I am not alone. I read so much about so many tapering and jumping that I feel weak and guilty for not wanting to try. Thanks for starting this new special thread for us who have chosen life on Subs. Thanks for listening.

Crys