It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Crys!!!!

I'm so glad to see a post from you, I've been wondering where you were!

It always amazes me how we don't realize when taking the massive doses of pain meds we used to take, that the pain was actually worse the higher the doses we took. Anyway, that's what happened to me. That awful rebound pain was terrible!

Good to hear from you again, and I hope you try to post a bit more. :D

Hope you are doing well,

Q

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:lol: Hey Q!!!

Thanks so much. I have been wondering about you also. I hope you are doing well. I will PM you!! In response to your post, I absolutely agree, the massive doses of full agonists did seem to make the pain worse, so in turn I would use my "justification" excuses and use even more because "I needed more for the intolerable pain". I am so glad to be off of that roller coaster. And yes, I plan to start posting more frequently. My addiction counselor has cut me down to only monthly sessions and I don't feel that is enough for my recovery. I can't locate any support groups aside from AA, so just reading from this forum is very therapeutic for me. I am hoping to get to know other members of the forum better as I have you, and to offer support to those in need as everyone has for me. My job has taken so much of my time for the last year and I don't feel like I have been working on my recovery as much as I would prefer, and should be. I have almost 14 months clean thanks to Suboxone, but I need to do more than see my counselor once a month. Thanks again for posting a response. I have missed you, and missed posting on the forum.

Crys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Definitely on it for life! Induction day September 19,2013, and never been happier or felt better in my life as I do now! Currently maintaining at 6-8mg. a day.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello there. I'm all_apologies13, pretty sure I'm not a lifer but absolutely support anyone who feels they are and since I am still a long termer (been almost 2 years now, inducted on 16 went up to 24 and stable on 24 for 95 percent of that time) I feel comfortable posting here with others who don't want to have to justify their responsible decisions. I have chronic pain and am very lucky to have a great doctor who isn't in a hurry to taper me or anything. The idea that sub could be pushed to schedule 2 scares me a lot, I have everything stable since I went on subs and have held a job for the first time in a really long time. I have a relationship with someone who's also in recovery not on MAT but is very tolerant and understands why I need to be on them. Anyway I really am not sure if I'm ready to go off of them this year (which is something I'd been unofficially planning on before) but maybe that's okay. The pain issues would have to be addressed but also I don't know how I'd deal with that anxiety. I'm very happy for anyone here who is satisfied enough with their treatment and recovery that they're good with the status quo being on bupe. Hopefully well get enough representatives on a grander scale to advocate for the education of this med. by the way someone on here said that the sub has treated fibromyalgia pain way better than full ag Oxys ever did, and I have to 100 percent agree

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

8 years and 1 screwup..when I first started..I take 32 mg. Once a day and I am great. I was on 220mg. Of methadone a day. I have all my teeth,and life is good. No more nodding at work. Ga. has crazy sub laws tho.I will be on it as long as I can. Before ga. Had them I flew to Tx. 3 times a year. Great post folks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think I have you all beat, lol. I have been on Subs for 11 years! Yep, Induction was when I was 17 in 2003 now Iam 28 and still on them. Dose has bounced around due to 4 pregnancies, chronic pain, or tapering. But Iam currently at 16mg down from 24mg. My highest was 32mg after surgeries and such. I dont necessarily want to be a lifer, but with such a complex set of issues. I think it may be realistic. I would rather be a lifer then have the issues I dealt with back in 03.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

^ inducted at 17?! Damn, when did you start using?

As for me, I'm just under 7 months, inducted on Jan 7, 2014. I was buying sub off the street before that whenever I could. My roommate from rehab found a dr while we were there, and I couldn't (we lived in different areas and her dr required you live in that county), so she helped me out because we said we'd help each other like that. She was only scripted 12 a day though so I had to stretch it out. I repaid the favor when she lost her dr shortly after I found mine ( her dr had ridiculous attendance requirements, which I do understand, but she lived 35 miles away and had a job and needed to be there 4 days a week).

I was inducted at 16 mg, went up to 20 because while I was still working and surrounded by dope and pills, 16 wasn't killing the cravings. In retrospect, what would have when the shit was like 5 feet in any direction?!

I've since lowered to around 1 mg a day, and I intend to hold here for a long time... Possibly forever. I will go back up when/if I need to, to combat cravings, but I have no intentions of getting off anytime soon. I have pain issues (fibromyalgia) and depression issues, and sub treats both better than anything else I've ever found.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Add me to the list of life long subs. Been on them for a little over four years and have no desire (yet) to go off them.

Kazz, your on 32 mg's after 7 years!!! You must have been doing a lot of drugs to take that much Sub. By now you should be no highr then 8 mgs. Just me opinion.

bd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Add to the the lifers section for Bupeduped! Check!& welcome! Absolutely nothing wrong with treating your illness with medication for as long as you need or want. Its disheartening to hear stories about docs who force people off buprenorphine if they aren't ready, if ever. We know ourselves best, and imo this should be a decision made mostly by the patient. You're lucky if you have a dr who is on board with this idea, many don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Induction date: 7/28/2013 @ 4mg and titrated to 24mg/day for 1 and 1/2 years. I weened down to 8mg/day(4m 2x a day) over a year, going down 2mg a month or two months. I am currently struggling a little bit with cravings and energy @ 8mg/day, but I want to be a little uncomfortable and know that my body will adjust to it over a few months given the extraordinary half life of bupe. I am 32 and have been abusing opiates(everything from codeine to oxymorphone) from age 21 to 29. I first tried suboxone @ age 24 but it was a 5 month program:

Month 1 - 32mg
Month 2 - 24mg
Month 3 - 16mg
Month 4 - 8mg
Month 5 - "Ween yourself off"

During that program, I was abusing other drugs besides opiates such as benzos, weed, and prescription amphetimines. I followed the suboxone reduction schedule to a T, but had a hellish withdrawal, and ended up checking myself into inpatient rehab after relapsing.

That was in 2008, and after 5 more years of sobriety and relapse and back again, I signed up for an outpatient program that uses suboxone maintenance. He put me on Suboxone, gabapentin, and deplin. They believe in the scientific approach where addicts have low dopamine symptoms. They encourage all of their patients to do a 12 step program, which I am involved in, and I admit that it helps to have the support of other addicts.

But for a person like me who has always been so depressed and anxious even before using drugs, I need some kind of antidepressant, and the drug that has worked best for that is suboxone. Just like people who have to take insulin for diabetes, I need bupe for the lack of dopamine in my brain. There are studies that show that bupe works for depression in people that do not respond to antidepressants. I have tried sobriety without suboxone, and struggled, and always went back because I felt life wasn't worth living sober. If I could only show you how I felt, then you would understand. Since 7/28/2013, I have moved up in my career, bought a house, a new car, held a couple of romantic relationships, made new friends, and have made amends to the people I hurt while in addiction. I plan on staying @ 8mg for awhile, and if forever, then so be it. To me, its about the quality of life, and if I have to take 5 minutes out of each morning to stick a film underneath my tongue to keep my depression and addiction at bay, then so be it. I don't care if i'm dependent on it, because I would be dependent on an antidepressant anyway.