It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been on suboxone now subutex for 3 yrs. I use a national pharmacy chain to fill my prescription and they all know me there and have never given me any grief ( I have been using them for the last 1 1/2 years). Today when I went to fill my script and pay for it ........something different happened. Instead of them asking for my DOB they asked for my Driver's License. I obliged..........and then they asked for my current address (which they already have). Then they asked for my home and cell phone number (which they already have). I asked what is this all about? They informed me that begining Sunday of this week the DEA is requiring this information.

Does anyone have any information on why the change? Certainly there are other ways of them knowing who is using subutex or suboxone. Is this going to cause more judgement of us? Perhaps this is only the chains new direction but the Pharmacist was clear it was the DEA requiring this.

My doctor told me that he kicked 5 people out of his practice this past month for not showing up for pill counts and said that he would be requiring more random pill counts going forward. This is not a worry for me as this is a non issue. Just curious if there is some new guidelines going on out there that people are hearing. Oh how we love being special.........huh.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I dont know what state your in,
but Ive heard and read in newspapers, that this is how theyre planning to 'crack down' on people doctor shopping or getting more than one perscription for opiates/narcotics/ any controlled perscriptions.

They are trying to come up with a "nationwide" data base, that your perscriptions and drivers licesense/ID card number are linked together.
they already have "reporting' systems for each state, but the one I think you just reported with must be one of the first for the "nationwide" database.
The first time I heard about it was over a year ago.

but it wont be for just suboxone/subutex, it'll be for ANYTHING thats above schedule 3 or whatever they call it above vicodin.
Im not sure how I feel about it. I think no matter what people will figure out how to have more than one doctor and/or get multiple perscriptions.
there are alot of people in my area, at least two yrs ago when I was still in active addiction, that were FAKING perscriptions, and GETTING away with it.
this one girl I knew, did it like 7 times. with o.c and dillaud.........I remember being almost pissed, becuase I thought for sure there had to be some sort of system that would catch up with her. but it didnt. at least not for a year, thats when I quit talking to all "them"
Hope that helps

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: links
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Jim,
It's the bigger picture evolving thats concerning here, privacy laws out the window,,, auto tracking cell phone programs that store and monitor our lives. Thats the future, and I'm convinced that drug wars, are not fought for outright victory, more so to maintain a balance- the status quo.
The power behind the gun trade, and the blackmarket serve each other, some illicit drug crops are sprayed some are monitored, but all crops are downloaded via landsat,.
In this digital day folks should take care in the info they present on line, cause its not hard to cross reference that info, and it's not just themselves they expose. And for sure you can bet that this site ain't visited just by harmless suboxone users, -take care.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Many of my Doctor/Nurse Practitioner,DMD, DO friens are indeed being harassed by law enforcement. The last time I talked to a friend that got his meds taken away. He ended up in the hospital 3-5 times. His Doc had been managing he lower back pain for 13 years with out any"problems. " We all are in Maine, and not only are the Dr's afraid to write scripts but there is a 1 year waiting period for the Suboxone clinic and maybe 29 "suboxone trained M.D.s ans PSY M.D's We are in a really big shortage. And the "treat and street" method is breaking the Patients, Md's etc. I find it sad that people are dying from lack of resources. And our M.D's are scared to treat pain or addiction. And why does a doc need 8 hrs of training to give patients subutex for pain????

Thanks for reading my "rant"

I have occipital neuralgia and the meds got me, and now I am an addict. I am using Suboxone replacement for now. However, I really want a clean and sober life. I joined this site for info and support as there is very little where I live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am also in Maine. This week they asked me for my ID at the Pharmacy for the first time. They have a new sign posted that they will be asking for ID's for certain drugs. I don't have a huge problem with that because maybe it will protect me from someone posing as me to try and get my medicine.
My big issue with the pharmacies is when I go a day or 2 before my prescription runs out to get a refill and the pharmacist gets all bent out of shape. They act like I'm abusing my medicine or selling it. In order to get a refill I have to wait until I run out of them and get sick. I don't get that.

Post subject: Big Brother
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just another symptom of big government. The feds want total control, and there are enough people in this country who have not been taught the evils of big government to stop them from getting it. Most of what the DEA does is unconstitutional, but nobody cares about that anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

just filled mine in virginia, they filled me 2 days early, this cvs would, one 5 mins away wouldnt, dosent make senese , anyway got it, seemed to ask more questions then usual, but got it , free of charge with my 40 doller cop pay covered by the coupon( runs out this month) .. happy!