It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm editing my first post cause I'm gonna repost in the Pregnancy forum.

But, still want to say hi! And I think I already feel better just from reading the posts from others.

I'm a 33 yr old mom and professional therapeutic consultant working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

I was addicted to opiates for 7 years before quitting on my own with a relatively small amount of suboxone. I have not gone into treatment nor have I attended any meetings but I am still currently dependent on suboxone. Tapering.

Now, I'm pregnant and have lots on my mind. You can find me over on the pregnancy board if you guys are interested in more info. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What mg of subs are you on? And congrats on the pregnancy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was taking 1/6th of a 8mg strip until I found out I was pregnant. I immediately cut it in half, to 1/12th and did that for about 2 weeks until my baby doctor found sub in my pee. I'm not prescribed it...I get it on my own from one person that is a friend and have been this entire time (since last May!) so I was terrified when he found it in my urine. But he asked if I was trying to quit completely and I am...or was (more about that later)...so he gave me a month ( I told him I thought I could stop in 2 to 3 more weeks). The next day I cut my piece again in half..so for 2 days I took 1/24th of a strip.

Yesterday at the ultrasound, though, they could not detect a heartbeat. It seems I have miscarried. The doctor reassured me it has nothing to do with suboxone, at least, but I am still heartbroken of course.

I go back on Monday for a second ultrasound to make sure it just wasn't too early...but it's not looking good.

Today, I took about 1/12th again. I'm already an emotional wreck. So, I didn't want to stress myself out more by taking less again.

Yea. If the baby is gone, I'm definitely not ready to quit completely. But I think I can function on about 1/10th or 1/12th for awhile longer. Since I cut from 1/6 to 1/12th, I have had much less energy and focus...so I don't know yet.

Sorry to ramble. Been a long couple days. Thanks for replying. :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First and foremost are you ok? If they confirm you did have a miscarriage my sincere apologizes. I do want to say, do not blame yourself for the loss of the baby. There are plenty of success stories on this site, and many of the women were at a way higher dosage of suboxone than you. There are a number of factors that go into pregnancy, and most of the time these things are out of our control.
Now about stopping suboxone. You may want to evaluate the reason you are on suboxone in the first place. I don't know your past experience with opioids, but if you are at risk for using again you may want to stay on subs. I don't knock anyone who decided suboxone is a must to achieve a success functional life. These are only questions you can answer. If you are considering stopping, you are down to such a low dosage your almost there. There is minor discomfort tapering down, especially cutting the dosage by so much so fast. I wrote a previous post under stopping suboxone, and there I wrote how we all got ourselves into this mess so a little suffering is expected. If your only w/d symptoms are less focus and energy, you are very lucky compared to some of the horror stories on this site. Tapering down is a choice you can at least talk to your doctor about and possibly start working on.Although, if you have suffered a miscarriage you may want to stay on it for a little longer. I know when I was tapering down, my bad emotional days were the hardest not to go back up in dosage. Again, my sincerest apologizes if you have suffered a miscarriage. Please keep me posted.
BNL