It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok this is my first post so here I go. I was recently switched to suboxone instead of norco 10s, for constant pain from a torn disc. Im on .5 mg up to four times a day. So far it seems to be working great. I guess im just curious about how others take it. Should I take it before or after eating? Also, is it dangerous to smoke marijuana while on suboxone?Sometimes I would like to smoke (I have my michigan medical card), when I over do it with carrying laundry or something, and the pain comes back. Since starting the suboxone ive been scared to smoke. Does anybody else smoke with this medication?
Thank you for your time, and please no lectures about how smoking is bad in general. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

ArtsyAngi wrote:
Ok this is my first post so here I go. I was recently switched to suboxone instead of norco 10s, for constant pain from a torn disc. Im on .5 mg up to four times a day. So far it seems to be working great. I guess im just curious about how others take it. Should I take it before or after eating? Also, is it dangerous to smoke marijuana while on suboxone?Sometimes I would like to smoke (I have my michigan medical card), when I over do it with carrying laundry or something, and the pain comes back. Since starting the suboxone ive been scared to smoke. Does anybody else smoke with this medication?
Thank you for your time, and please no lectures about how smoking is bad in general. :)

Hi Artsy Angi and welcome to the forum!
I also take suboxone (subutex) for addiction only. I take 12 mg. a day. It seems you are on an awful low dose, but hey if it works for you then great! You can smoke marijuana while taking sub. I personally don't but Iknow it is ok because I have read of many others smoking it while on sub....on this forum...I guess it would be better to take the sub before you eat but wait 10 minutes after it dissolves before you eat or drink anything...after letting it melt under your tongue you want to get all the medication absorbed in the tissues before you eat or drink...at least that is what I have been told from people on the forum who know.
Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you are doing,

Judy

Post subject: Yes it's OK
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There are quite a few people who smoke on suboxone. I live in NC and we do not have the Medical cards so our clinics and or doctors do not let you get away with it. Thats a pretty low dose you are on so I can not imagine them being to hard on you about it and especially with a medical card.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much you guys, you really eased my mind.
Even though MI has medical marijuana, its a state law, so the DEA still considers it illegal because they function under federal law. So doctors still arnt supposed to let you smoke. Some docs let it slide, others others dont.
I was mainly concerned with the two reacting badly together.
I just had my induction on Friday, so they are still making sure my body will handle it. I seem to be adjusting to it very well. I was put on suboxone for pain, but im not gunna lie, I do enjoy my norcos and I do have quiet a tolerance. I was on then for over a year. Im happy with the switch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You certainly can smoke ! I do ! Iv'e never smoke much in the past. Very rarely but I do take a few hits now and then.

Can I just add that I'm clean 23 days today !!!! I'm so happy. I have very few people I can say that to. You guys on the forum are my only support outside my immediate family.

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congratulations Lindy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Artsi !

That really means alot to me, but to be honest, I'm not sure if Im going to continue posting here. Although, the information I've read has been really helpful (I've been on Suboxone since Dec 31, 2011) since I had many questions. I just dont see the responses or made any connections with other people on the board the way I had hoped.

Again, thank you for your kind words they really do mean alot to me !
Best of luck you !

Post subject: Maybe I can change that.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lindy, I joined this sight because I need a question answered. I did not expect to find so much encouragement. Im 25 and ive been taking and obscene amount of vicodin and oxycontin for the last 10 years. Ive never told ANYBODY that till just NOW. How long have you struggled with this? Im on day four and im still in disbelief.

Post subject: your dose
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi ArtsyAngi,
Just wondering how you get .5 sub doses, like, do you break up 2mg pills? Anyhow tho it's a small dose, sub is very effective at low doses, like a normal opiate. Enjoy your smoke!
and Lindy2012, I did not see your story, so congratulations on 23 days, - a big hurdle to get over- well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Artsy;

It's great to finally come forward and admit these things isnt it?? I felt that way when I told my family about my addiction. Although it hurt them, I was on the road to recovery. At my worst, I was eating up to 30 pills a day, mostly vicoden but I did everything from Percs to Opanas (my personal favorite). I've snorted H. All in all, I wasted 10 years of my life. Wasted, to say the least !!! I finally started Suboxone 24 days (LOL) ago and I feel GREAT !!! I feel normal !!!!

Being that your 25, I think it's great your getting this help now !!! Congrats again !

Stargazer,
Thank you !!!!! I guess I'm feeling a bit down today and thinking this site wasnt working out the way I wanted.

Thanks to the both of you for responding !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah my doc has me break up a 2 mg pill. It's a bit annoying because they crumble a bit too much. But like you said, yes it is very effective. I have a torn disc at T5 and the pain is completely gone. It would take 3 norco 10s for the pain to be completely gone.
I've ALWAYS had back pain, due to scoliosis. But three years ago I got hit by a car while walking in a parking lot. I know I'm addicted to the meds, but i'm also addicted to the pain relief. If camel piss took my pain away, id be addicted to that too. I'm 25 and I have a torn disc, scoliosis, arthritis, disc protrusion, and degenerative disc disease. And living in lower MI the weather makes the pain a lot worse sometimes. For me, not taking something for pain is NOT at option. So when the sub took it away completely, i knew this was going to work.
I could easily take 25 pills in a day. yes, ive snorted H as well because that was all i could find. If i didn't have any pills, i was in bed balled up in pain until I got some. I wasn't able to do anything around the house, for my fiance , or for my self. I was pathetic. The only person who really knows how bad i was is my fiance. Our relationship has gotten so much better in the last 4 days, then it has been in the last 3 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have trouble breaking my pills also, they crack and go everywhere. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

Funny that H is easier to get then pain pills, well, not funny, very sad. And it's cheaper too. I totally agree with how you describe yourself, balled up in bed, in pain if you had nothing. I HATED that feeling. I wanted to die. I would do anything just to score something so I would feel better. I will never go back to that ... that horrible feeling of not knowing where my next pill will come from.
I also have a lot of back issues. I had a spinal fusion in 2009, 10 days later I had an infection and the surgeon had to go back in and operate again. two major surgeries in 10 days. The recovery was the worst. By the time I realized I was addicted, I went from my surgeon giving me scripts, to pain management, to another surgeon. I finally said, enough is enough !!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I completely agree. Every morning my waking though was " how am I gunna make some $ today" I actually enjoy mornings now. And yes, that wanting to die feeling, at least then the pain would stop. Im sooooooo glad thats over. Im still waiting to wake up from this dream.
I cut my pills with a sharp razor blade. I have tons of them from the oxys. I only did the H once but like you it was any pain pill I could find, vics, percs, roxys, op's...anything. Ive wasted so much $ on this addiction I could have bought a house probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I not only enjoy mornings, I enjoy weekends !! Let me explain. When I was using, I would have to make sure on Friday that I had enough pills to last me untill Monday, most weekends, I wasnt able to score anything because I was home with the family. Needless to say by Saturday afternoon, I was pretty much out, yea, 20-30 pills gone in a day and a half.
I hate to even think about the money. We could pool our money together and buy a whole town for God's sake !!!!
I will try the blade idea to cut my pills

Thanks for chatting with me tonight. you really helped to make me feel better.

Post subject: opium tea
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Certainly can relate to the camel piss, on a daily basis - opium tea, the stuff that blackens your soul, but not today, cause 1.or 2 mg of subs on the menu!
I crush the pill, spread the dust in my mouth, under my gums etc, and don't swallow , for about 15 -20 minutes. When I was taking doses around 16mg I'd spit it out after, cause I use to get headaches if I swallowed it, but on low dose I just swallow it, after 20 minutes. You can snort it, the same effect, just a little quicker, but large doses snorted fuck your sinisus.
Small doses sure do have their benifits, its just a matter of getting your addict brain to work it out.
You guys take it easy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah it does seem to give me.headaches, but they only last like 10 min. I read that if you swallow them it doesn't work right. But im still new to sub. Dont feel bad lindy, ive had bottles of 90 gone in 2 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This could be handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What could be handy john.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ArtsyAngi wrote:
Yeah it does seem to give me.headaches, but they only last like 10 min. I read that if you swallow them it doesn't work right. But im still new to sub. Dont feel bad lindy, ive had bottles of 90 gone in 2 days.

If you get headaches, you might try spitting out your saliva after everything dissolves instead of swallowing your spit. You're right, you can't swallow the pill itself, but you can swallow the spit after it's all dissolved and you've waited about 10-15 minutes for full absorption.

Anyway, some people have problems with headaches and it's thought it might be from the naloxone. Many have found spitting instead of swallowing can take care of their headaches.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Actually of the last couple days the headaches have gone away. I went back to the doc yesterday for a dosage check, and she said my body just had to get used to the medication. Ive also leveled out and now feel completley normal. I couldn't be happier.