It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

How do you feel about the new obama care rules In one word.
unhappy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
discussed 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
angry 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
sad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
happy 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
funny 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
stupid 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
corruption 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
improvement 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

:shock: I have some very shocking news to tell you about bupinorphine and Obama care ,Today I went to see my doctor to pick up my monthly script and he hit me with a bomb shell he said there are changes just faxed to him yesterday and for me he said "i got off easy" maybe due to my dose and being on subutex since 2007,The rules were ez before hand come in pay,pee in a cup alone,get your blood pressure checked and see the doc for 3 minutes until he checked his computer for dea purposes and get next appt... and i was out the door in 5 mins.Well now today 04-01-2014 the new rules are and this is all of America,that we are observed while we take our drug test and then dea check for other prescriptions,then we are required to ether see a drug counselor once a week with signed paperwork for each visit or if we choose we can go to 3 AA/NA meetings every week that's 12 meetings a month in order for him to wright a script,paperwork must be done they provide so you can have AA fill it out each time you go to the meeting.also you must have another preauthorization with your insurance company if you take subutex due to the rule that they are no longer prescribing subutex witch is another rule of Obama care.I really hope you all can adjust because it is very sad we have to jump through hoops most of us have very busy lives and are sensitive when dredging up old memory's in aa/na and making us wheel around to do the imposable for some of us with no transportation but the good in this is it is an attempt to clean us up and keep this drug out of others hands for sale on the streets,We need a change but........some of us cant do what there asking and may just make things worse then they are putting needles back in our arms just to not go through what they are having us too.i left out some stuff i mean well and hope i did not upset anyone with my opinions i just have my own situation that is dire,We will make it through this no matter how hard it is we just need to adjust and keep pleasing the government with more money from there counselor money making excuses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 pm 

Hi Mr.Subvetx.

Every once in a while someone will report on our forum that their doctor is making changes in the way they handle suboxone patients, and their doctors will always say that the DEA has new rules that justify the new policies.

Well, we have a few suboxone-prescribing doctors as members, and the founder of this very forum is a doctor who prescribes suboxone to his patients. They always maintain that the DEA has never given them rules or regulations about how to treat their suboxone patients.

Here is a link to a previous discussion on this forum: said-dea-changing-rules-t8835.html

At most, the DEA can audit or investigate a physician to see if they are following DEA regulations, but that does not include specifics like requiring patients to attend meetings. Here is a link that shows what the DEA looks for during their audits: http://www.buppractice.com/howto/comply/oversight

What is most likely is that your doctor wants to tighten up prescribing practices and it's easiest to blame the changes on the DEA.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right on Amy, I work closely with a buprenorphine prescribing Dr. and have clients on all forms of sublingual buprenorphine and have not heard of anything through the grapevine like the OP is mentioning.

Like Amy said, sometimes physicians use 'The DEA' or now 'Obama care' on changes that they want to make within their practice that might not be popular and would likely cause quite a debate that perhaps they're not in the mood for.

The other possibility from what I've seen is that sometimes Physicians are simply misinformed and misinterpret information they have received or have heard second hand from a colleague who may have misinterpreted a misinformed person (what?!?!) Who knows? But like Amy said, the DEA certainly does not have the authority to make X-number of meetings or counseling sessions or even, quite frankly, ANY Urine Drug Screens mandatory for 'all burenorphine patients country wide.' Prescribers have to have the ability to provide or refer to appropriate services IF CLINICALLY WARRANTED, which in many cases it is not.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:12 pm 

And that, is why Amy is a Moderator! You are so good my friend. :!:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:13 pm 

rule62 wrote:
And that, is why Amy is a Moderator! You are so good my friend. :!:

I must be hormonal because you made me tear up. Quit it.

Amy