It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My name is Monica and I'm 44, have been on 4 mg. daily of suboxone maintenance since Dec. 26 2009. Feel very normal!! First time in 25 years. Been on the heroin merry go round for too long and I feel this has saved my life. ZERO desire to use. If anyone else if fairly new to Suboxone maint. hit me up and let me know if you are having headaches or insomnia please.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Monica and welcome to the forum.... I am also new to the forum...and new at using Suboxone for 'remission medication' I have been browsing around since my induction which was really close to yours...end of December too. That is really nice after being on herion for awhile you now have no desire to use, I'm really happy for you! Me personally I'm not having any headaches or insomnia...I'm sure others will respond though. Well once again welcome to the forum!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome Monica -

I started a little before you, and had a headache early on. I didn't have too much insomnia, but I heard from another forum member about taking my pink pill differently. Now (you will find several places on the forum) I take my orange pill once a day in the morning, under my tongue for a bit, then don't swallow. After a while, I spread the rest of the pill all over my mouth - which brings more saliva (naturally). I hold, swish, rub, for a total of 45 minutes. Swallowing little to none.

After 45 minutes, I then spit out the rest, and then don't drink or put anything in my mouth for the next 15 minutes. For instance, I read this forum every day for a while while I do this 1 hour total routine. 1 hour and done for the day.

For me, spitting out the orange saliva stopped my headaches. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but what's the harm in trying?

My doc thought I might get insomnia, so he prescribed trazadone and it's plenty strong and non-addictive. Maybe your doc will help if you mention it. Never hurts to ask :)

Again, Welcome!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Monica and welcome. I think you'll find this forum to be full of supportive people. We're glad you're here.

Like Lathedude, I, too, take trazodone for sleep. I find it works very well. Looking back it made me a bit groggy in the mornings for the first few days, but that went away and I awaken fine now. I've also heard of many people who've gotten rid of their headaches by spitting out the sub juices (for lack of a better term). It's thought to be the naloxone in the suboxone that might cause the headaches in some people.

Let us know how you're doing. Again, welcome and keep posting.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you people for welcoming me and I will for sure try your suggested method. That makes sense!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Monica65 - Please post back and let us know if that suggestion has worked for you... I do get head aches once in a blue moon...maybe once every two weeks... Could just be a typical head ache for me, I generally just take a couple of Aleve's and mine is gone. I'm curious though if spitting out the orange stuff stops your head aches. I have read on the forum this seems to work well for people that generally get head aches on a regular basis due to the Naxolone. My biggest side effect from Suboxone on a personal note is actually when I'm going to the rest room... Both ways are difficullt for me..The #1 way :lol: is the most difficult which is actually really annoying!!!!! Have a good day!! SuperBuper