It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Suboxforum. It appears that I'm in the right place. To sum myself up, I have been in a love/hate relationship with opiates now for getting on ten years now. I was never injured, just loved the high that opiates gave me. I am currently taking Suboxone and am falling into a comfortable pattern of 24 mg per day with a very understanding doctor. Now that I've said I about five times (in typical drug addict fashion), just want to say thank you to this site for giving us a chance to interact with people heading the same direction. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome Vic we're glad to have you with us please feel free to browse the site and don't be shy about asking any questions you might have. Feel free to pm me if you need anything :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Matt. Been gone a few days and just checked back in. I don't mean to be flippant with my screen name but sometimes you got to laugh or you're gonna cry.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 pm 
Hey welcome to the forum! I kinda like your name...thinking maybe Vicodone might be a good one too! And you're right about needing to laugh about it all sometimes too.
I'll tell you what though - there are way too many people out there who aren't laughing. There are too many people dying because of opiate abuse. Just last week a college student from my city died of a drug overdose in his dorm room. Let me tell you - this was a good kid from a good family. An athlete and a good student and by all accounts the last kid you'd 'expect' this to happen to. His family and friends are devasted. Apparently an accidental overdose of oxycontin. I figure there's a good possibility there was some alcohol or perhaps benzos involved as well leading to enough respiratory depression to cause him to die in his sleep. This is happening all the time. He probably wasn't even an addict. A lot of people who are dying aren't. They're just messing around trying to have a good time and they have no idea of the fire they're playing with. It breaks my heart. It really does. I have three kids myself - 24, 22, 14 and I cannot even comprehend the thought of losing one of them to something so foolish.
Society has got to get a clue and realize that dying of a drug overdose is no longer reserved to the back alley street drug addict or the suicidal chronic relapser. People are dying while just messing around with this stuff. Opiates (and benzos for that matter) are powerful, dangerous prescription drugs and I know there are a lot of us who are absolutely certain that we would have never gotten in so deep had we really known where that first Rx for pain meds was going to ultimately take us. Overprescribing and overuse of opiates has got to stop, and we've got to get the word out to our kids that these medications are nothing to play around with.
And for those of us who have already become addicted to opiates - we've got to get the word out that there is a REAL solution available - it's called Suboxone! It is sooooo incredibly naive to think that this problem can be fixed by 12-step groups or therapy or willpower alone....the statistics prove those methods seldom, seldom work long term. I am so grateful that people like Dr Junig are trying so hard to get the word out....that there is real help and hope through Suboxone!
So yeah Vic, we gotta laugh when we can because this is real serious stuff! Thanks for letting me share!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 pm 
Just wanted to add a quick update to the above post - The young man I mentioned was buried on Saturday. He was the son of a local physician. The parents spoke at the funeral and disclosed that indeed there were two prescription drugs involved in their sons death. They were both reportedly obtained from a friend's mother's medicine cabinet. The friend ended up in the hospital as well, but thankfully is okay. The parents spoke about what happened and encouraged all the young people there to take these drugs seriously, as they knew that their son was just 'partying' and had every intention of waking up the next morning.
So everyone - if you're still messing around - be careful...and LOCK UP your drugs!! It's just so sad.
On a happier note - I'm down to 3mg/day and feeling really good. If you're new to Suboxone, congratulations on getting started and you've found a great place here for support!
Hope everyone has a great week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Always happy to see another sober person join the site!! Welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome I too am new to this site and would love to hear more about your story.

Post subject: I am a new member
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:04 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I was addicted to opiates for 2 years until I decided to get help. I have been on 8 mgs of suboxone for a year and a half, and it has totally taken away my pain, and it doesn't hurt my stomach. I'm thankful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello " vicodumb",
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of good people out here willing to help / share in your addiction / Recovery...
We are all in this together!! Also.. To "Setmefree" That is an excellent post! It is amazing how easy we can get the opiates either thru a DR. or a medicine chest as you said!!! I wish you continues success on your RECOVERY.... I hope & pray for all of us. If you are new keep checking back hopefully you will find something helpfull out here??

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:56 pm 
Thanks Twinply for your support and prayers. Much appreciated and you have mine as well! As I mentioned in a different thread, I have kind of had a little bit of a rough patch this last week. I tried to reduce my dose a bit too quickly and at the "wrong time of the month" so I've been feeling a little bit crappy. I've decided to slow down with the tapering and I feel better already.
So nice to be able to come here for support and empathy!
Hope all is well with you and everyone else here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Haven't been here in a while and am fighting one of my old behaviors again. That is starting something and not staying with it. I need to discipline myself to lower my walls and really jump into this forum with both feet. Suboxone is heaven sent for me but I really need to be on guard so that I don't simply replace one addiction with another. This is a deadly serious problem that I will struggle with for the rest of my life. Not going to use the word fight because we have to quit fighting and accept the recovery that is available to all of us. Thanks again for the warm welcome and look forward to getting to know a lot of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

good to have you here ROXY!!!!!!!!!!!!