It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. Long Time lurker first time poster. I've been coming to this forum since 2011-2012 not long after I started Suboxone. Been on subs for about 6 years after a relapse following a successful methadone taper. At some point I'll find the time to post my whole story as I'm sure it will mirror many of yours but for now just wanted to say hello. About to get up and get dressed for jury duty (yay!). I'll come back and post more when I have time. BTW if I'm doing any of this wrong or put something in the wrong place feel free to tell me as this is the first forum I've ever posted to. Lol.

Post subject: Re: New member
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome bup!! Clever name... I need to work on a better name lol. I'm new but so far I've really enjoyed the discussions. Have fun at jury duty and looking forward to seeing your posts

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey thanks for the compliment trying 2! I actually thought of that name years ago when I was originally going to post and just never did and when I came back and made a profile I was surprised nobody else thought of it and used it. Anyways I chose it for two reasons, 1. Before my illicit drug use I was just a normal everyday guy. 2. That's how I feel when I'm on a stable dose of bupe. Just normal. Not high not down just plain old normal and it's great. Unfortunately not everyone understands that but that's a post for another time. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have for/about me. I love to share and I'm honestly wishing I'd posted so much sooner. Some of the support on here is just amazing. Might have saved me a relapse or two.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:52 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Long Time Listener, First Time Caller!
how was jury duty?
i can't post a link, but you might be interested in jury nullification. you could search fully informed jury association though ;)
jury duty is such a disgrace. 8 cents a mile, and the courthouse is 25 miles from me + $8 a day! they could at least pay jurors minimum wage! more people would do their "duty"
i'd love to hear more of your background when you have time.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey sis. Stones fan I take it? Actually I concluded my service today, it was four days and where I live they pay you $15 a day up to three days and once you reach day four it's doubled to $30 a day. And fortunately for me I'm just a few miles from the courthouse.It was actually a pretty cool experience but also sad. It was a 1st degree murder charge complete with crime scene photos and all! I've seen my share of bodies and stuff on the internet but it's totally different when the killer is in the room with you. Also on the net your removed from it by a few degrees. It has more of an impact when you know it's really real and you'll be making a decision that impacts someone's freedom. Unfortunately we had no choice but to find the defendant guilty based on the evidence. I'm allowed to talk about it now that it's over and I'm glad because it was weighing heavily on me the last few days and it was tough to not be able to talk about it. At some point I will be posting my story when I can find the time but for now I'm a 36 year old male living in the epicenter of the nation's opioid epidemic. Let's see if anyone can guess the state. I started abusing opioids in the form of pills in 1998.It was on and off use for years and I kept it for the most part under control until sometime around 2008 when it became full blown addiction and progressed to dependence soon after. Luckily I never had any arrests or job losses due to the substance abuse. I've been on Methadone and subs and I will say that for me Methadone was easier to taper off of due to not having control of the medication. Yes being able to take home 6-8 weeks worth of Suboxone is much more convenient than daily visits but for me it makes it easier to cheat when I'm tapering and not feeling well. Haven't had to deal with that for a while thankfully because I decided to just continue to maintenance for now and not put so much pressure on myself to come off. There's just to much to lose right now if I should happen to relapse know what I mean? I know this isn't the section for it so I'll say that I don't mean to start any debates about what is better between mdone and subs.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 pm 

Welcome to the forum Buprenormal! Yea, cool name. What took you so long to finally post? Lurking since 2012 is a long time. Whatever, it's good to have you aboard although you were aboard before this but just keeping quiet.

The more that our members post the better it is for all. We moderators don't like to be the only ones posting to new people but sometimes we are the only ones logging in. There are over 10,000 members registered. Where did they all go?? IMO, this is the foremost informative website for Buprenorphine. And if one is better, I sure haven't seen it.

So please continue to give us your opinion. We need all the members we can get.

The red carpet is hereby rolled out for you~~~~~~

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:11 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Buprenormal wrote:
Hey sis. Stones fan I take it?

of course ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome rule. Yeah I agree that is a long time to lurk without posting. I guess at first I thought just reading other people's stories was all the support I needed. Also I never thought I would be on this med so long. I remember my first Dr appointment I was saying I would only need this for 3-6 months max lol. Lately I've been feeling like talking to people that have been through the same thing though. Non addicts or "normies" as I call them just can't relate most of the time. I get little to no support from my wife who treats Suboxone as though it's something illicit. If she had her way I would have been off this med a long time ago. She says if I only had more faith and will power I can do without the medication but she's not the one who has to go through the days and weeks of sleeplessness, leg kicks,depression and cravings. I am. She's not even on board with opioid dependence being a medical condition no matter what all the research and science says. She's one of those "don't confuse me with the facts my mind's already made up". I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean. Anyways that was my rant on my wife lol. Didn't expect to get into all that but it was therapeutic in a way. Anyone else who has dealt with that or understands where I'm coming from feel free to add your own 2 cents. That's what I'm coming here for.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome Buprenormal! Glad you finally decided to post here on the Forum. I also lurked for quite a while. I'm getting my Suboxone from my MD so I'm pretty much on my own to make this drug work for me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's attitude toward this life saving drug. I found this website that really opened my eyes. It has an amazing description of Bupe. I really hope you and your wife will take a look. I think it could really help her to understand what you're going through. Support from your Spouse is so helpful IMHO. Here's the website:

http://www.helpmegetoffdrugs.com/index

Best of luck & hope to see you 'round the Forum!