It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi all - I'm new to suboxone (7 days clean from Everything today - soooooo grateful to be clean again). Alcohol was my drug of choice from age 14 to 39 and then I had to learn all about crack and heroin during a 3 month daily hell from Jan - March. I got a pretty bad habit really fast for such a little gal (I'm normally 103 - 5'4"; petite but lost ALOT of weight and went down to 90 lb. Looked horrible!! I've gained back 6 pounds already YAE). ...... Anyhow, I digress (lol).... I'm taking 12 mg daily and my doc says i can break up the dose however i like. When I take my bedtime dose as a 2mg or 4mg, I am having HORRIBLE night sweats :oops: ! Will taking a larger bedtime dose help with this? I'm thinking perhaps the sweats are just a part of detoxing and that I should be grateful that this and some constipation / nausea is all I can complain about instead of fullblown withdrawl which was torture! I'm so pleased with suboxone, how it has taken away the withdrawl, allowed me to get back to meetings and working a good, strong program (including daily NA meetings and stepwork, etc.), and even the wonderful effect of seemingly making me feel like a normal person (not at all high, just NORMAL) more than I EVER have in my whole adult life! I am diagnosed with major depression and have always been down, anxious, and had to make myself function. However, I feel very pleasant and positive on suboxone and yet, not high. My doctor thinks I should be on maintenance indefinately because it has stopped all cravings for alcohol and opiates and acts as an antidepressant for me. At least for now, I agree that working a thorough program along with sub maintenance seems like the ideal plan! It seems like I'm all over the place with this intro. but wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say hello to my fellow lifeboat passengers, peeps, homies (lol). Any advice on the sweats, digestive issues would be appreciated and any input about the antidepressant effects is stronlgy encouraged. Thanks all :wink:. Oh, one other thing... I do still have cravings for cocaine in all forms, esp. smoking as crack, having using dreams, miss the paraphenalia and the "rituals" - any advice with this would be great too. Gracias!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WELCOME! Thanks for posting. You and I have a couple things in common in that I too have always had depression and suboxone seems to have taken care of that for the most part. The anxiety I have always had is gone. I definitely feel way more normal than I ever have. I am also glad to hear another person say that their desire to drink is gone. I was a drinker off and on and would definitely self medicate with the booze. But on suboxone I could care less for the most part. I do have a drink now and again, but I can have just ONE and not even think of another one. So in a way, I guess I am kind of glad I got hooked on opiates because it gave me the opportunity for suboxone whereas had I just become a full blown alcoholic I wouldn't have that option.

Anyhow....I am not sure with your night sweats if that is withdrawal, or if it is because you are taking the suboxone too close to bedtime. It can cause people to sweat a little and get too hot. You may want to try taking your entire dose in the morning and see how it goes, or take the second part later in the day.

The cravings, dreams, and the ritual stuff that goes along with crack and cocaine use I also recall. I did those drugs so long ago though. I think those cravings lasted quite a while, especially for the crack. I used to break out in a sweat if I watched a movie with crack use in it. That I am afraid just takes time.

I am glad you found the forum and introduced yourself. Congratulations on your sobriety. There are so many good things to come for you I am sure!

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey congrats to hear your story and your in a place you like in your life now. as of night sweats i think its just a lil WDs over the next week or so i think they should start to go away. I myself take a light dose 2mg b4 bed as well and i know jack said it could maybe cause the night sweats but ive been takeing a bed time dose for 3 years and have never had any issues with sweating after takeing it. BUT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT WITH A DIFFERENT CHEMICAL MAKEUP SO WE ALL REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THIS DRUG. but i think you should be fine after the next couple days with the night sweats and welcome to this GREAT FOURM its the best sub site on the web. everyone hear is so nice and very understanding. ive posted very personal things on hear that i would never post on other chemical dependency fourms i belonged too but i dont know what it is about this site but it makes me fell so good.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Moved your post...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi aquasun122606@yahoo.com,
Just wanted to let you know I moved your post to the Introduction section of the Forum. I thought it was better served there.
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find support and answers to your questions here. Please continue to post as much as you like. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or e-mail me!!!! Best of luck in your Recovery....

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:19 am 
Hi and welcome. You've found a great place with lots of supportive people and good information. I think as you adjust to the Sub and the other substances leave your body totally you will notice that you feel better and better each day. Thank you for reminding me about the GRATITUDE I felt when I first got on Sub. The words you used were the exact ones I used, not high, just NORMAL. I've been in kind of a rut lately and it's good to be reminded of what Sub has done for me.
Best wishes,
Lilly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] [color=red] [/color
Thank you all for the warm welcome, great suggestions and sharing your experience, strength and hope! Today is day 8 and I am feeling better each day, as many of you said I would. I am so GRATEFUL when I wake up... to be clean, to have my life intact and there for me to make the most of each day, to feel so HOPEFUL again!! I think I kinda sound like a dork, which is how I often sound at meetings when I share my gratitude and happiness. But the truth is, life in recovery and life clean is something to be happy about. My worst day clean is wayyyyyy better than my best day high - and that's the honest truth. I didn't really ever get high from the opiates, and minimally from the alcohol and coke at the end... I was just seeking to drown my emotions and my inability to accept life as it is. Anyhow... I broke my dose up as follows: 4mg. upon waking / 2 mg. at 3:30 when I started to feel "icky" / and 6 mg. at bedtime and guess what? No sweats lastnight (or VERY minimal). Yae! I'm not sure if it is just that I am almost rid of the abused drugs and am almost done with "withdrawls" or if it is the larger dose at bedtime. I'm just glad to have slept all night and wake up dry :o . This seems like such a great forum and I'm so glad to have found it and to be able to talk with you all. Thanks for expressing so much empathy and support and for sharing your common experiences with me. Just like at meetings, it's really neat that nomatter how different we might be in all other aspects of our lives, when it comes to "addiction" we can all really relate on a deep level and there is always someone out there who has gone thru the same thing and can offer support and suggestions. To those who no longer feel like drinking on the sub, isn't that an awesome side-effect? I wish I had time to reply on a more personal level to each of you but today I have to get ready to pick up my car at the shop and get to IOP so I have to jump off the computer pretty quick. Hope everyone has a great day above ground. Here in western pa it is SUNNY and going up to high 70's so I am LOOOOOOVING it!!! Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades 8) (just for today - I know that tomorrow I might feel like crawling under a rock - as an addict and depressed person, I know that feeling good, normal, happy can be fleeting and can never be taken for granted). Ttys.

Post subject: WoW!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello Auquasun,
If you have as much energy and enthusiasm as your post suggests then you should be fine!!!! Be sure you DON'T sound like a "Dork" at all you sound like someone who is embracing Recovery and living life to the fullest and GOOD FOR YOU....
I'm glad you found this Forum. Here you will meet all kinds of people in various stages of Recovery.... I hope you stick around and post often that's how it works.
As far as the night sweats go. I never got them. I am on 16mgs. of Suboxone a day and do sweet easily during the day with minimum activity and I think that's a side effect of the drug? Other than that I have had excellent luck with it so far. I do go to therapy weekly and come on this Forum when ever possible and so far NO cravings or relapses for me.... Thank God!! Well I wish you continued success with your Recovery and please come back and let us know how you are doing.... :)

God Bless
TW

Post subject: Welcome!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

aquasun122606 - Welcome to the forum, I'm so happy you are doing so well on Suboxone. You made a comment about being on Sub and the side effect of not wanting to drink. I am with you 100%! I was a big time drinker when I was using my Oxys... I even some times would take shots in the morning hours!!! Now that I'm Suboxone, I can't stand drinking. I have ZERO cravings for alcohol. I have also found if I do drink, I feel kind of sick after... a little nauseated. I can be in the best of mood and mix my Suboxone with alcohol and the good mood is gone.. Just like that. So, for me that is a big deterrent which I'm blessed for. Suboxone has so many benefits for me too so I decided to stay on Suboxone for the long run. Once again aquasun122606 welcome to the forum, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

SuperBuper