It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jennhouse wrote:
This Again,

I think that it is awesome that you are seeking help, here, and that you are trying to manage your symptoms on your own. However, remember that part of Suboxone maintenance includes psycho-social treatment: therapy, group, NA/AA...It might benefit you to enter an out patient program and start getting Suboxone through your physician. Being monitored and prescribed will give you more of a support system. It sounds like you are a strong individual. A tough cookie, but sometimes we must humble ourselves and surrender to the help of others. You are proof that suboxone works, so let it work for you again. I wish you all the best. Take care.

Thanks for the suggestions....I actually am getting my Suboxone through a doctor....and I am in therapy. I also have a good support network of people from my recovery community. No meetings right now, or outpatient, but I have an online program I participate in that's working well for me. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day # 10 :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Be careful with the 5-HTP if you are already on a SSRI like Prozac. Let your dr know about the worsening depression and anxiety. I am going to follow my own advice tomorrow. I can't seem to shake my gloomy moods lately.

Good job on telling your bf about the slip. Huge step. I hope he is supportive and can help you through this. You can do it. Isn't it crazy how an addict can take 4 days worth of prescribed meds and feel the W/d in so little time?? Normal people can take meds after surgery for weeks and come off with no issues. I guess that's why it's called a disease. Some have it and some don't. And when it comes out of remission it comes back quick & hard.

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me as well. When I read your posts I can always relate.~ Jen

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Thisagain,

I just wanted to chime in with my support again. You are doing great! Don't discount how hard it is to get yourself straightened out after a relapse, even with the help of suboxone it isn't easy! I would imagine that the depression is completely normal as long as it doesn't get to a severe level and doesn't last too long. Just stay aware of how bad it is getting, and if it gets to that point, don't be afraid to reach out to your doctor.

You are doing so well! Keep up the good work, and stay focused on taking care of yourself.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all!

Thanks for all the support and feedback, even in the last few days when I wasn't posting. Made me feel good. :)

I'm still going strong....day #13 and I'm good to go. Can't say that I wasn't triggered earlier in the day when I unexpectedly came into some money, but, I had plans with my boyfriend (who is very helpful) and so that was a no-go, LOL. I wouldn't have acted on it anyway, but it did cross my mind.

The depression has gotten vastly better....I think it relates a lot to a hormonal imbalance. The 5-HTP seems to be helping too.... And thanks for the feedback, Jen, regarding the SSRI's....not taking anything like that. I'm actually taking the 5-HTP to try to avoid "real" meds.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day #16.... :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Woot, it sounds like you're getting back to normal, which is nice to hear. I hope everything is still going good for you...

I know exactly what you mean, every time I run into some extra cash my first thought is still "I can get some drugs now, and don't have to skip a bill)... That's just one of those things that you have to retrain your mind for. I always like to convert it into money.... I was spending about $70 per day to sustain a high, could get by on like $30-40... That's a lot of scratch. I tell myself I wouldn't pay for netflix, Directv, or any other form of entertainment that cost that much. I try to visualize all the work I have to do, just to have a buzz for a few hours after work and make it through the day. I usually see by then how stupid the trade off is. But, I still have it crosses my mind. IT's one of my triggers, in fact, I made sure that the wife got the direct deposit for our tax refund so I wasn't tempted to spend any of it. I have to hand over my paycheck as well. It's easier for me to give up all my money to her than it is trying to explain where it went and why. I know I'd never ask her for cash to get drugs, so at that point I just don't think about it any more.

I wish all the luck to you. Just let us know how you're doing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yep, definitely on my way back to my brand of normal, which is abnormal, of course. ;)

I can totally relate to you on the triggers thing.....I feel the same way.....getting extra money, getting paid, having free time, well just about anything. That's why I need to stay on the Suboxone for now. Its my safety net!

Day # 19 :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just checking in....still going strong. Although I do want to use, this is triggered by a fight with my boyfriend. I am so sensitive. :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:33 pm 

Does this help?

Your boyfriend is just a stubborn selfish jerk!!!

Feel better? :)

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

LOL! No, doesn't really help, but I appreciate the humor.

Day #32. Still extremely grateful for the Suboxone. I know that there are many days that having it could make or break me, you know? So, I'm so glad that I have it as a maintenance medication. Definitely tips the scales in my favor!!!