It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well...here I am.

51 year-old male, typical story probably. Started using Oxy about 10 years ago recreationally...10 years of life happened...started my Sub and treatment yesterday. I was snorting between 60 and 90mg of Oxo per day just to maintain and not fall into withdrawal.

After the initial 24 hours, which I am sure everyone here knows SUCKED beyond description, I started my Sub film yesterday. Honestly, I feel pretty good...or not bad anyway. I am waiting for the hammer to fall because I am so used to feeling like garbage when NOT snorting.

Anyway, just wanted to say "yo".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:16 pm 

Welcome 4,
Sorry im shorting your handel

So glad you ve found us. This is THE best place to learn . Many good people here who have been thought it.
Make sure you use the Talkzone blog and read up. Dr Junigs vidios are also full of answers too.

You will get stable on your dose and the fear of the Hammer falling will disappear, it has for many who are ready and done useing opiates.
Just wanting to welcome you and say hello. Congrats on your new begining

Razor..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:00 pm 

Hello 4eV :) cool username.

I felt just like u when I started my suboxone treatment. I couldn't believe that after my induction, everything was actually good. I was also addicted to oxycodone and everything else except hydrocodone lol. But towards the end it was oxycodone 30's. I remember missing my pills but wasn't craving them anymore...... and I hadn't EVER felt that way. I woke up in peace. That next morning, even before I'd taken my second dose, wasn't craving anything. It's amazing!

So start getting used to this because that's how this medication works. It eliminates ur cravings so that u can focus on life again.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for the kind "welcomes". I've bee poking around a little bit today on this site. I will check out the videos and your other suggestions tonight.

I regards to the "hammer", I guess I am just afraid. To go from full blown addiction, to heavy withdrawal, to feeling almost normal in a 48 hour period seems like a dream. Part of me half expects to wake up at 3am in a heavy sweat needing to sneak into the bathroom, crush up 15mg just to stop the WD and fall back asleep.

It's like this is all too good to be true, I slept last night without the use of any benzo for the 1st times in years. If sub is THIS effective why is this not a national topic? People are dying, friends of mine have died!!. Maybe I have been in the dark (ok admittedly I have) , but sub could be saving so many more people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:10 pm 

It definitely does feel like a dream! Those of us who go from a short-acting opiate to buprenorphine are very fortunate because most of us transition exactly like that. From misery to blessed normalcy. Those who are transitioning from methadone, heroin, fentanyl, and others sometimes have a more difficult time, and it takes them a couple weeks to feel normal.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you stay around and become a familiar guy!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi 4eVr4wRd! Welcome to the best recovery forum you will ever find!! There is so much information on here, i still read hours of it daily, and find new information. It's nice that you are getting to sleep well finally! Your post sound like what we feel to be true too-this is a wonderful medication, it does save lives and why doesn't everyone know about it???!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:44 pm 

4eV I say that to my mother all the time. I say why isn't all addicts doing this, do they not realize that there is such a better solution??? But I guess if ur not ready ur not ready. My nephew is an addict and was actually in suboxone treatment for months, but he never gave it a real chance. I guess he wasn't ready to change his friends, places or anything at all. He'd sell his medicine to buy his doc. I don't understand it but it still happens.

At least u can count ur blessings because it sounds like u got it and are starting a new chapter in ur life!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jennjenn wrote:
4eV I say that to my mother all the time. I say why isn't all addicts doing this, do they not realize that there is such a better solution??? But I guess if ur not ready ur not ready. My nephew is an addict and was actually in suboxone treatment for months, but he never gave it a real chance. I guess he wasn't ready to change his friends, places or anything at all. He'd sell his medicine to buy his doc. I don't understand it but it still happens.

At least u can count ur blessings because it sounds like u got it and are starting a new chapter in ur life!

I am going to start a new chapter, which hopefully ends up as a new book! I am on day 3 now, another "normal" day, went to work actually interacted with people laughed and smiled as if I do not have a care in the world.

I REALLY appreciate everyone's kind words here and I intend on hanging around for a long time. I have another appt with my med n head docs on Monday. I am actually looking forward it. Earlier this week, Monday...I was disaster!!!

Thank you ALL again...I am lucky and looking forward a real/legit recovery.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Welcome 4eVr

I'm new here too and have found this place to be HANDS DOWN the most useful aspect of recovery. You get quick responses, you get intelligent responses, and they obviously care very much. My induction onto subs from street drugs was awful so I'm happy to see you feel good. Some unsolicited advice: There WILL come a time when you want to take more subs than you should/have been proscribed. DON'T.

Looking forward to talking with you.....

I gotta change my handle...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

EmBanks wrote:
Welcome 4eVr

I'm new here too and have found this place to be HANDS DOWN the most useful aspect of recovery. You get quick responses, you get intelligent responses, and they obviously care very much. My induction onto subs from street drugs was awful so I'm happy to see you feel good. Some unsolicited advice: There WILL come a time when you want to take more subs than you should/have been proscribed. DON'T.

Looking forward to talking with you.....

I gotta change my handle...

New handle? You don't like EmBanks? Kinda sounds like a bad-ass rapper name...EmBanks -> M Banks -> Money Banks....you should totally keep it!!!

I already took more that my script indicated. Two strips two times per day is what the doc ordered, I took three strips twice last week. I was curious I guess, plus it's in my nature to push the envelope, otherwise would not even be here right? Question authority and pedal to the metal has been my MO for the past ten years or so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:23 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Most folks I know/knew who messed up their sub treatment and end up in trouble began by "running short" on the script. It just leads bad places, trust me. You probably already know this though. Just puttin in my 2 cents. It took me a few years to get stable on sub maintenance, so I was just trying to pass on some wisdom.

M

PS keep posting i'm gonna be off the taper very soon and could use some things to do.

PPS Netflix shows "the Magicians" and "Travelers" have been late-night helps for me to pass time.
Edit: can't change handle anyway, that I can see. lol -$Banks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Since you just started I think it may be OK that you end up short on your meds. You could always take 1 1/2 strips a couple days. You could need more than 2. Talk with your dr. about the dose.
Good luck. It sounds like you're already getting your life back. Addiction is a full time job.