It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm jarid i started on suboxone in November of 2012. I began using when I was 18. I am now 24 though it never presented a huge problem till I turned 21 and made the switch between sniffing vicoden Percocet and oc to sniffing the opana idk how it was for other parts of the country but in my area (Binghamton NY) after the oc company started making oc uncrushable there was a huge change and everyone started doing g the opanas which I fell in love with the first time I tried it. I really was a recreational user of oc never got sick only did them when. I had the extra cash. And the first opana I did really turned me into a full blown addict. Though I didn't notice til after a month.I tried to just go to bed without anything and I was kicking tearing sneezing pooping every 2 mins.instead of thinking wow I should stop while its managable but I didnt.about 4 moths after that is when my iv use started with i.r opana and that was when I really started downhill. I was stealing from my work and ruining my parents lives begging everyday stealing my dads stuff to scrap. I got numerous infections on my arms all my non using friends turned there back on me and I don't blame them now though at the time I couldn't and used it as another excuse for the I was living my life. My boss talked me into going to rehab and detoxing and I did though I ended up just being put on sub maitainence while I was ther and was transferred to a cash only docter upon my leaving rehab and it worked for a little while. But I relaped and ended up blowing it off. After that is when I began using heroin opanas began becoming hard to come by. And I just didn't wanna live at that point I was in sorry shape I lost my job. In October 2012 my mom found a good docter that takes her insurence and they ended up excepting me into there suboxone maitainence. And by that point I was ready for help I was just tired. He is one of the better sub doctors in the southern tier of upstate . I have been going twice a month since November 2012. Since starting g I have bought a really nice motorcycle I have a great job. This medication has done wonders for one day I was really wanting to just die I literally went to sleep everyday hoping I wouldn't wake up. To the next day having a life again and having my friends and family back in my life again. I know there are a lot of people that knock suboxone and people on it but i owe everything I've gained in the last year and a half to suboxone and my doctor. I know my story isn't much different than everybody else's but just figured I'd introduce myself been following Dr junig on YouTube and reading this forum for awhile just decided to register.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know my story is no different than everyone else's suboxone gave me a second chance at life and I'm so so thankful that it assists I probly wouldn't be alive at this point if it wasnt around deffly be missing one of my arms at this point if I didn't get on it when I did....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted 2 say hello. My name is Whitney and I 2 am 24. I was on suboxone for 4+ years and I have recently tapered and jumped. ( from .25 ) Today is day 4 off of subs and I'm feeling great. ( I def don't think that I am completely out of the woods yet, but while I'm feeling good I'm going 2 enjoy it ) I wish u the best of luck.:-).

Oh and I would just like 2 add that opanas smell like feet yuck. Glad I don't do those anymore. :lol:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:11 pm 

Hi Jarid and welcome to the forum!

Your story might not be super different than a lot of us, but I think it's cathartic and good to retell it. It does make us grateful for what we have earned back.

I hope you stick around!

Amy