It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I've been taking suboxone for 5 years as an alternative to hydrocodone for pain control. I have been struggling with the cost of taking this medication and was relieved when I was accepted into California's Medi cal expansion under the ACA. Although the Medical website shows buprenorphine to be covered with TAR (Dr. justification forms) the pharmacies refuse the scripts. Is there anyone from California that can advise me on their experiences with similar situations. I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you can offer.
Thank you, :?
Kgirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:51 pm 

Kgirl, sorry you haven't received a decent response from anyone yet. Medicare is a subject we are a little weak on. They are fairly stingy when it comes to paying for the films. Are they covering it at all? I dread the day when it's my turn to get them to listen to my story.

Welcome to the forum and I hope someone will have better answers than me.

Rule

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you for making me feel welcomed.

I have not been able to get a pharmacy to even attempt to bill under California's Medi cal TAR (dr. justification forms requirement). They all have unique and varied reasons why they cannot process the script.

When I tried to get policy/coverage clarification my frustration magnified... I called CA Medi cal to verify coverage, they directed me to my assigned medical group for payment of this script. My assigned medical group pharmacy department assured me that Suboxone is covered but paid directly through CA Medi cal via TAR process.

Reading through the various threads here proved to be a wonderful resource of information regarding the different strengths and brands of buprenorphine hydrochloride.

My Dr. has never offered me a choice of Suboxone verses Subutex. I will take this up with him next week. I currently pay $553 for 75 8mg generic Suboxone tablets. The same dosage of Subutex cost $ 123 at my local Costco pharmacy. WOW what a potential savings. Who needs to hassle with Medi cal's BS anyway.

I only hope that other buprenorphine hydrochloride users have had success dealing with the entangled and complicated Medi cal system.

Best regards,
Kgirl