It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New member from Croatia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everybody!

I am jus' a new guy here.I was an addict for 16 years.Using all kind of drugs,but mostly a heroine.
Now I'm on subutex/suboxone for 3years and 1 month.Recently I am trying 2 quit sub and lower daily dos. from 8mg a day to 4mg right now.

2 b honest,this is the first time here and I don't read any1 topic yet.Mostly I am interested in how sub does it 4 U.
4 example:In 3 years of using sub I did not have any recidive.But,lately I am wondering if I have a some side ef. of sub treatment.I am a 44 y. old,and I am from Zagreb,Croatia.

I hope I find some answers here,and sorry for my english. :roll:

E Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello! It is a bit difficult to understand some of the things you wrote I must admit. Don't worry, we will all try our best to help you. Croatia, that is very interesting. I would like to here about the suboxone/other programs that they have there for dope/pain pill addicts such as ourselves.

I am on suboxone for just over 6 months. I love it! It has given me back my life. With out it, I cannot say for sure what I would be doing or if I would be here or even alive. I plan to stay on suboxone for quite some time, at least till I fix what I messed up in the past 10 years anyway. That may take a loooooong time. But I am okay with that, and so should you or anyone else who chooses so! I get my suboxone once per month from a private doctor in his private office, not a clinic like some have to (kinda like methadone clinic I think). MY doctor has been practicing addiction treatment and such for just about 30 years. He is also a recovering addict. Most doctors are excellent, recovering addicts or not, at being understanding and just flat out good doctors. SOME are horrible and just out for money or other harmful reasons, please watch out for these and stay alert!

I am not an expert nor doctor, just a recovering addict. My advice is only from my experiences and what I have seen. Take it for what it is worth!! Good luck and take care. Let us know how you are doing!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali