It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is the only site I have ever considered participation in. I have been on the Suboxone for, since 12 of '06. The past couple of years I have tapered down to almost nothing (cutting 2MG-0.5 pills with accuracy into quarters) and the drug has worked for me. I tried to find quality information on the internet but found too many unscientific, unreliable, discussions of personal accounts. While some of the information was certainly valid and similar to my experience, still I found that each case is unique. So I gave up on reading on the net.

This site appears different and somewhat safe. The bottom line for me is that I want my normal health back; and the only thing standing in the way is a little shard of Suboxone - theses days LESS than a quarter of the aforementioned pill.

I have my opinions about Addiction Treatment Methods and they appear to agree with the Moderator's (so far). As much as I believe in the 12-step method, it is not for me. That is not to insinuate that such method would not work, but that an alternative PRIVATE treatment that did not expose me to the scourge of a social stigma was more appropriate for me. THAT is very important to a lot of addicts. Suboxone made that possible for me, however due to its relatively new status, my current doctor has little experience with it. I went to one doctor in the beginning who only "detoxed me" with it and sent me on my way (told me to go to NA). My current doctor who got me on the maintenance program genuinely cares about his patients. I could go into more detail but I just wanted make a brief introduction to the forum, and close with the following statement:

If it were not for the PHYSICAL dependency of opiates/oxycontin/suboxone, I could have put the drug down and walked away a LONG time ago!

I would appreciate any comments

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What are the physical side effects you are experiencing with your "shards"???

(congrats on being down that low, I have never heard anyone using shards, so 10 points for word use)

You also did not mention the reason you wanted to stop, other than saying you wanted your life back. I certainly know the feeling. The 12 steps do not work for me either (I haven't even tried, so I guess I don't really know), but the idea of it does not interest me either. I must say, I like my GROUP therapy that I go to, but for some reason I have never met a "meeting" that I liked...

Glad you found the site

Take care...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum!

When I have more time, I will dig it up, but did you look up the 'water taper' method mentioned here and at http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com?

This method is basically dissolving a known quantity of Suboxone in a known quantity of water in order to give you a lower dose and a predictable dose as well.

*EDIT*

Take a look at this:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2119

I'll see if the doc has time to give you a better place to look..