It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, Thank you to everyone that has posted their stories and information. I have been researching sub for awhile now, I am ready to get this monkey off of my back.

15+ years I have been on pills, of course I started small and it spiraled away from me like so many others. Right now I take them to just feel normal I hardly even feel high. Which means up my dose, find a stronger drug or knock this monkey out.

Strange enough one of the things that scares methe most is what if I fail and I have to crawl back to the dealers I have found asking to hook me up again? Is that stupid or what? The other thing is the label. I work in the medical field and being labelled an addict is worse than being one.

I have tried to taper.. Most of you know how that goes. I tried cold turkey. I tried NA and what I found was a bunch of people that treated me like an idiot. If I am not selling myself for a hit of crack I am not an addict... someone actually said that.

Thank you again for the forum and the wonderful information and support I see here. Wish me luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! Congratulations on making the decision to get your life back! I think you will be happy with Sub as so many of us are here. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I hope you stick around this is a great place and I have learned so much here. Post any questions along the way, there is usually someone that knows the answer or at least how to find it. Look forward to getting to know you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome, this first step Is the hardest, we will do our best to be supportive. Look around, read the threads, inducting suboxone, stopping suboxone, anything that looks interesting. Dr Junig has a talk zone with tons of informative stuff and you can actually talk to him "Almost Live"

Robin :-)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi kitty and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've found it helpful. Congrats and making the decision to check out suboxone. It also had a huge hand in saving my life. I've been on it now for almost 3 years and I couldn't be happier with my sub treatment. I hope it goes as well for you. If you have any questions about the forum or anything at all, don't hesitate to ask.

Again - WELCOME! Hope to see you around the forum!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:47 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, kitty, and welcome! :)

Good luck with your recovery!

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kitty, keep us posted, did you find a doctor, there is a find a Certified Doctor link towards the top. If you have and I just haven't seen the thread I apologise.

Robin RN 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for the welcomes. I do have a list of doctors near me but I have not made an appt yet. I do have an appt today with a counselor (which is a huge step for me).

To be honest I am terrified. I feel terrible but nobody but my mother knows the extent of my problem. Not my husband not my friends nobody. He knew I had trouble with pills when we married but he has no idea I habe relapsed to this extent.