It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New law in Virginia!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:17 pm 

This is from a facebook group I belong to:

Can I get you guys help? They passed a house bill in virginia making it a law that subutex can only be prescribed to pregnant mothers. They will not make any exceptions for patients with a documented drug allergy. Like me :-/ if any of you have the time can you please go to this link and write a comment for the town hall meeting/board of medication ! I appreciate it!

http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/Comments ... 917B19F927

Amy here. There is a link that says Enter a Comment where you can comment. Would you guys mind putting your 2 cents in regarding this law? I'm afraid that many will be negatively affected by the law.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I sure hope this is not true. They think that they are doing something correct. But really they are taking 10 steps back. If this is true, they just killed a lot of people that can't take suboxone because of headaches. Instead of switching to subutex. They will now quit suboxone and become active in their addiction again. Someone needs to stop these idiots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just posted...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you doc and for the original poster. I have been in contact with the doc on this site about this law for the past 2 months. Its real and it has been done. I believe what the board of medicine did was a violation of the law. The bill HB 2163 was to be decided on by the governor by March 27th and even know it wasn't signed into law, the BoM went ahead and enacted the regulations on March 15th. 12 days before the bill was to become law even if the governor didn't sign it. My last doc appointment was March 11th, my pharmacy was out of medication because they hadn't got their truck yet. I got it mine on the 13th luckily. It would have been even worse for me if I couldn't have gotten it even know I paid for my prescription. I went back April 8th, because by the new regulations the doctors can write a 1 week dose if a person is switching to methadone, well even know I wasn't my doctor was going to do that just so I could have one more weeks worth of medication. We called every pharmacy in the area and none would fill it. I have a legit allergy to Naloxone, and I wish to god I didn't. I know it suboxone or a generic is much more expensive at a pharmacy but believe me it's better than being able to receive nothing. My doctors hands were tied, there was no switching me. I found treatment in another area though thank god. Its been a hell of a 3 weeks but the fight isn't over for some patients. Some patients don't have access to travel out of state or hell even 50 miles. The Virginia Board of Medicine is having a meeting on May 15th and have invited me and some other patients to speak at the meeting. I myself cannot reach Richmond because it is to far, but I know some patients that are going and we found each other on facebook. They are going to video me while in the meeting, and im going to continue to fight for the patients in Virginia. I believe it is wrong they not only prohibited people from getting prescriptions regardless if you have an allergy or not, they also stopped the otp clinics (methadone clinics) from dispensing it in take homes. This makes me mad to no end that those patients that went everyday for over a month to gain their first take homes lost their medication, but methadone patients get to walk out with theirs. I understand methadone is a great drug for addiction, and has saved many lives but Buprenorphine is the much safer alternative period regardless of Naloxone or not.