It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Kid On The Block
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everybody, pleased to meet you all. I'm feeling very down so subsequently in a "Keep It Simple" mood therefore my intro at this time is going to be rather basic.
I was involved in a serious accident about 4 years ago & was put on Oxycodone for one of the obvious consequences, chronic pain, but during treatment for resolution of my injuries I was given an MRI scan thru which the doctors discovered an inoperable tumor inside my head. So began my first association with opioids.
I soon found out that they were not a substance with whom I would suffer gladly. And so after years of enduring the usual negative side effects for what seemed like eternity & looking at a situation in which the odds of my dose being increased much higher by my conservative doctor I admitted myself into detox & so what was to become the most challenging period of my life began. I left the detox on 24mg of Suboxone & accompanied by a great sense of relief & total ignorance. I was content with the thought of spending the rest of my life, in what at that early stage, I anticipated as an ideal life scenario. Life ahead looked sweet!
At this stage I would like to state catergorically that this is not a critical rant against the use of Buprenorphine. I am, like I said, feeling down so I will return later to finish my intro. Thankyou all for being here, as I have spent weeks reading many of your messages & I have been inspired in so many ways.

Post subject: Re: New Kid On The Block
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Arky, welcome to the forum.

I got on Subs due to drug addiction (and am now 58 days off Subs), but a lot of people get on them the same way as you.

Are you thinking about getting off Subs?

-- ji

Post subject: Re: New Kid On The Block
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Johnny for your response & a big congratulations on 58 days clear. As to am I thinking of getting off subs well that's a resounding yes. If I could wave a magic wand & be off it in a flash I would.
My problem has been since I was put on it is that I am having great difficulty establishing a stable dose & subsequent baseline from which I can launch into a withdrawal protocol but due to a variety of intense problems :shock: I am having with the Sub that is yet to happen.
I want to post on this topic but I'm not sure under what heading on this site to do it, maybe Side Effects, cause I really need as much help as I can get & I have become seriously desperate.
I have dedicated months working hard in a variety of ways including trawling the wealth of information out there regarding my situation & it's time to put down my usual dysfunctional behaviour which is "I can do it on my own" & to reach out & hopefully get some assistance in sorting out, as I said, what has become "the most challenging period of my life".